FSONE 2009 MOD by RSCT Modding Group -Last update 30/10/2014 [Released]

Posted by Excalibur 
Does this mod contains low lods? I mean, the lod_1, lod_2, lod_3 and lod_4 files are lod_0 renamed or they have a lower size respect to the lod_0 file? I ask this because the mod seems very good but if the lods have the same size I can't play it since my computer is too old.

Ciao!
Yes, all the cars and all the specifics tracks versions have real lower lods...not lod_0 renamed
To give you an idea: The mod contains 550 lods:
- 55 specifics carshapes (different tracks versions)
- 82 textures set liveries
- More than 6 Go uncompressed only for the cars.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2014 01:57AM by Excalibur.
Ok, thanks for the reply, very very clear! ;-)

6GB of space just for cars OMG! What's the real size of the Mod? I just have 20 GB available on my HD.

Ciao!
Don't worry, the mod only weights 835Mo (I was just talking about the cars and textures, total weight out of the mod. The mod is like an archive compressed) ;-)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes, I was talking about the size of the mod when it's uncompressed.

However, I think that lowering the textures size will lower a lot the size of the mod, and if there are also lower lods I should not have any problem about the textures quality, right?

Ciao!
Does anyone knows, if the Honda RA1089 is made for any games?
That was the interim car, tested by Button, Bruno Senna, Wurz and DiGrassi that time...

[1.bp.blogspot.com]
Yes I believe Fongu/Raul included it in their full season RA108 package.

X (@ed24f1)
Damn, I remember when we first clocked images of that monster running at Barcelona and the F1 section of the site went into meltdown as we all cried about how bad the 09 cars would look.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
SchueyFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes I believe Fongu/Raul included it in their full
> season RA108 package.

Oh, yes, thank you!

I have got the files for years...

;)

Bad, that Honda never made the rear wing to the 2009 standards, it'd be a great addon as Team 11 for this beautiful mod...
Really amazing Mod.

Well done Guys.

Many Greetings and a lot of Respect.
excellent mod thank you:-)
10/10 (Y)
Hi All , just loaded this great mod with CSM, don't see the multiplayer in the games menu is this disabled?

Is there away to get this cause i'd really love to race on lan...
gp4wonder: ... don't see the multiplayer in the games menu is this disabled? Is there away to get this cause i'd really love to race on lan...

It is disabled intentionally by changes in the gpaedia gps files.
You can enable it by using alternative gps files. This can be done by:
1) Replace the gps files by the original ones
or
2) Replace the (rudimental) gpaedia of the mod by a complete GPAEDIA for FSONE 2009 MOD.

petrus' gpaedia files
Hi Petrus,

Thanks so much, That worked cccoooollll, I removed the 5 or so gps files, in location:- \GPSAVES\Carsets\Fsone 2009\Data\GPAEDIA and copied yours that did the trick

one more question sorry the two mercedes mclaren cars, top of the tyres are white, just the top, the sides are black and all the other cars are fine

awesome mod really gets you pumped

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2015 12:53AM by gp4wonder.
Ok I found my answer on the white tyre tread issue on mclaren car:-

[www.grandprixgames.org]

Go to Data\GPxPatch, open the gpxset.ini, search the part with [PerfManager], and add this line: PatchTextures=0 . That should do the trick.

#########

Multiplayer is a blast on this mod, fast paced action......
the ai wow it drew me in big time, I don't think I have had the same with other racing games like this.

fantastic job , it should be classed as a standalone game in itself with the fsone 2009 mod.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2015 03:00AM by gp4wonder.
Just wanted to say thanks to the RSCT Modding Group

In my opinion this is an AWESOME mod.

last night raced with a mate in multiplayer, it ran so smooth, we were drawn in,
If GP5 were to be, I would imagine that it would be on par with this mod.

I'm also curious there aren't videos on this on youtube, mostly it's rfactor.

It's time to make some videos and post

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2015 09:26AM by gp4wonder.
Glad you enjoy this mod.
It was the target :-)

check out my youtube channel here,
[www.youtube.com]

there's good instructions on getting all this to work and i'll be uploading more videos.
This game and mod deserves more recognition. As far as I'm concerned it's the best F1 game around.
Ok putting it here anyway, I have ironed what issues I came across and present it here to help others, it is also mentioned in the vids:-

Installation guide:

1. Install GP4 (full 770mb) [www.gp4central.com]

2. Install the official 9.6 patch [www.gp4central.com]

3. Install the decrypted 1.02 gp4.exe [www.gp4central.com]

4. Install latest GPxPatch from here:- [rsdi.home.xs4all.nl]

5. Run the game at least once and exit the game "saving the settings"!!! This is a must. Do not skip!!.
Graphic settings choose all high then hit test button, then adjust the fps slider to 20 to 25fps
note the higher the fps is the more the processor needs to work.

6. Install Zaz tools final 1.26 version. run it as Administrator [www.gp4central.com]
note disable your AV as it will remove zaz functionality as it thinks it's a virus but is just a false positive
meaning it is not a virus.

-create a backup folder in the game and copy the original cars.wad file into it, this is because when you run csm program
and it greys out you will not be able to load the mod/s, just copy the original cars.wad file back into the games directory overwriting
the one that is there and you will be able to load the mod again. just keep clicking ok until it loads.

7. download FSONE 2009 Mod by RSCT Modding Group from [www.grandprixgames.org]
The mods you downloaded are the .cuh files, just click on it and automatically the mod will install into csm.

8. Once you get the game running if the car textures look white be sure to put HI in textures in the game.
Thats in menu Options-graphics-advanced graphics.

there's couple of nibbling things, read the forum posts here to resolve them:-
[www.grandprixgames.org]

i.e on white tyres on mclaren cars and enabling multiplayer in the games menu.

To make the PC single core as the game will run stable:-

Method 1:-
Type msconfig.exe in start run or search programs and files

Then
-boot tab
-Advanced options button
-number of processors, select 1, click ok

and reboot PC

Method 2:-
From command prompt run as administrator:-

bcdedit /set onecpu on then reboot the pc

this will make it a single cpu machine

to go back to multicore type:-

bcdedit /set onecpu off and reboot again

if you run csm in multicore cpu mode and it crashes, and your not able to load the mod again, you will need to install everything from scratch,
so I would make a backup of the whole game directory just incase that happens.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2015 02:08AM by gp4wonder.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy