GPG Nations Cup S2: Finished! S3: Annoucements/Signup pg 52! (4 SPACES LEFT)

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
Very disappointing race for us, pity we had the tyre failure :(

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Official Race Results Zandvoort

Current Standings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2011 03:57PM by GPG_Nations_Cup.
Nothing to say.

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Silly question I know but I have forgotten who to send boost usage to.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

I'd suggest to mark the bonus points for pole, fastest lap and places gained in the points table.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Just for the protocol: Bulgaria should be higher than Japan, as we have finished higher in a race (3rd versus 5th best). Also our driver is Nikolov, not Borisov. And don't make Borisov angry, he can close internet, just like Chuck Norris :)
Sorry about the driver mix up i will fix this i just saw the first bulgarian name out of your press conference my mistake.

How do you mean you want seperate columns saying number of poles fastest laps etc?
I mean e.g. pole position in bold, fastest lap italic and places gained underlined, like it's done in this GPGSL standings table: [gpgsuperleague.wikia.com]

Some mods
Not a too bad weekend considering this is the best result in the (young) history of romania yet. Still, seeing where we started, it couldĀ“ve been better.

Btw, I agree with kedy89, bonus points should be marked.

----------

GPG Nations Cup: #39 Romania

Wanna become a manager of a Formula 1 team? Take your chance and start in the GP2-Series!
I don't think we should change the points system.

What happen if there are two, or more drivers, with the same places gained?

-----------------------------------------------------

I thought that was already in the rules, as Finland got one bonus point in round 1 for most places gained [www.grandprixgames.org] and I got one this round...

Some mods

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2011 10:55AM by kedy89.
kedy89 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought that was already in the rules, as
> Finland got one bonus point in round 1 for most
> places gained
> [www.grandprixgames.org]
> 9900#msg-989900 and I got one this round...

In the first post of the thread:

GPG_Nations_Cup Wrote:

> Points
>
> The points system has changed from season 1 with
> 10 places now scoring points to encourage
> spreading as well as a bonus point for qualifying
> pole and setting the fastest lap time in the
> race.
>
> 1 = 12
> 2 = 10
> 3 = 8
> 4 = 7
> 5 = 6
> 6 = 5
> 7 = 4
> 8 = 3
> 9 = 2
> 10 = 1

I don't know if the rules change since then...

X_Acto Schreef:
> I don't think we should change the points system.
>
>
> What happen if there are two, or more drivers,
> with the same places gained?

Then the driver which fiinished highest up the order gets the points.

Example:

Driver 1 finishes 11th after starting from 20th. That is 9 places.
Driver 2 finishes 3rd after starting from 12th. Also 9 places,

Driver 2 will get the points as he finished 3rd in the race.

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Ok, seems that there's a mistake in the standings table then, for example Germany should only have 11 points then, Finland only 6. Also, if you sum up all points, you get a total of 241 points, but it only should be 240 (60 per race, 58 for positions, 2 bonus points).

I took a look at the race coverages again, and if I got all the fastest laps correct, this should be the standings:

Some mods
MDBSnake Wrote:
> X_Acto Schreef:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I don't think we should change the points
> system.
> >
> >
> > What happen if there are two, or more drivers,
> > with the same places gained?
>
> Then the driver which fiinished highest up the
> order gets the points.
>
> Example:
>
> Driver 1 finishes 11th after starting from 20th.
> That is 9 places.
> Driver 2 finishes 3rd after starting from 12th.
> Also 9 places,
>
> Driver 2 will get the points as he finished 3rd in
> the race.

I think there are already enough points to give. That make things more confusing...
And i don't think we should reward bad qualifying results.

@kedy is the probelm that i been giving a places gained point. I think in my head i must have been giving them out but i dont know why considering i never stated it in the rules. Is it just round 1 and 4 because if that is the case then those two tallies are by me and for whatever reason i decided to start throwing points out? ;)

I am glad someone noticed. If you confirm it to me i will fix it since i have all the results on my computer :)

I came on to post the deadline for the next round since everyone should be past all their christmas activities now but i will hang on a couple of hours to fix the standings so we can move on cleanly. Apoligies for the errors i will make a greater effort to tidy up my act :)
Yep, it's just round 1 and 4, in round 1 Finland got a point for most places gained, in round 4 Germany, and Sweden is missing one bonus point from round 4. Everything else should be correct :)

Some mods

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2011 10:41PM by kedy89.
Ahh the one time im half the world away from my pc and we have a discussion point ;). Anyway sorry about that guys, I've not been adding in points gained as I didn't think we had it, hence the mix up with the standings, glad all is sorted now, and. I will add the little indicators for fastest lap and pole when I get back :)

Oh and as I've done the tables for GPGSL this season, I might be able to graphically improve the tables, but I'll worry about that more once you've seen them all on the GPGSL thread :)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Round 5 - Hockenheim deadline

The performance deadline for Round 5 at Hoceknheim in Germany is 18:00 GMT on the 2nd January. Everyone is to send their performance request to the GPG-Nations-Cup account Please set the subject title of your message as "Round 5 - Hockenheim - (Country Name)". In your message please state explicitly how much you allocate for Qualifying and how much you allocate for the Race (e.g. Qualifying: 500, Race: 500). If you submit one number, qualifying and race performance will be exactly half of that value.

Sidenote: Tables have been updated for Zandvoort. Fixed driver name for Bulgaria and points. Replaced plces gained with pole time on results, Added columns for pole and fastest lap tallies but all will be tidied up in new tables

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2011 04:04PM by GPG_Nations_Cup.
Will the old or the new layout be used?

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy