No cd patch 1.02 asks for CD?!?

Posted by thexister 
No cd patch 1.02 asks for CD?!?
Date: March 03, 2003 12:42AM
Posted by: thexister
Hi...

I bought the grandprix 4 game recently and got it running fine on my AMD athlon 1700+, 128 Megs, nvidia GE force 2 32 MB, Win XP perfectly fine. But then i decided to upgrade to the version 1.02 and so downloaded the 9.6 patch from the official site. It worked fine even after this but once i downloaded the decrypted no cd patch for 9.6 and replaced the GP4.exe with it .... instead of working without the CD it asks me for the CD. This is surprising bcos earlier wen i was using the no cd patch for version 1.00 it was working fine.

I installed the game on my e drive at e:\infogrames\grand prix 4 folder and extracted the 9.6 patch to the e:\infogrames folder according to the experience of ppl in this forum. Then i ran the setup from the folder created my the patch on the infogrames folder. Then i took a bak up of the GP4.exe file from the grand prix 4 folder and then replaced it with the no cd patch for version 1.02. But then y does it ask me for the CD?!

Please help me with this
Re: No cd patch 1.02 asks for CD?!?
Date: March 03, 2003 03:08AM
Posted by: LarryM
Sounds complicated. Are you using the same work top icon to start the game as before patching? If yes, dump it and create a new one. I think it should work then. I found that my old icon just didn't work (no message or anything). I
f this doesn't work, uninstall the game, reinstall, start it up once. Close and patch, then replace the exe.
Good luck :)

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: March 03, 2003 09:29AM
Posted by: tux
the original icon goes to autorun.exe

Date: March 03, 2003 10:32AM
I realised that and even tried that. I tried running the GP3.exe file directly from the folder e:\infogrames\grand prix 4. Even that doesnt work. The message that pops up is" Please insert CD in any drive" RETRY/CANCEL

I have uninstalled the whole game now and have deleted all traces of its values from the registry.

The process of installing is as follows.. so please let me know if i am doing something wrong:

Install grandprix 4 in the e:\infogrames\grand prix 4 directory. Then run the game once from the desktop icon. Then exit Gp4 and then run the zipped patch file for 9.6 i.e. 1.02 and extract it into the e:\infogrames folder. This will create a folder named GP4_patch v9.6. Will run setup.exe within this folder. Then copy the decrypted no cd patch for 9.6 on to the original directory i.e. e:\infogrames\grand prix 4

I hope this works and is right
Date: March 03, 2003 02:05PM
Posted by: Morbid
That should work. I cannot understand why it wouldn't? Did you get the decrypted exe from this site? Otherwise, I can only think of one thing, namely that mentioned "GP3.exe". But I guess thats a typo.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: March 03, 2003 03:26PM
Posted by: Alex13
Maybe you caould just delete your GP4 registry and then instal the game

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: March 03, 2003 03:30PM
Posted by: Vader
No, just dowload the decrypted no-ce exe from this site and try it again. Be sure to put it into the right directory.

Post Edited (03-03-03 22:30)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 03, 2003 04:00PM
lol, how can someone not put that into the right folder? :P

Date: March 03, 2003 11:43PM
Hi....

Finally solved the problem. I downloaded the patch from this site as per instructions.... and this time i copied the readme.1st file too into the grand prix 4 folder. And it worked. I downloaded 2 patches earlier ... one from simracingworld and another one from bhmotorsport.com. Both of them did not work.

I have a feeling its the readme.1st file that needs to be included too. Or maybe only this site has real stuff that works.

And yea. "Gp3.exe" was a typo. 4 years of GP3 does that i guess. I stand corrected : "GP4.exe"

Thank You everybody : )

Need help and i am always here

btw... anyone running SETI@home?
Date: March 04, 2003 04:07AM
Posted by: Morbid
Great to hear that your problem is solved. Happy racing. And yes, this site has the best stuff.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: March 04, 2003 12:53PM
Posted by: Vader
lol, how can someone not put that into the right folder? :P

Yeah, you'd need to be a real dUmAsS to do that.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 04, 2003 01:31PM
Date: March 09, 2003 03:28AM
Posted by: RickT
There is a no-cd patch around that doesn't seem to work, I found it on a few sites in an archive named GP4_96_nocd.zip the one that works here is gp4exe102.zip

RickT
Date: March 09, 2003 09:20AM
the one thats here works coz its by me :D:P

Date: June 30, 2022 12:45AM
Posted by: landex
A very interesting issue that I found when I remove my physical CD/DVD drive: It asks for CD. I had to mount a virtual drive (don't need any ISO). Then it works. Did someone knew that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2022 12:58AM by landex.
Date: June 30, 2022 01:36AM
Posted by: Foreverk
I noticed that in this post 5 years ago Gp4 still not opening with No-CD patch I had the same problem but fixed it by installing a virtual drive also. Not sure why it happens but seems like the game searchs for a cd drive maybe
Date: June 30, 2022 01:57AM
Posted by: landex
I didnt knew Foreverk. Its good to know I wasnt the only one. :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy