GPGSL S7 [SEASON COMPLETED!!!] Rule Changes Announced For S8.

Posted by GPGSL 
owh boloocks. You have to comment in between 10days or w/e the rule is. Wether theres a race in those 10 days or not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Ohh this one is going to get a bit messy! I must say however, that I don't think it matters that there wasn't a race.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

I don't understand why posting at least one single comment every 10 days is such a big issue for some. You don't have to write an essay...

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
kedy89 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't understand why posting at least one single
> comment every 10 days is such a big issue for
> some. You don't have to write an essay...

Exactly. If you're reading the thread, it could take roughly a minute more to post a comment - whether the subject matter is the aftermath of a race, the time between the next one (i.e. hopes and fears for the next race) or merely just getting involved (I recall Owen posting a moment of him eating sushi in the lead up to the Japanese Grand Prix).

Also, whether a race has taken place or not is not an issue - as someone has recently pointed out (quality analogy, I have to admit) that if the real F1 teams were inactive in between races, how the hell would they be able to race when everything is still at the previous track?

Is it really that hard to post once every day days, at least?

somogyi23 Wrote:
> I disagree with my penalty..... ok I understand...
> but.... I dont write comment, because there was NO
> RACE since my last comment..... but I visited the
> page every day....
> And the rules dont say a time period you should
> comment something...
> 3, I write a comment in february 01, 01:04.....
> why exactly the activity check started 9 pm....

Don't be like a certain Aussie playboy was in moaning about the deadline time - I really can't be bothered hammering in this point enough.

The gap between one deadline and the next is always exactly ten days - and that is in the rules. Back at the start of Season 6, I posted, after every deadline had passed, that the deadline time would be 9 PM.

This is to ensure that the activity check could be completed immediately after the deadline had passed. This prevents the possibility of a performance file that is not reflective of the previous activity check period being posted (note that if the file is posted before an activity deadline, there is not a problem).

For instance, if the deadline was at the change between days, and I wasn't able to get to do the activity check until 6PM, there is ample time (if a race has not commenced already) for the performance file to be posted, which would not reflect the activity statuses of all drivers involved.

The 9 PM deadline has not changed when moving into Season 7 - and I have continually reminded people of these deadlines.

When I bold something (whether as GPGSL or on my own account), it is bolded for an activity related reason (seeing as how I never seem to bold anything when talking about my own race and such ;)) .

I would like to kindly remind you all to pay attention to the bolded comments I leave on my posts.

Thank you. :)

@#$%&, that's the first time I've missed a deadline. I must apologise for not posting in the past ten days. I know it's not an excuse, but I guess not having an event, and with the previous one only being an FP for the testers, it's harder to have something to contribute to the thread, I don't want to waffle for no reason. Anyway, I totally accept my penalty, it's in the rules, black and white.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
oensan Owen Edwards
Gutted to go from 7th all afternoon down to 11th in the dying moments. At least both TNRs were in the points at the end.
7 hours ago

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
I'm sorry but that is crap guys

I've been active on the forum but because I've not spammed the thread with anything I get a penalty

In the case when no event is posted I think it is only fair to waiver the activity rule because otherwise you get a mess like this

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> I'm sorry but that is crap guys
>
> I've been active on the forum but because I've not
> spammed the thread with anything I get a penalty
>
> In the case when no event is posted I think it is
> only fair to waiver the activity rule because
> otherwise you get a mess like this

Dan, Dean made his point and it's in the rules. Look at me for example: I noticed that the race was being delayed but instead of being active in other threads I posted a simple "looking forward to the next race" message. By doing that I followed the rules and avoided spamming the forum, because I posted stuff about the league and not just anything.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
As much as I don't like to disagree with my boss, but I have to agree with Dean and Carlos. It is unfortunate when there is no race in the 10 days...although this can naturally happen as 10 days is not that long a time actually. But there is enough roleplay material to fill the thread with a useful post even if there is no event going on. Look also at my interview, for example. The rules say 10 days...that's it. I don't see why there is always the same discussion again and again.

On a perf-tester note I'm pissed however by all these penalties ;-) That means a lot of juggling around with drivers in the perf file again. So all the persons who are on their first warning now: DON'T YOU DARE TO GET A SECOND WARNING AND MAKE STU AND ME EVEN MORE WORK! ;)

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
For @#$%& sake, who hard is it to type some words every ten days.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2012 08:57AM by Macca25.
Ok, no excuse for me, and given my recent performance maybe is a good thing if I race as testdriver for some races.

Is there an alternative link to the season 7 trackpack? It's just that the link in OP is dead.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

7? That I did not expect. Well, except for Christian who's just buggered off...

But it's in the rules, so you can't complain too much.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
I totally support Dean on this one. It's irrelevant that there wasn't a race in between activity checks. It doesn't seem to be a problem to post something on Facebook every 10 days, so why is it a problem to post here? Let's face it, this series is fictional, so make something up! Use your imagination!

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
ScalaGP Announcement

"Given the recent news Gianluigi Silvestre and Juliano Muller will swap seats for (at least) French GP."

My GPGSL Career
There is a delay regarding editing the video of the qualifying. I had to download the newest beta driver for my nVidia video card to solve the problem with the black preview screen in WLMM. My apologies.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
I don't find it hard to post in the thread at all, but i find it hard to stomach a penalty when nothing has happened in the series since I last posted!!!!! To me, that is rough...... If there is action, I am posting.... i post after EVERY qual and race session!! Rough decision to penalise 20 pts for a first offence when NOTHING has been going on!!!!!!!
These penalties are the rules, but in this case, I think the rule needs re-addressing....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Totally agree with Glen in this case

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Turbo Lover Wrote:
> There is a delay regarding editing the video of
> the qualifying. I had to download the newest beta
> driver for my nVidia video card to solve the
> problem with the black preview screen in WLMM. My
> apologies.

If you need a hand edited the video I could do it for you. If you could find a way to send me the video that is

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

The rules state '10 DAYS' wether or not there was a session in that timeframe is not of any importance at all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy