Rush

Posted by Ferrari2007 
Rush
Date: September 14, 2013 01:14PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
So, Rush is now out officially in the UK.

I went and watched it last night with some friends (non-F1 fans) and I have to say that I thought it was great.

Maybe some of the dialogue was a little cheesy in places, but from the trailers I think you'd probably expect that.

Still, other than that I couldn't really find fault with it.

I think the two main actors, Hemworth and Bruhl pulled off really convincing performances as Hunt and Lauda. Bruhl in particular was exceptional.

The cars, the noise and the general atmosphere of the film was for me probably the high point though. That's the nearest I'll be able to get to the F1 in the 70s.

Anyway, who else has seen it and what did you think?

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Re: Rush
Date: September 14, 2013 06:03PM
Posted by: Vader

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: September 22, 2013 04:22PM
Posted by: Muks_C
saw it last saturday and thought it was great too.

it managed to have heart and passion, in a way that is usually messed up when americans do racing movies (Driven, for example, which just became cheesey, thank god it wasnt about F1 in the end, as it was originally intended to be).

Bruhl will surely be up for some awards, his voice and acting as Lauda was excellent. Hemsworth doesn't look like Hunt so just basically had to play a generic posh-voiced English bloke.

i felt during some of the close wheel to wheel racing the cars didn't look fast enough, even though the engine sounds made you think they there were going faster. i suppose there are logistical issues with trying to drive as fast as F1 cars while still being safe enough to film closely.

still an excellent movie, i'll be buying it when it comes out on Blu Ray, and i've encouraged everyone i know to watch it.

if you're in the UK, the true story of Hunt Vs Lauda is on tonight BBC2 7pm, called Racing Rivals. it was on previously in the year and is very good. Simon Taylor who plays the part of the English commentator in Rush, is also in this documentary. UK viewers will know him as a an F1 pundit in the early and mid 90s.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: September 26, 2013 03:26PM
Posted by: EC83
I went to see this a few days ago, and it impressed me a lot. It was probably as close as a movie could get to retelling a story like this one with complete accuracy. It was very powerful and moving towards the end.

As said already, Daniel Bruhl was brilliant as Niki. The similarity was actually spooky at times. Chris Hemsworth was good as Hunt too, and his battering of the reporter at Monza for trying to humiliate Niki was a lovely touch.

A brilliant, brilliant movie, and one which retells one of F1's most emotive stories awesomely.

Date: September 26, 2013 03:33PM
Posted by: EC83
Muks_C Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Simon Taylor who plays the part of the
> English commentator in Rush, is also in this
> documentary. UK viewers will know him as a an F1
> pundit in the early and mid 90s.

Yep. It's also worth noting he was involved in F1 journalism from the late 60s onwards and played a major part in the crusade to make the sport safer which began at that time. So he's a direct link to the Lauda/Hunt era himself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2013 03:46PM by EC83.
Date: December 21, 2013 01:36PM
Posted by: Soutsen
Just my opinion, but this movie is

Date: January 11, 2014 02:41PM
Posted by: Muks_C
why do you think the movie was an epic fail?

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: January 17, 2014 11:56PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
Epic fail!? WHAT!?

I just saw it (Im late, I know) and I loved it! Fantasticly well made, alot of the scenes.. you can't tell
if it's CGI or real! The acting was superb and as a swede.. I loved to hear when the commentators mentioned
Ronnie Petersons win at Monza..

Fantastic movie to me! Really enjoyed it!

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy