Marshall up in smoke!

Posted by whyf1? 
Marshall up in smoke!
Date: August 10, 2002 02:46PM
Posted by: whyf1?
wow, ive had a very sh!tty day. my marshall amp decided to give out on me.its only 2 months old!all i did was turn it on and it made this loud humming, then all this smoke strted puring out of it!

ive taken it back to the shop for them to send it back to Marshall and see if they can fix it.

DAMN!

no more guitar playing for a long time: (

good bye

this is where my signature goes
Re: Marshall up in smoke!
Date: August 10, 2002 02:59PM
Posted by: Ellis
:';(

No garnatee (sp) on the amp?

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 10, 2002 03:19PM
Posted by: genesis
'garnatee (sp)'

lol! Guarantee!

I've had my 'Vantage' amp for about 10 years now, and is still going strong. Mind you, I need to buy a bass amp, cos I run it thru this 'Vantage' one, which is a guitar amp, and I stopped playing that like 6 years ago.

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: August 10, 2002 03:26PM
Posted by: Larry
And is it COOL or KOOL? I'm so confuuused!!!! :P

Date: August 10, 2002 03:31PM
These vacuum tube (or valve if you're British) amps can be unpredictable but nothing beats their sweet overdriven sound. Bummer even if it is on guarantee.

Date: August 10, 2002 03:42PM
Posted by: Ellis
I always say KOOL, :P

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 10, 2002 04:58PM
Posted by: Vader
For some reason I have a strong dislike for Marshall amps, although I have been a metal fan since the dawn of time, and there was hardly any band in the 70s/80s that didn't use these amps. However, I think no matter what you play on them it always sounds like AC/DC. If it's about guitar amps, I would always go for Hughes & Kettner, if I have enough money it could even be Mesa Boogie (like Slayer had on Reign In Blood). For my sweet bass guitar I usually go for Trace Elliot amps. But my bass sound is unusual anyway, it's like a heavy, deep guitar - no twat-funky slapping, but lots of overdrive/distortion, chorus, delay - a sound that can only be compared to a swarm of angry hornets.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: August 10, 2002 06:57PM
I would favor the Mesa Boogie for a vacuum tube amp but I'm not crazy about the hassle of power tube maintenance. That's why I use a Digitech GSP2101 pre-amp/processor. It has two pre-amp tubes for distortion, and it contains more digital processing than I'll ever need. That drives an ADA MicroFet 100 power amp and even though that's solidstate, the power mosfets provide smooth clipping.

IRONically, even though they use Marshalls, many heavy metal guitarists get their distortion from "fuzzboxes" rather than use the amp's distortion.

Date: August 11, 2002 04:14PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
My friends got a lovely 70Watt amp for waking me up :@

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy