F1 Manager - 2005 Season - End of the Season!

Posted by Twigster151 
Ferrari Quickest on 2005 Debut

F1 returnee Felipe Massa managed to put his Ferrari to the top of the timesheets in the Pre-Season test at the Jerez circuit just a few hours after Sebastian Vettel did at Barcelona. The young Brazilian was followed up by his fellow countryman Rubens Barrichello in his Renault in 2nd place and Michael Schumacher on his Williams debut in 3rd. However even with good conditions and a relatively empty track the teams failed to receive much useful data.

Jerez Test Session Official Results
1. Felipe Massa - Ferrari - 1:24.049
2. Rubens Barrichello - Renault - +0.304
3. Michael Schumacher - Williams - +0.507
4. David Coulthard - Renault - +1.008
5. Mark Webber - Red Bull - +1.406
6. Fernando Alonso - Ferrari - +1.597
7. Jacques Villenueve - Williams - +1.621
8. Robert Kubica - Red Bull - +1.682

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Vettel Quickest Again in England

Sebastian Vettel once again managed to top the timesheets in what seems to be a vastly improved McLaren car comapred to last season with the McLaren pair finishing the session in 1st and 2nd place. The rest of the field then finished in pairs with Red Bull occupying 3rd and 4th, Sauber 5th and 6th and Arrows 7th and 8th. However due to the changing weather
conditions the teams found it difficult to acquire useful data.

Silverstone Test Session Official Results
1. Sebastian Vettel - McLaren - 1:23.110
2. Juan P Montoya - McLaren - +0.270
3. Mark Webber - Red Bull - +0.982
4. Robert Kubica - Red Bull - +1.111
5. Jenson Button - Sauber - +1.480
6. Nick Heidfeld - Sauber - +1.844
7. Timo Glock - Arrows - +2.456
8. Ricardo Zonta - Arrows - +2.894

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Alonso Quickest in Final Pre-Season Test

Ferrari once again displayed their potential for the upcoming season with Fernando Alonso going quickest at the Imola circuit in San Marino. Cristiano Da Matta managed to take 2nd place in the Toyota whilst Kimi Raikkonen sprung up to take 3rd. Thanks to the superb conditions the teams were able to collect lots of useful data in order to improve their cars.

Imola Test Session Official Results
1. Fernando Alonso - Ferrari - 1:24.733
2. Cristiano Da Matta - Toyota - +1.135
3. Kimi Raikkonen - Jordan - +1.791
4. Andre Lotterer - Jordan - +1.951
5. Michael Schumacher - Williams - +2.012
6. Felipe Massa - Ferrari - +2.371
7. Ralf Schumacher - Toyota - +2.637
8. Jacques Villenueve - Williams - +2.667
9. Takuma Sato - BAR - + 2.774
10. Giancarlo Fisichella - BAr - +2.829
11. Christian Klien - Minardi - +3.073
12. Timo Glock - Arrows - +3.454
13. Anthony Davidson - Minardi - +3.504
14. Ricardo Zonta - Arrows - +3.789

Mclaren Statement

Well that looks promising. 1-2 in both sessions.

BAR
Could have been better!
Toyota

Bit of a gap to the front runners..Looking ok for us though:)
Jordan Statement

Although the gap to the first placed is pretty big, we're very happy with the testing results. I think we can often fight for points this season.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Arrows Statement

That dont look to good
Ferrari

Even though topping both sessions, we are not excessively happy yet, since we haven't been able to compete/compare to all teams. It still looks promising since we are beating Williams like we couldn't last year!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Hey guys, just wanted to post the non-F1 drivers, who will be available for contract negotiations for 2006. Note, that I will post the available drivers in the F1-Negotiation rythm in this thread. Meaning the only change is, that you´ll have to send contract offers for non-F1 drivers to me, while F1-Driver offers will still be sent to Twigster.

2005 GP2-Series Drivers available for 2006:

Can Artam – 25
Nelson Piquet – 21
Ernesto Viso – 21
Hiroki Yoshimoto – 26
Giorgio Pantano – 27
Adam Carroll – 24
Alexandre Prémat – 24
Olivier Pla – 25
Ryan Sharp – 27
Giorgio Mondini – 26
José María López – 23
Mathias Lauda – 25
Toni Vilander – 26
Ferdinando Monfardini – 22
Sergio Hernández – 23
Heikki Kovalainen – 25
Nicolas Lapierre – 22
Enrique Bernoldi – 28
Félix Porteiro – 23
Miloš Pavlović – 24
Richard Lyons – 27
Benoît Tréluyer – 30
Kamui Kobayashi – 20

New Drivers in 2006:

Michael Ammermüller - 20
Yann Clairay - 23
Carlo van Dam - 20
Filipe Albuquerque - 21
Renger van der Zande - 20
Junior Strous - 20
Récardo Bruins Choi - 21
Álvaro Parente - 22
Charlie Kimball - 21
Mike Conway - 23
Marko Asmer - 22
Dan Clarke - 23
Alberto Velerio - 21
Lewis Hamilton - 21
Adrian Sutil - 23
Lucas die Grassi - 22
Franck Perera - 22
Andy Soucek - 21
Javier Villa - 19
Vitaly Petrov - 22
Peter Elkmann - 25
Aaron Caratti - 26
Adrián Vallés - 20
Markus Winkelhock - 26
Tristan Gommendy - 27
Andreas Zuber - 23
Jan Heylen - 26
Luca Filippi - 21
Jarek Janis - 23
Giacomo Ricci - 21
Juan Cáceres - 22
Sébastian boudais - 27
Justin Wilson - 28
A. J. Allmendinger - 25

Drivers, who are only allowed to drive in Formula 1:

Yuji Ide - 31
Haha let the fit to sign Hamilton commence!

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

CaptinFranko Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Haha let the fit to sign Hamilton commence!

Will he be ready for F1 yet though? lol When i ran the competition, i tried to make the younger unexperienced drivers slightly worse, and build them up slowly as the season progressed. Plan was after a season or 2 they'd come good. They'd get more experience been test drivers as they wouldn't have as much pressure on them :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2011 07:47PM by Chris2k6.
Testing didn't look too bad. I've got some spare money so tests midseason could be a huge help.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
RED BULL

Testing was horrible for us. Both our sessions were useless while both other sessions were useful. I think we could be playing catch up through the first part of the season.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Okay so I've sorted out the errors in the mod now and everything is now ready to go so expect round 1 soon but also firstly, courtesy of Alesi No1, we will have the correct numbers and driver names on the cars as well as redesigned helmets to match each drivers team so a big thanks goes to him :)

Secondly after seeing the driver rankings in the old GPGSL S6 thread I am quite tempted to do the same with all the F1 drivers, just to give all of you managers a helping hand when going to sign drivers. It's possible I could do the add the GP2 drivers to the same list if Reve is willing to send over the GP2 driver perfs but I don't intend to reveal the actual perf values, nor the average of their two perf values, for each driver as at the moment I've ranked them by their average perf value, so if you are interested you will only see the driver and their ranking. However I'm not planning on, publicly at least, revealing how each team ranks against the other teams, although if you want to know I can send to you via pm where you are BHP and reliabilty wise to allow you to make wiser choices come the mid-season tests. So do any of you think that any of these ideas would be worth implementing? :)

Briscoe Fastest on Home Soil

The Formula One 2005 season is now officially underway after the teams completed the Free Practice session in Melbourne today with clear blue skies overhead. On track however it was homeboy Ryan Briscoe who set the fastest time in his McLaren who was just a few thousandths of a second ahead of Verstappen in the Ferrari, who in turn was just a few thousandths ahead of his testing team mate Felipe Massa. Further down the field Marc Gene became the first driver to suffer a mechanical failure after his engine gave up on him 9 minutes from the end of the session, Jordan had a superb session with Raikkonen and Bruni occupying 5th and 6th respectively, last year’s title challengers struggled thanks mainly due to the more compact field with Barrichello in 9th and Schumacher in 13th and Heikki Kovalainen ended his first official F1 session in last place.

Mclaren Statement

We were hoping to be quick here but we definitely weren't expecting that. A great job by Ryan and Nico, obviously the GP2 series is benefiting them.

Raikkonen on Pole for Season Opener

Kimi Raikkonen will start the opening race of the 2005 Formula One season from pole position after taking advantage of the changing weather conditions in Melbourne. The Finn set his fastest lap time very early on in the session and was still top of the time sheets when an incoming rain shower meant it was impossible for anyone to knock him of pole. Mark Webber also took advantage of the weather to put Red Bull second on the grid in their debut race whilst Andre Lotterer capped off a fantastic qualifying for Jordan in 3rd. Ferrari were next in line with Alonso and Massa who qualified 4th and 5th with Vettel just behind in sixth, whilst team mate Montoya could only manage 10th. Further down the field Davidson pulled out a superb lap to put his Minardi 14th whilst Heidfeld props up the field in 22nd.

Jordan Statement

What a fantastic qualifying result, I really didn't expect us to start from 1st & 3rd position.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
BAR
Terrible way to begin the season. We seem to have trouble right now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy