GP4 Central - Website to close

Posted by TomMK 
Re: GP4 Central - GP4CC Season 4
Date: December 06, 2015 07:21PM
Posted by: truecrysis
With the Imola event underway, sightings of Steet were once again reported after being mysteriously invisible in Monaco. We took the chance to grab a word with him to see what happened with the last event:

What happened in Monaco? Why so far behind?
Because Monaco sucks that's why! Every driver has a bogey track and Monaco seems to be mine. There's walls everywhere and stuff and they just get in the way. I have a pile of broken Porsche chassis somewhere. I could have gone faster but I would have still been out the points so I looked ahead instead. Oh I did I mention I hate driving at Monaco?

So how do you feel about Imola?
Now Imola is a track I can get behind, no walls for me to run in too! And quick, very quick so it's a lot of fun to drive. It'll be interesting to see if I can put my hours of practise here to good use and get back in the points

And what of the drama currently going around the paddock?
Drama? What drama? They don't give me much information in my box so I don't know. They just let me out to drive. I'm a bit like a really really terrible version of the Stig.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Date: December 08, 2015 08:26PM
Posted by: LutzM
..:: Porsche F1 Team Press Release ::..

Good evening from San Marino.

Here's our press release from Event 3 of the GP4CC - Season IV, the hotlap-competition at Imola Classic.

Today we finished our one and only track day at this track, as both drivers head off to Greece tomorrow morning for Thursdays last game of the Euro League Group Stage to support their favourite Football Club Schalke 04.
Lutz and André did a fantastic job, only 0.034s stood between them at the end.

Here's what they said about their session:

L. Mueller
The car was well prepaired. It took me about 40 laps to find the perfect line through all of the corners around this beautiful track. The updates on the car worked perfect, I felt the progress.
In the end I was lucky to stay in front of André, but 0.380s behind the leader Supermonty is a bit more than at Monaco, but I'm very satisfied with the result... Still 5 events to come - could get very interesting!

A. Harke
Again behind Lutz, but I get closer to him every event... The car was perfect, once again. The crew does a tremendous job. I tried a slighlty different setup than Lutz with less wing at the front. That gave me a faster time in Sector 1 but I lost constantly in Sectors 2 and 3. 25 laps more and I would surely had beaten his time - this will happen at Pau. At the moment he's the teams' #1 driver - but being #2 does not equal with being slower every time!
Let's see what the other drivers will do, would be great for the whole team to have one of us on the podium. The season is still long and we get closer to the podium, the fuel penalties will do the rest for sure...

After studying the data the drivers decided, to have a focus on the grip for Pau.

@TomMK: For Pau please all on grip for Porsche F1 Team!

Good luck to all other drivers who are yet to drive on Imola Circuit - slow down guys ;-)

Porsche F1 Team
Date: December 08, 2015 08:47PM
Posted by: miki2000milos
Vimal, shall we do half-half this time?

btw I don't think I'll be making the track for San Marino, no free time.

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2015 08:48PM by miki2000milos.
Date: December 08, 2015 09:12PM
Posted by: supermonty
Full grip for SVR at Pau
Date: December 08, 2015 10:58PM
Monty,

you're just too fast for me... :-(

Respect!
Date: December 09, 2015 02:13PM
Posted by: supermonty
Oh, it's not finished. Porsche guys have realised somme good laps.
Date: December 09, 2015 04:35PM
Still 32 hours to go but now Porsche is definitely out of the event as our friend has arrived and we're off to the airport...Greece is waiting (B)

And I'm pretty sure that TomMK has not shown everything so far and who knows, if Stefano and/or Jorge will really stay away from San Marino :-O

See you at Pau next week...
Date: December 09, 2015 11:30PM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
Wait a sec, those Gulf stripes look familiar... ;)

^by yours truly, back in January. Nice to see that my stuff is inspirational like that :D
Date: December 10, 2015 01:01AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
Circumstance prevented us getting an interview with AUS_Doug last week at Monaco, and so we were determined to catch up with the Australian this week as the GP4CC makes it way to San Marino.

First order of business was, of course, to make sure that the Team Centra driver was fully recovered from his health scare at Monaco.

AUS_Doug
Yeah for sure it was a bit scary, but not too bad; normally you hold your breath through the chicane anyway, so not being able to breath wasn't too bad!
laughs
But yeah, I'm fine now.
Lights cigarette

As always, our discussion then immediately turned to the competition.

AUS_Doug
It is a good track.....fast, elevation changes.....better than the new one for sure.
It'd be nice to a bit higher [on the leaderboard], the car has the pace as we can see and I'd like to get another second maybe before the day is over.

The competition next heads to the streets of Pau, another of the many unknown quantities this season, and this reporter was keen to get the thoughts of the notoriously apolitical driver on both the upcoming circuits and events off the track.

AUS_Doug
[Pau] is a nice looking circuit; looks faster than Monaco, but still challenging.
Hockenheim I'm looking forward to, should suit the car, and I always enjoy Hungary.
......The current situation is unfortunate I guess, but you know we all care about the racing and some more than others.
But I hear there is a new team joining us next round, so the fans still get to see nearly the normal number of cars.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: December 10, 2015 08:12AM
Posted by: brasspanels
Tom I would like to do a half half upgrade! Thanks:)
Date: December 10, 2015 11:31AM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Full grip at Pau for Mistral please

Date: December 11, 2015 12:19AM
Posted by: TomMK
Yesterday I did a 1.10.8 (good enough for P2 at the time) and forgot to save it. Doh! So I had to have another go this morning, and managed to just sneak a 1.10.7 woohoo! ;)

Very difficult to string 3 good sectors together here I found.

Team Centra will be upgrading our car as follows for Pau:

$1200 budget:
$510 on grip = +255
$690 on power = +23

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: December 11, 2015 12:58AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Car #1, driven by Jcaranti (GP4Forever - Ferrari-V8)
Power: 754 BHP, weight 625 kg, fuel laps: 8.0
Lap time: 1:10.108 (split1 0:22.318, split2 0:47.369)

;);)
Date: December 11, 2015 01:05AM
GP4FOREVER PRESS

Team wants:
300 GRIP and 20 BHP equals to $1200

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2015 01:06AM by jcaranti.
Date: December 11, 2015 01:21AM
Results for GP4CC Round 3 at Imola Classic

Monaco was seemingly forgotten as Jcaranti took his 2nd win of the season. TomMK managed his first podium, followed by the ever-reliable Supermonty in 3rd.

Next up the drivers head to the iconic Pau circuit, and will be accompanied by a new team! Welcome to team 501st and team owner Tara (Y).

Please note: There will be a slightly delayed start to the Pau event because the track officials forgot to calculate the Magic Data for this track. Please bear with me, I will let you know when the pit lane is open.

Form Guide for Round 4 at Pau

Date: December 11, 2015 01:30AM
Policy for new teams: When a new team enters the competition, they will be given a single-race budget (i.e. $1200) for their first event. After this, they will be given the full season budget for all previous events. This will allow them to compete on an equal level with the other teams.

So, in 501st's case:

501st's Event 4 budget = $1200
501st's Event 5 budget = $3600 ($1200 + $1200 for Monaco + $1200 for Imola)

Date: December 11, 2015 01:54AM
Posted by: EmperorsHand
Hi all, looking forward to joining in the fun, and at such a great little circuit as well!
Now Doug will have some competition for best Gamepad user! ;)

Regards,
Tara
Date: December 11, 2015 05:16AM
The pit lane is open at Pau. Please download the latest mod.

Date: December 11, 2015 06:14AM
Wow the Second female i have seen register in a hotlap competicion in all the years that i participated !!!.
Nice going their Tara.

May i ask what does the 501st stand for?

Kind regards
Jorge.
Date: December 11, 2015 07:15AM
Posted by: EmperorsHand
Hi Jorge,

Thanks for the welcome!

The 501st was the name of a Star Wars Stormtrooper Legion, also known as 'Vader's Fist' as it was often under Vader's personal command.

Like Doug, I'm a bit of a Star Wars nerd!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy