Stirling Moss talks crap..discuss

Posted by KGrant 
Re: Stirling Moss talks crap..discuss
Date: April 30, 2013 09:45PM
Posted by: senninho
On a sort-of related note, Pippa Mann has secured a drive with Dale Coyne Racing for the Indy 500. She has been involved with Glass Hammer Racing, which is a US-based organisation dedicated to helping younger women into motorsport.

At the risk of sounding catty, this sort of thing is probably more helpful than posing for GoDaddy adverts...

Re: Stirling Moss talks crap..discuss
Date: May 02, 2013 01:49AM
Posted by: EC83
KGrant Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> After hearing Striling Moss's comments it shows to
> me he is out of touch

I disagree. He's actually one of the more switched-on former drivers out there, despite being much older. And I've never once known him talk crap. In fact he's usually pretty interesting to listen to.

I've wanted to see a woman in F1 for a while - I doubt she'd do particularly well, for the reasons already mentioned, but it would be something different and she'd be great for checking out too. ;)
That's why I wanted Danica Patrick to join F1 a few years back - she wouldn't have been a great driver, but she'd have brought a new dynamic of some kind into the sport and she'd have been tasty to look at as well. (Actually part of me still wishes it could happen now, for the same reasons.)

It'll always be a male-dominated sport, but I guess the possibility is there that a woman might turn up at some point who doesn't just make it into F1 but becomes one of the top drivers. It would be very unlikely, but not completely impossible IMO.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy