Animated Flag Packs 2006/1995/1994/1993/1991/1988/1982 [Updated]

Posted by ramf1v 
Hmm, I don't think it will look too good without animated blades. I'll try it with a higher quality model tomorrow.

F1Dev
Just a small video from another test, i think the only option is to use a disk with the "visor" texture applied for the rotors, that's the closest you get to transparency when using the car model as a base.
If you could combine the 2d texture rotor animations and the 3d model attached to a car it would look perfect.....damn this game engine ;-)

F1Dev

ramf1v
You mean real time ? as you probably know you can do that with tweaker, but the camera movement is very slow even when using the shift speed key

Actually, I wasn't aware that it could be done with the tweaker. Interesting.

Nice effort so far.
Final

It does show smooth motion in game. It's not perfect but I think this is all I can get out of the original engine design.
Extensive in-game testing was done and I found that 34° appeared to be the fastest spinning that I was able to achieve (36° also works).
I filled a whole spreadsheet with the variations. Using in-game combinations of 10 frames and 6 frames and one blade to six blades, overlapped and turned on the Z. Two blades overlapped and turned 90° on the Z is finally what I decided to use. I may switch the texture for the one with 10% motion blur, the texture just didn't look as clean in-game. The initial calculations were based on 45 and 60 frames per second.

When I was in the middle of resizing the textures, I decided to reanimate the helicopter blades. The flag texture is now 1024 X 2048

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2013 01:24AM by auscain.
Updated first post, all links fixed ;-)

All source files included and links to relevant tutorials.

F1Dev

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2015 03:03PM by ramf1v.
thank you :)
no probs dude, a few people have asked but I've been neglecting the links, I haven't done anything GP4 related for a while either, Assetto Corsa, Mclaren MP3-14 by Virtua Simulazioni, and my new DFGT wheel are taking up most of my limited down time ;-)

F1Dev
Can someone re-upload the content (for my mate Ariel)? :)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Thanks Ruben!!!!

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy