sidewinder USB problems

Posted by matthewp 
sidewinder USB problems
Date: July 31, 2002 02:42PM
Posted by: matthewp
i'm using Win XP pro and no matter what I do I can't get my USB sidewinder precision racing wheel recognised in the game controller menu. It just doesn't list any controllers at all. i've updated all the drivers tweaked some settings, I even tried installing win 98SE but it still didn't work, its not the port as other devices work. I've had the problem before but unplugging it and putting it back in a few times has always worked, but not this time. I've tried pretty much everything I can think of so i'm asking if anyone can help. (bloody Microsoft can't even get their own products to work with their operating systems)
Re: sidewinder USB problems
Date: July 31, 2002 02:45PM
Posted by: tux
hmm, this seems to be on topic, ohh bruno...? :P

i dont know :(

Date: July 31, 2002 02:57PM
Posted by: matthewp
wel I don't play GP3 or GP4 much so its not on topic there :-)
Date: July 31, 2002 03:04PM
Posted by: Habi
its not on topic, it has nothing to do with GP3/GP4, its a software/hardware problem

Date: July 31, 2002 03:25PM
Posted by: Ellis
Am i right in thinking that this is a Micropoofs, erm, i mean Microsoft product? If so shouldnt it be really simple plug and play?

Or is plug and pray?

So M$ products dont work on M$ OS systems? LOL Thats a joke!!

Only thign i can suggest is 1) drivers, 2) contact Micropoofs

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 02, 2002 12:44PM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
Try removing the USB hub in control panel/system/devices and rebooting. Also, try updating the INF files for your motherboard. I have the same wheel and it works in 98Se, ME and XP without any problems but I'm using thw ASUS CUSL2 MB.

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: August 02, 2002 12:56PM
Posted by: Morbid
Don't use the Sidewinder software from the M$ website. It is an older version (3.02) and does NOT support USB devices. Use the version that is on the CD that came with the wheel.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: August 02, 2002 02:04PM
Posted by: tux
erm, what wheel do u lott recommend for me? as i just broke mine :';(

must be ff and under £90 :(

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy