Re: GP4 Central - GP4CC Season 4
Date: December 02, 2015 04:15AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
GP4FOREVER RACING

300 grip + 20 bhp equals $1200
Date: December 02, 2015 09:47AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
Team Centra's driver AUS_Doug was rushed to hospital this evening after suffering a mild heart attack during his final lap of the day.

AUS_Doug's engineer - after confirming that Doug was OK and expected to drive again tomorrow - was asked about his driver's day:

Bruce Ratchet
Well, all day long he was complaining about understeer; at one point, I had to check and make sure it wasn't Jenson 'Massive Understeer' Button in the car!
laughs
Anyway, so we started taking off some rear wing, hoping to pick up a little more speed and maybe help him through the hairpins as well by inducing that little bit of oversteer he so enjoys.
......in hindsight, maybe we took off too much.
As he soon as he started his flying lap he was promising to kill us all if he made it back to the garage alive.
But, after improving on his best first and middle sectors, we told him to stay out and finish the lap.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: December 02, 2015 09:55AM
Posted by: LutzM
(Y) Thanks for the laugh Doug ;-)
Date: December 02, 2015 08:36PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Full Power for Imola

Date: December 02, 2015 10:06PM
Posted by: miki2000milos
damn I've fallen so much :( And that was even a good lap...

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2015 10:06PM by miki2000milos.
Date: December 02, 2015 10:46PM
Posted by: supermonty
For Imola :

Grip: + 105 (210 $)

Power: + 33 (990 $)

Supermonty comments his lap :

" it was a tough day ! I had some difficulties to found a good rythm and performance on this track, particulary in the second sector. Finally, i've found a good compromise between grip and speed. I think it will be hard to get a better lap and i think also that Jorge will be ahead a new one."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2015 11:00PM by supermonty.
Date: December 03, 2015 09:48AM
I can't view any of the laps in GP4. I want to see where I am losing so much time but i can't..

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Date: December 03, 2015 10:31AM
miki2000milos Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't view any of the laps in GP4. I want to see
> where I am losing so much time but i can't..

How about putting replay to 1 hour 30 minutes. (Y)
GP4 Central - Race 2
Date: December 04, 2015 12:33AM
Posted by: LutzM
Unbelievable how fast you guys are...even with fuel penalty and/or keyboard...
It took me hours to get my hotlap and in the end it's P5 - if nothing happens within the last 30 minutes...

Anything can happen here...
Re: GP4 Central - Race 2
Date: December 04, 2015 01:18AM
Posted by: TomMK
GP4CC Round 2 - Monaco 1967 - Results

For the 3rd event in a row, the podium was filled by stefano, Jorge and monty. But this time it was stefano who stood on the top step after an incredible lap, taking his first victory of the season. (Y)

The midfield battle was extremely close: positions 3-8 all set 1:07 laptimes. When the fuel penalties begin to take effect, it promises to be a very exciting season! ;)

Your upgrades have been applied for the next round at Imola Classic. Remember to download the new version of the mod to get them. Remember also to check your fuel penalty allocation.

Thanks for participating at Monaco, and good luck at Imola Classic!

GP4CC Season 4 Form Guide - Round 3

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: December 04, 2015 01:51AM
Posted by: Carlitox
At least I wasn't last, and I managed to beat Eric, though with him being hit by mechanical issues (goddamn Logitech) that doesn't really show much. As Lutz says, it is mind blowing how you manage to get those times, in either wheel or keyboard. I'm starting to think I lose a lot by not messing with the settings, but I tried something at Fiorano and, well, I ended up in Mugello ;)

Oh well, at least this is another track I have fond memories of (GP2 FTW), so let's see how this goes...

EDIT: I'm having another checksum error while uploading the lap. I'm doublechecking, but I think I did everything right. I suspect the mod didn't update properly, as two copies showed up in CSM (Monaco and Imola releases). I used the Imola mod release, though. Sad because while it wasn't a brilliant lap, I hit 340km/h in the run to Tosa.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2015 02:14AM by Carlitox.
Date: December 04, 2015 03:07AM
Posted by: brasspanels
Urghhhhhhh I have missed out on the first 2 races. Really need to find time to complete the rest of the events.
Date: December 04, 2015 04:23AM
I would like to make a formal protest against driver Stefan86k for his Monaco1967 hotlap.

The rules says:
4.2 : Contact with barriers or other cars must not be used to gain an advantage.

In his lap he went through 2 walls in the track.
First in the hairpin passing S1. His entire right front tyre went through the wall !!!!.
Second he went through another wall in the chicane were S2 is, again same tyre, the front right tyre through the wall !!!.

I would like also remind everyone that this leagues rules says the following:

4.1.2 : Any participant may appeal any other's laptime after visual inspection up to 48 hours after the end of an event.
Participants are reminded that such appeals should not be made in an unsporting manner.

So im exercising my right to claim of what i think its unfair and unsporting.

Please Tom, have a look at it, sincerely im shocked.

Kind regards
Jorge.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2015 05:01AM by jcaranti.
Date: December 04, 2015 05:06AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
I had a similar problem with some of the laps I drove; because not all of the walls are solid, sometimes you can go through them a little bit without realising it.
(At the hairpin exit was quite bad for me)

I only realised when I watched carefully in the replay afterwards.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: December 04, 2015 08:15AM
Posted by: supermonty
I havn't see the hotlap but some graphics elements are strange, like the "wall" of Loews hairpin which take a part of the track.
Date: December 04, 2015 09:00AM
or the "non-solid tarmac" on the exit or Portier. The track objects are werirdly placed yeah.

But to be honest, I disagree here, because I think that rule was meant to be "making contact with actual walls" (set in the .dat file), not with invisible walls.
Also I will admit that I too went through the wall, I think on every hotlap I submitted, with my understanding of the rule above.

otherwise, I am extremely disappointed with my P8. How was everyone so much faster...

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Date: December 04, 2015 10:11AM
miki2000milos Wrote:
> But to be honest, I disagree here, because I think
> that rule was meant to be "making contact with
> actual walls" (set in the .dat file), not with
> invisible walls.
> Also I will admit that I too went through the
> wall, I think on every hotlap I submitted, with my
> understanding of the rule above.

What i think you just invented a new definition of making conctact that is not a contact ....
He WENT THROUGH A WALL !!! JESUS !!!.

My hotlap is 100% clean I did not contact in any away or form any wall and i managed to be fast.
Thats what i call to be an HONEST DRIVER.

Yes i could have used the hairpin wall as an advantage to gain at least 5 to 6 tenth faster in S2
but its not about that, its about respecting the rules of the competition and the persons that participate
in the league.

Last i think that their a was a failure in the organazation of the event, YOU TEST THE TRACKS for possible problems
and YOU ESTABLISH THE LIMITS OF THE TRACK. Tom has done a good job in the league but for this Monaco event he did not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2015 10:12AM by jcaranti.
Date: December 04, 2015 10:54AM
yep, the wall thing gains a lot of time indeed. But I think it's a little bit unclear as to what "making contact" means. If it means by the scenery/objects, or the .dat file edges, because as I said I went through that wall aswell on all of my hotlaps that i submitted, but I felt nothing on the ffb when going through it.
The rules need clearing up here.
I don't call for a DSQ, but maybe an extention of the event, so we know if we can go through the invisible wall or can't go through the invisible wall.

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Date: December 04, 2015 11:45AM
miki2000milos Wrote:
> yep, the wall thing gains a lot of time indeed.
> But I think it's a little bit unclear as to what
> "making contact" means. If it means by the
> scenery/objects, or the .dat file edges, because
> as I said I went through that wall aswell on all
> of my hotlaps that i submitted, but I felt nothing
> on the ffb when going through it.
> The rules need clearing up here.

1- Its not about your hotlap. its about Stefan86k hotlap what im protesting. Your hotlap is not in question.

2 - The rules are clear:
4.2 : [b]Contact with barriers[/b] or other cars must [b]not be used to gain an advantage[/b].

3 - HE WENT THROUGH A WALL, I REPEAT: He went through a wall. Do you comprehend english? right front tyre entered the wall !!.

4- An event manager checks the laps visually in the game and looks at the files for possible unsporting advantages.
In Stefan86k case its clear he gained an unsporting advantage going through a wall and violating rule 4.2 of the league
you can see that visually in the replay.

5- What experience you have in Gp4 leagues to judge?
In my case i have been 6 years web admin of a famous Gp4 hotlap web page.

miki2000milos Wrote:
> I don't call for a DSQ, but maybe an extention of
> the event, so we know if we can go through the
> invisible wall or can't go through the invisible
> wall.

I dont call for DSQ either but a time penalty added to Stefan86k hotlap would do.

Their is a calendar for the events, so no extension needed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy