Blatant advertizing

Posted by Vader 
Blatant advertizing
Date: February 10, 2014 10:24PM
Posted by: Vader
If someone here can read German and is interested in food, have a look at my blog.

[wesfood.blogspot.de]

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Re: Blatant advertizing
Date: February 10, 2014 11:02PM
Posted by: n00binio
Looks (and probably tastes :) ) great. I thought the entry on glutamate was particularly interesting. My brother (he is a chef) also told me that it is in no way dangerous and already part of lots of foods. According to him the only downside can be a desensitization of the gustatory nerves when using huge amounts of glutamate.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: February 10, 2014 11:40PM
The Japanese aim for that glutamate flavor a lot - it's called unami. Mushrooms contain lots of natural MSG and frying them will help to develop the desired unami taste. Nothing wrong with that - even tomatoes contain natural MSG.

Processed food is full of MSG anyways, so people complaining about MSG in Chinese food and still use stock cubes at home should just STFU.

I still don't use additional MSG in my dishes, I want the products and produces shine on their own. If you got quality stuff then there's no need to gild the lilly. The only flavor enhancer I use is sugar. A pinch of it elevates and otbalances flavors.

I'd be interested to hear what your brother thinks of my blog from a Chef's point of view.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: February 11, 2014 11:11PM
Posted by: n00binio
Vader schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I still don't use additional MSG in my dishes, I
> want the products and produces shine on their own.
> If you got quality stuff then there's no need to
> gild the lilly. The only flavor enhancer I use is
> sugar. A pinch of it elevates and otbalances
> flavors.

That's indeed the best thing to do (Y)

> I'd be interested to hear what your brother thinks
> of my blog from a Chef's point of view.

I'll point him to your blog and report back asap :-)
I'm pretty sure he'll like your approach to cooking

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: February 17, 2014 05:00PM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
This is an amazing blog, well done. I can't read German but I get the gist of it through google translate. The pictures transcend language barriers, anyway!

A lot of effort has clearly gone into it, good luck with it into the future
Date: February 19, 2014 12:57AM
Posted by: EC83
Mika makes a great point - online translators will give you the gist of what's written down and a bit of logical thinking(and the photos - which are brilliant) will do the rest.

Excellent blog, fabulously put together. I've recently started going to cooking classes, so will be bookmarking this :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2014 12:58AM by EC83.
Date: February 20, 2014 09:24PM
Thanky ou. If someone needs more precise translations than google can provide feel free to ask.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 23, 2014 01:01PM
Posted by: mortal
I just like the food, looking forward to a free nosh-up at your place late September early October. There'll be no dummy this trip either. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy