Real life modding project!

Posted by madotter 
Real life modding project!
Date: April 25, 2015 08:37PM
Posted by: madotter
Hello all,

As many of you know I gave up modding GP4 a few years ago as I met my beautiful wife and we had a perfect little baby girl so time is not as available to me as it used to be. I do miss making liveries for GP4 but now I found a way to do it in real life!!

I've been training Alice, who is now just over one and half years old (MY GOD WHERE DOES TIME GO!?!) to follow in her daddy's footsteps with much love for Ferrari. She watches the F1 with me, has just recently learnt to say "Ferrari" and has clothes, car seats etc all branded with the SF!

I have wanted to get her one of the ride in electric cars but the prices are INSANE! But then I found one, second hand and a bit beat up but a project emerged...

For a mere £15.00 (RRP £200!!) I acquired an electric F12 Berlinetta.

This thing was scratched, chipped, and for such a new release, has had the hell beaten out of it. The mirrors have been broken off BUT it works like a charm!

It has an engine start up sound, horn on the steering wheel, working headlights and indicators/signals, it plays music which is build in (and crap) but also has a 3.5mm jack for an mp3 player but the best part: It has a remote control to my delight, so as Alice's tiny legs cannot reach the pedals she can still enjoy it with me controlling it (YAY for my obsession with RC cars!)

So let's break up this text with some pictures!

Alice has a sit in her new beaten up F12

Prep for paint 1

Prep for paint 2

Painting done

Now, I couldn't leave it there could I? What it was CLEARLY crying out for was to be turned into the 2015 styled Ferrari F15-T.

This brings me back to my old days of making stuff in Photoshop. After some time getting the logos ready and getting them printed, I present...

Now I am far from finished. I have so far repainted it, added the missing Ferrari badge from the bonnet/hood and lost the badge from the rear which I'm sure will turn up. Still on the list is the mirrors (found replacements and waiting for them to arrive), adding some nice reflective sticky backed stuff to the windshield and having a custom made padded seat cover made for the seat (luckily my sister in law is a keen maker of all things material based).

So this is where I am at for now. More to come as the project continues.

I hope you enjoyed my little story and project.

Take care,
Iain.
Re: Real life modding project!
Date: April 25, 2015 11:53PM
Posted by: stopper-12
WOW, THIS IS SO COOL. LUCKY GIRL !!!
Date: April 26, 2015 12:03AM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Really nice car (and very lucky girl), thumbs up.
What number will your daughter choose for her career ?

Date: April 26, 2015 08:05AM
Posted by: madotter
EricMoinet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Really nice car (and very lucky girl), thumbs up.
>
> What number will your daughter choose for her
> career ?

I would think it would be 9, we're both born in September which is the ninth month and my wife's birthday is the ninth of January.
Date: April 26, 2015 11:10AM
Posted by: gav
That' is so awesome. :D

Getting her prepped for a racing career nice and early. I like it. (H)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2015 11:10AM by gav.
Date: May 03, 2015 12:15PM
Posted by: Vader
Well done. You seem to be a wonderful daddy.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 07, 2015 05:20PM
Posted by: ZaZ
Vader Schreef:
> Well done. You seem to be a wonderful daddy.

I thought you always said he was an odd matter?

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: October 15, 2015 10:31PM
Posted by: Vader
ZaZ Wrote:
> Vader Schreef:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Well done. You seem to be a wonderful daddy.
>
> I thought you always said he was an odd matter?

Once you're a Dad, it all changes.

Am I being slow to respond? That's because time doesn't matter for the Lord of the Netherworlds. Eff you, mortals!

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: October 16, 2015 11:48AM
Posted by: mortal
Parenting done right.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy