In-car views

Posted by GTFREAK 
In-car views
Date: March 09, 2003 04:06PM
Posted by: GTFREAK
Ok I was just wondering how you look to the rear of your vehicle to see who is behind you without hitting insert or page-up or page-down, or whatever the hell it is. Can you assign a rear view shot to a controller button?? If so, how is this possible in the game?
Re: In-car views
Date: March 09, 2003 04:16PM
Posted by: Lo2k
well, I just use mirrors :p

Date: March 09, 2003 04:21PM
Well I see your point, but I dont like mirrors, and it seems to bite my framerates. Anyone know the answer? I hope it is possible.
Date: March 09, 2003 04:29PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
Think its not possible. The onliest way for that is pressing the del or pagedown key on your keyboard.

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: March 09, 2003 04:35PM
Posted by: genesis
No a mod was made which displays the rear in two squares at the top of the screen, with less po hit. It was made for F1 2002 but was converted to gp4 as far as I know. Thats all I know, sorry :(

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: March 09, 2003 04:38PM
I wonder if there is a file somewhere which stores key assignments...... If there is, I wonder if it can be edited

well, it seems this is going to be a project here. and BTW, what is PO?? I've been seing it and I am new to the terms of GP4.

Post Edited (03-09-03 23:40)
Date: March 09, 2003 04:40PM
Posted by: Ellis
Gpxpatch can edit key assignments

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 09, 2003 04:46PM
sweet, just the answer I was lookin for. How exactly does it do this. I have that program, but am new to it.

Uh nevermind, I found it

Post Edited (03-09-03 23:47)
Date: March 09, 2003 04:49PM
PO= Processor Occupancy. It is displayed as a percentage in-game in GP4 (by holding 'o';) and shows how much load is being placed on your processor. The faster your processor - the lower the percentage - the faster your GP4 wil run :)

Date: March 09, 2003 04:55PM
Well that worked ok, but I need to figure some way to assign a button for a view..........hmmmm this wont be easy.

Thanks for the explanation Genesis.

Post Edited (03-09-03 23:56)
Date: March 09, 2003 05:03PM
Posted by: Ellis
PO= Processor Occupancy. It is displayed as a percentage in-game in GP4 (by holding 'o';) and shows how much load is being placed on your processor. The faster your processor - the lower the percentage - the faster your GP4 wil run

Remember to take 20-50-ish off cos the yellow GP4 pop-ups add on to the PO

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 09, 2003 05:29PM
there has to be a way!!!! Anyone know code?

Date: March 09, 2003 08:17PM
Posted by: variante_ascari
hmmm...interesting idea about camera editing
how bout a left and right view on for the T-cam, coz this view is only for the cockpit view... it'll be nice to have this kind of view in the T-cam, just like the one in F12002

Date: March 09, 2003 09:37PM
great idea IMO. I still want to have controller assignments. I use a wheel and its kinda hard to see who is behind you when you have to take your hand off the wheel to press a key, let alone find the key 1st. In F1 you can assign buttons, which GP4 is lacking bigtime. Hope someone has an answer for me soon.

Date: March 10, 2003 01:10AM
Posted by: Max Downforce
If you tweak your graphics.cfg you can let the mirrors show only the cars instead of the whole track and cars behind you. That should not cause much PO loss.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appartement en minicamping te huur in de Ardennen
www.Ardennengevoel.com
Date: March 10, 2003 01:40AM
Posted by: brettly
yeah...i did that, with the cars only showing in the mirrors...my computer still suffered
Date: March 10, 2003 06:20AM
"PO= Processor Occupancy. It is displayed as a percentage in-game in GP4 (by holding 'o';) and shows how much load is being placed on your processor. The faster your processor - the lower the percentage - the faster your GP4 wil run

Remember to take 20-50-ish off cos the yellow GP4 pop-ups add on to the PO"

Yeah thats true actually. Altho (thankfully) you can now turn off sky messages in the .cfg files - I used to get a massive PO hit with em on!

Date: March 10, 2003 06:25PM
Well it looks like this cannot be done, according to what I am reading here. I wonder if anyone is up for a challenge?? Anyone wanna make a program that does just what I requested?? Any takers?? Seeing as how it is probably very hard to do, I dont expect much of a response.

Date: March 10, 2003 08:09PM
Ok here is an update, I no longer need htis program, because this program already is installed on my PC and I didnt even know it!!! Hows that for a laugh!! What a way to end a post, huh?? Incase you were wondering, it's called Wingman software from Logitech. You can assign key commands to buttons.......DOH!! Thanx for any help you guys gave me.

Date: March 10, 2003 09:37PM
Posted by: brettly
I use a Microsoft Sidewinder gamepad.....any help for me there, in getting the above to work?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy