GP4 Central - Website to close

Posted by TomMK 
Re: GP4 Central - Hotlaps Season 5
Date: March 04, 2019 11:06PM
Posted by: TomMK
@shep34 - I notice you used #14 at the first test and #8 this time - but actually your "identity" in the competition is the combination of your name and number which must be the same at every event. It doesn't matter in testing but you'll need to keep the same number throughout the 8 main events.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: March 05, 2019 09:41AM
Posted by: shep34
TomMK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @shep34 - I notice you used #14 at the first test
> and #8 this time - but actually your "identity" in
> the competition is the combination of your name
> and number which must be the same at every event.
> It doesn't matter in testing but you'll need to
> keep the same number throughout the 8 main events.

Noted....... although, i think it would be a horrible shame for someone to be excluded if they forget to edit the number in the perfs!
And, speaking of editing the perfs, what mechanism is used to ensure the perfs havent been edited to give a driver an illegal boost?

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Date: March 05, 2019 10:30AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
shep34 Wrote:
> And, speaking of editing the perfs, what mechanism
> is used to ensure the perfs havent been edited to
> give a driver an illegal boost?

The checksum calculated by GPxLap should take care of that.

Checksums
Part of the extended data consists of checksums. Each checksum is calculated over data in certain memory ranges. A checksum is an easy way to check the integrity of this data. If any data changes you can be sure that the checksum changes too. GPxLap logs four checksums:
Init. Includes all physics data (editable with the physics editor).
Car. Includes the car shape (not used for GP4). A different car shape shouldn't give any advantage though, so this checksum should probably not be used.
Damage. Includes all damage settings data.
CC. Includes all data from performance files: car power per team, failure probabilities per team, driver skill values, and driver inconsistency values.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: March 05, 2019 10:40AM
My lap with car #8 can be removed from the leaderboard. I missed the instruction to change numbers in the perf. Got in now though, lets get the season underway :)

Date: March 05, 2019 11:51AM
Cheers Doug - perfect answer!

Thanks Shep - I will remove #8. Nice lap in #34.

Date: March 14, 2019 11:52PM
Hi everyone. The season starts today, I hope everyone is ready!

Unfortunately, GP4 Central is not!!! The site has had a lot of outages over the last 2 weeks which has prevented me getting ready for the season opener. As a result the start will be delayed a few hours but I expect to open it by this evening. I'll let you know.

I've also fired a shot across the bows of my web host and told them to sort out the instability so hopefully we won't be affected during the comp.

Edit: We're up and running now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2019 11:03PM by TomMK.
Date: March 20, 2019 01:08AM
Halfway stage at the Australian GP event. Jorge leads in the Toro Rosso - that laptime 1:21.145 is a fraction ahead of the real-life pole laptime (Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes) so that's a cracking effort! (Y).

Looks like it will be a close event, and there's still plenty of time to join in if you're considering it, just download the CSM Mod and Track and upload your hotlap file, it's as simple as that!

Date: March 22, 2019 07:53AM
Posted by: VilleV
Hi,

First, thank you for this event and mods and everything. It must take lots of work! It's been a while since my last GP gaming. 20 years ago in 1999 we played last time GP1. I bought GP2 too but there was no PC power enough to roll it in 90's!? So it's great to play again with you guys. It seems to become a tight competition!

Because I'm newbie, here's couple of questions..

-How to move reset point far enough in advance of the start line?
-Should I use "psysics and torque" feature of GPxSet?

You can remove my hotlap 7#villev from leaderboard. I was messing with performance file path. 42#VilleV can stay. These mods and paths are new thing to me, sorry. It took blood and tears and couple of swears to get game finally work:)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2019 08:07AM by VilleV.
Date: March 23, 2019 04:42AM
Hi VilleV, OK I'll remove the #7 lap, no problem.

You set your reset point by pressing Shift+Backspace. To set it in a new place, just press Shift+Backspace again. Try to set the point before you reach the gridlines (at least 100m before the start line).

Don't change any settings in GPxSet. The mod uses a custom performance file, physics and torque settings and these should not be changed (except your name and number in the perf file, of course).

I'd be interested to know how it could be made easier, if you have any suggestions or problems you encountered I'd welcome the feedback.

Date: March 23, 2019 10:07PM
Website host is unstable (again) this weekend, if it impacts you uploading a lap just post here and I will assist.

Date: March 24, 2019 10:18AM
TomMK Wrote:
> Website host is unstable (again) this weekend, if
> it impacts you uploading a lap just post here and
> I will assist.

Was about to spend time doing some laps, and submit. Whats the backup plan?

Date: March 24, 2019 11:33AM
You can still do your laps and upload later.

My host apparently suffered a DOS attack and our server is still being impacted. If it continues much longer I will extend the Melbourne event to Thursday 28-Mar to allow time for more hotlaps to be uploaded.

Date: March 24, 2019 10:38PM
We're back online, so hotlaps can be uploaded again now. If we have any further outages I will extend the event but for now we'll keep to the original schedule.

Date: March 25, 2019 09:46AM
Posted by: VilleV
Thanks for help.

Maybe it's easy to install mods and participate in game but as a beginner I find out it difficult in some areas.

One problem for me was that I couldnt make track file working. Because .wad file was old. Then I find out(www.grandprixgames.org) that the file must be modern version of track (downloadable from [f1virtual.blogspot.com]). This was not mentioned at GP4 central hotlaps info.

It's probably good to emphasize that the performance file(where you change driver name and number)
specifically locate at Mod installation folder. Not GP4 folder.

I still cant change reset point. Should this (shift+backspace) made in game mode or pause mode or after that hoplap is saved?:-O
Date: March 25, 2019 10:22AM
OK, all good feedback points thanks VilleV.

1) I will try to make it more clear that the player must obtain the .wad file separately.

2) Good advice on the performance file, I'll try to make that more clear.

3) Press shift+backspace while driving. Nothing will happen. But later if you press just backspace your car will go back to the location where you pressed shift+backspace.

Date: March 26, 2019 01:05AM
End of round 1 and well done to Jorge on taking the first win of the season with a really fast lap in the Toro Rosso :-o Gold medal to you!

Silver medal goes to NicoH, and J.L.M. completes the podium with the Bronze medal.

I thought my tactic of going hard with the Ferrari early in the season might score me a podium but I am up against a seriously competitive field, which is great!

Next up: Bahrain. Long straights will make straight-line speed all-important - which car will you choose?

Date: March 29, 2019 02:45AM
Round 2 at Sakhir, Bahrain will open today. Right now I'm having yet more issues with the host so I'm going to move the site to a new host and then open the hotlap round. Should take a few more hours, stay tuned and sorry for the delay.

Date: March 31, 2019 05:22AM
TomMK Wrote:
>
> I thought my tactic of going hard with the Ferrari
> early in the season might score me a podium but I
> am up against a seriously competitive field, which
> is great!

> Not that it matters now, but i too took a Merc around Melbourne, put in a time that would have smashed the rest of the field, but it failed the check - to me, the lap was about as perfect as could be. The check said otherwise... oh well, it wasnt to be, and it is just a game :)

Date: March 31, 2019 05:44AM
Did it say you went off track, or was there some other error?

Date: March 31, 2019 06:00AM
It said i went off track, to which i though BS i did ! LOL! All 4 wheels perfectly positioned all lap, plus several others in sequence.... Not to worry, i moved on with things in real life quickly

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy