Fascination GP4

Posted by iaquinta 
Fascination GP4
Date: June 13, 2011 05:40PM
Posted by: iaquinta
Well, I'm interested about why you guys are still playing GP4 and not rFactor or whatever. What fascinates you about GP4? What is the main reason for you staying with GP4?

I'm first in line: For me it's the atmosphere of the game. Somehow I can't get into rFactor or any other racing simulation like into GP4. It feels like pure racing and just like Formula 1. The second point is the good AI, which makes the game enjoyable even without a real multiplayer.
Re: Fascination GP4
Date: June 13, 2011 06:03PM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
wheater. IA and atmosphere.... =)

Samuele
32BOBO32
Date: June 13, 2011 07:12PM
Posted by: quickslick
Date: June 13, 2011 07:24PM
Posted by: GP-4 russia-76
atmosphere, IA, TV director
Date: June 13, 2011 07:25PM
Posted by: cleberpister
+1

AYRTON SENNA FOREVER!
Date: June 13, 2011 07:25PM
Posted by: NickJW
AI, Atmosphere, The Unless modding Abilities

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Date: June 13, 2011 09:02PM
Posted by: hasbriale
Simple...

Gameplay...Baby!! Nothing else truly get closer....

Weather simulation... Great Customizations... Great Community Support....

Been playing it since 2003...... Anything else..... ??? (H)
Date: June 13, 2011 09:16PM
Posted by: RenaultFan
well for me I found gp4 after I got my first "real" and not handed down piece of crap computer back in 2004. My girlfriend was just released from the hospital after spending 2 months in there undergoing chemo treatments after being diagnosed with leukemia and wanted to get her and I a nice PC. We found one and then one day just out of the blue we went in some little going out of business store and gp4 was sitting on the shelf for only like $5. I can say thats the best 5 dollars I have ever spent,lol. I for the most part didnt know anything about PC's let alone modding a game but over time I have learned alot here about PCs and how they work and how to fix problems that have popped up. I think if it wasnt for gp4 I would have never got interested in computers and would have never learned as much as I have. And I must say that this site and the members I have met here have taught me a ton about computers, and of course gp4 :)
Date: June 13, 2011 09:20PM
Posted by: hasbriale
OOh....

5 dollars!! :-o I bought it for 1 dollar......... ;-)

Full story of Me and GP4 on my site...
Date: June 13, 2011 09:29PM
Posted by: Excalibur
AI, weather, handling, physics, atmosphere, tools available to improve the game (tracks, cars, MISC, tweaks ..even if the source code limits the possibilities. There is so much to do again...)

:-)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2011 09:31PM by Excalibur.
Date: June 13, 2011 10:22PM
Posted by: Alessio88
Just Grand prix 4 it just look like be a f1 driver :),and the driver view i love it

Greetings
Alessio
Date: June 13, 2011 11:00PM
Posted by: kerleyf1
First: the modding community.

Second: all things that you guys say.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Date: June 14, 2011 12:41AM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
I agree with you guys. The AI is the best I've seen so far in a racing simulation. The modded cars and tracks looks fantastic and is still more than enough.
But one thing I love is the TV-director. Im "broadcasting" from my fantasy formula series where all the cars are AI controlled. Im just playing Martin Brundle and David Coulthard and can't change anything that happens between the drivers. It's awesome and still very original!

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: June 14, 2011 06:28AM
Posted by: ooleeeo
Unfortunately,I could never get gp4 to work smoothly on my laptop bcoz it has an inbuilt graphics.
But yes,I really liked the game very much.
So sadly,I cannot play gp4.
Instead I play gp3 and f1c 99-02.

Kimi forever!
Date: June 14, 2011 11:31AM
Posted by: vesuvius
AI, Atmosphere,Weather, new updates from old times to current one and of course all the members that makes gp4 special :)
Date: June 14, 2011 02:37PM
Posted by: jucksman
For me, first and foremost, the AI. Sometimes you can almost believe you are racing a "real" guy, instead of a computer dummy - hear that, codemasters?? ;-)
Date: June 14, 2011 04:07PM
Posted by: stifflers mum
IT IS FASCINATING FOR SURE!

and all this nearly 10 years after release, thanx alot to the community. i stuck with netkarpro for a while, it seems to be a good alternativ for grand prix 4. but at least, it isnt, as f1 2010 or rfactor too.
grand prix 4 has its own charme, the best, i say THE BEST AI out there. the races are always challenging and sometimes breathtaking. i drove alot of online-races with netkar and rfactro, and it seems
the human drivers are more stupid thand gp4´s AI. :P

so lets keep grand prix 4 alive, and lets pray for grand prix 5!
Date: June 14, 2011 06:16PM
Posted by: rracunis
Everything already said but the main reason : why you are gonna drive a Toyota Corolla if you can drive a Ferrari !! The best things in the world you can copy but usually this things are incomparable , we can't overcome it . Maybe GP5 if it comes .

Ricardo
Date: June 14, 2011 07:24PM
Posted by: DAMON96
EVERYTHING...espacially the old mods...I CANNOT BELIEVE to be driving a car from the 80's or the early 90's with that kind of amazing graphics...and of course all the other stuff....the TV, the AI..and the way that you HAVE TO drive in the correct line....I've never experinced that in other games and I have all the games in PSONE, PS2 and PS3.
Date: June 15, 2011 12:27AM
Posted by: andreigp4
it's the only game where the car feels like a car, not like an stunt airplane (rfactor, f1 challenge or f1 2010)

____
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy