GPGames Forum Scale Model Section

Posted by LS. 
Re: GPGames Forum Scale Model Section
Date: January 25, 2014 03:23PM
Posted by: Nickv
The 1:43 is incorrect too. It has the wrong winglet above the sidepod/in front of the rear wing endplate.
Date: January 25, 2014 03:40PM
Posted by: ipswich2007
Some great models on here guys, anyone want to see some WRC models or is that not-allowed on here? :)

Date: January 25, 2014 04:01PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Minichamps have made plenty of mistakes over the last few years. They've made the same mistake on pretty much all of the 2011 and 2012 cars with the rear tyres.

Check a real image and the rear Pirelli's don't have any markings on the inner sidewall, check most of the Minichamps models and they do. Ridiculous lack of quality control.

Nathan, go for it. Doesn't say anywhere that this thread is exclusively for F1. I myself have a fair few WRC models made by IXO, mostly from the early 00's.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: January 25, 2014 06:25PM
Cool, was just checking didn't want to tick anyone off.

Will do so soon, just need to take photos etc :D my iphone has decided it doesnt want to function anymore -_-

Date: January 29, 2014 04:25AM
Posted by: Karan
This one just arrived from eBay earlier today...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2014 04:25AM by Karan.
Date: January 31, 2014 07:59PM
Posted by: Muks_C
cool. can you please show us some close ups of the engine?

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: January 31, 2014 08:45PM
Posted by: kedy89
Haven't bought one for quite some time now, these were my last additions so far

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: February 01, 2014 10:33PM
Muks_C Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> cool. can you please show us some close ups of the
> engine?

Date: February 02, 2014 07:40PM
thanks. wanted to see how good/bad the detail was.

Date: February 02, 2014 09:53PM
It's pretty average imo. Not on par with the Minichamps removable cover models. Definitely not on par with Exoto.

Date: June 29, 2014 03:26PM
some recent purchases:

Date: July 20, 2014 08:32PM
I always wanted to add a 1:18 Senna McLaren from one of his championship winning years to my collection and preferably with a Marlboro conversion already done. So finally decided to pull the trigger on this MP4/6 last night off eBay. Although they missed a couple Marlboro decals unfortunately (helmet and on either side of the cockpt).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2014 08:48PM by Karan.
Date: July 31, 2014 07:37PM
The MP4/6 arrived in the mail yesterday and thought I'd post a few pictures of it as there were some differences in some of the Marlboro stickers compared to the ad. The rear wing logo looks off but at least they managed to apply the ones on the helmet and cockpit sides.

Date: August 17, 2014 02:55PM
got the 1:43 Schumi Brazil 2012 Last Race model, it's really nice. the car may be a bit ugly because of the nose but it still is a beautiful model:

Date: September 05, 2014 12:02PM
Hi guys, I was gonna' share some back in January but my camera died and I forgot essentially hehe.

This is an old (Hot Wheels?) 1:18 2000 Ferrari F1-2000

Mr. Stoner's 2007 Ducati Desmosedici GP7, I can't remember exactly which scale, it's the smaller one bike scales go in, Maisto.

An extremely rare 1:18 Ferrari 288 GTO Evoluzione, took me years to find this was 150£ + postage when I did, my favourite ever car and a beautiful model. Bonnet & boot open. Can't remember the manufacturer.

Maisto 1:10 2008 Ducati Desmosedici GP8 - C. Stoner & Maisto 1:10 2009 Ducati Desmosedici GP9 - C. Stoner

Maisto 1:10 2010 Ducati Desmosedici GP10 - C. Stoner & Maisto 1:10 2011 Ducati Desmosedici GP11 - V. Rossi

Maisto 1:10 2012 Ducati Desmosedici GP12 - V. Rossi & Maisto 1:10 2013 Ducati Desmosedici GP13 A. Dovizioso

One of my favourite models Snr Alonso won my heart in this car at this race.

It's a Mattel (badged as Hot Wheels on the plaque) 1:18 2010 Ferrari F10 - Fernando Alonso.

Norev? 1:18 2007 Citroen C4 WRC - S. Loeb 1st @ Monte

Camera didn't like this model for some reason haha.
Norev? 1:18 2013 Citroen DS3 WRC - S. Loeb 1st @ Monte

Burago 1:18 2004 Citroen Xsara WRC - S Loeb

worth noting what a great model this is from Burago who I associate with crappy toy cars.

(Defunct Italian company whom I can't remember) 1:18 1993 Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evolution - Carlos Sainz.

I'm in love with Lancia and this Sainz Delta is a very rare model, most of them - obviously due to success and amount - are in the Martini and even JollyClub liveries.

Greenlight 1:18 2011 Dallara IR-07 ( I think that's the chassis name) in SuperSpeedway body/aero spec , Mr Dan Wheldon's Indy 500 winning car,
stunning livery in the flesh, very orange, epic race, great driver, great guy. 2011 was the first year I followed IndyCar at every race - watching them all, before I was a fan but 2011 was my first year of properly getting into the series,
I was a huge Franchitti fan and also follow Dixon but this guy won my respect at this race and drove beautifully in the select other events he competed in in 2011, I was going to follow Dario & Wheldon in 2012, and having only been
2 years of age when Senna died, this was the first death I had ever witnessed in my sport and I have to admit it hurt - in a way that only motorsports fans will understand reading this.

Anyway I had a choice at the time I had a spare 100£ for a model and both Dario and Wheldon's models were available on GPLegends, although I supported Franchitti, I went for this model

Aside from this the actual model itself is fantastic, well made, very heavy, with an open engine cover showing turbos etc etc. One of if not my favourite model for racing and quality reasons.

I have to say this is one of my favourite threads on this website
Hope to see some more guys models to admire and envy :P

Additional, this is a shot of one of my display cases, just cos hehe

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2014 12:06PM by ipswich2007.
Date: September 09, 2014 09:28PM
some nice models there mate! just one thing, the one you think is an F1-2000 by Hot Wheels doesn't look like it's really that, it might be a cheaper manufacturer's version of it (Burago?).

this is my HW F1-2000 that i converted to tobacco for comparison:

just got this, Raikkonen '07 Brazil Championship model:

with and without flash so you can see the real colour/shade of red, although all pics look more orange than they should

i had bought it with the intention of converting it to Marlboro but only realised after i'd bought it that at Brazil they ran the barcode/hashmark livery :(

real car:

I did want to do this to it as it looks much better:

maybe i should have got the Chinese GP version instead, but this one represents the Brazil race in particular. the 2 options are convert it to barcode so it stays specific to that race, and maybe re-sell it, or convert to Marlboro so it looks better, but then doesn't necessarily represent Brazil but the whole season.

looks much better converted to Marlboro:

and this is one of my favourite threads too, pretty much the only one i still visit. it's amazing that nearly 10 years after its creation it's still on-topic and i'm still buying models!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2014 09:39PM by Muks_C.
Date: September 10, 2014 12:15AM
Posted by: Carlitox
That model is extremely inaccurate. In what universe does Kimi smile like that? ;)

Kidding, of course. Awesome models! I can't help but envy you guys, it's been almost 4 years since I last bought a model and now I'm committed to uni (therefore jobless, therefore moneyless, therefore modeless) ;)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: September 10, 2014 01:26AM
Marlboro isn't "representative of the whole season" they only ran the worded Marlboro at. 3 out of the 17 races in 2007 :p

Aside from that great model, I still don't know what to think of that strange red they ran in the latter half of 07 hehe.

An ye Kimis smile is suspect :p

I agree with Marlboro looking better though, I liked the typeface Marlboro used in 2007. Looked great on the car too. Up to you though what you do, it is after all your model :) great buy though :)

Date: September 25, 2014 03:00PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Nice to see updates here. Not much from me lately. I have the RBR China double car 1/43 set now and a Rosberg Mercedes in 1/18!
Its a shame model cars have shot up in price! Now it seems collected scale helmets is the new trend! (They dont really lose much value either!)

Date: September 25, 2014 10:20PM
Something about the cost of the molds I remember reading about 6 months ago. Personally I think even model companies have taken to overpricing because it's a niche product and they know they can.

I stick to ebay mostly hehe.

What ROS Merc have you gone for dude?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy