Must be windows 7.

hahaha!

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Re: Logitech G 27 steering wheel
Date: July 02, 2014 03:13PM
Posted by: smasha
LOLOL.

Well I installed the 2006 mod with all the addons and plus stuff and now the G27 feels great again.

That mod is awesome.

I must be doing something wrong lolol with that 2013 mod.

Just doesn't feel the same and my lap times are 10 secs slower than the 2006 mod at the same track.
Date: July 02, 2014 03:22PM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
Sorry smasha, I can't take you seriously :(

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Date: July 02, 2014 03:25PM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
....digging up several threads when you dodn't need to, acting generally impatient and somewhat ungrateful, unwilling to actually do a little research before filling the forum with your questionable grammar - at least, that's the impression that I get (N)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Date: July 02, 2014 03:51PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Obvious troll is obvious.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: July 02, 2014 04:21PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
smasha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> P.S. would love to know every setting jcaranti
> uses because I've tried a ton and nothing is
> working as it should.

Theirs some secrets that im not willing to share to get maximum performance of this wheel for Gp4..
But try and do research. When i setup the wheel i had NO HELP and i didnt need it.
Date: July 02, 2014 04:45PM
Well I have the rotation set at 180 atm.

Seems to work the best in this sim.

2006 mod just works with the G 27 out of the box.

2013 probably requires more astute set up skills as I love the mods graphics and display setup but I was struggling with the physics and they made the G27 feel weird.

I am getting old now.

I grew up with this series but especially the first edition on the amiga with a humble digital joystick.

Also papyrus Indy 500 on the same system with a mouse.

Those were the days my friends....

P.S. I'm testing on the Melbourne circuit (my home town) as I find that circuit very hard to get a rhythm on.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2014 04:53PM by smasha.
Date: July 03, 2014 01:23AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
@Smasha:

What I would recommend, coming from someone who until (relatively) recently used the classic Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP.

1) You're talking about all the wheel rotation settings; Think back to the steering wheels available back when GP4 was released.

Most, if not all, would be 180 degree lock.
I can see from your last post that you currently have it set as that, so leave it there and focus exclusively on in-game settings.
If it's feeling like a truck, try turning way down - or off - the steering help if you haven't already done so, and have the Low Sensitivity Zone and Reduce With Car Speed sliders at 100%.
The steering help, though useful for some controllers, can be worse than useless if set to high, and the LSZ and RWCS sliders are as close you'll get to an in-game deadzone setting.
(Although about a 10% steering help can help give this feel as well)

2) Is it the 2013 physics?

For me, the poor sod who's played with a gamepad the last 3 years, I found the handling of the 2013 mod to be much more user friendly than vanilla GP4.
(Although I don't know, having never played it, how either compare to the '06 mod.)

3) It's certainly not Windows 7's fault:

That was a valid excuse for my old wheel - before it died, and before Logitech released some software to support Force Feedback on 7 - but not for something as recent as the G27.

4) Practice, practice, practice, practice.

When I had to switch to a gamepad, I nearly died the first time I played GP4.
It was that bad.

(I was doing 1:24 hotlaps around Interlagos with it..........I'd never done a 24 around that in my life)
Granted, I'm still pretty rubbish, but I've gotten better as I've goten used to, and learned to account for, the little idiosyncrasies of the gamepad, it's gotten more bearable.
Prime example, during the GP4 Central Championship; I'd been away from the game for about 6 months, and jumped right into the comp with a recently obtained gamepad.

Over the course of the event, I improved my time by the better part of 11 seconds; most of that came from various control schemes;
"Well that chews me up in the fast corners, and that" setting means that I'm driving a house in the slow corners, so if I change it to that..........it means I'm driving a house in the fast corners and I get chewed up in the slow corners."

"But if I change this to that, and that to this.........."

Trial and error got me there-ish in the end...........and then I got the adaptor so that I could use my Xbox controller and had to start all over again.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: July 03, 2014 07:18AM
Thanks AUS_Doug for the great tips and help. (Y)

There is one thing I did in the race options that tightened the feel of the steering and it was traction control.

It even made the cockpit view seem faster.

Now the 2013 mod feels tight and great with the G27.

Odear. I think I barked too early.

Old grumpy bugger I am lol.

Love the cockpit view in this game.

Easy to read steering wheel panel that you don't have to squint at,mirrors that are usable.

And the AI is the BEST of any sim hands down.

No AI is better than GP4's AI.

The blokes who put the 2103 mod together have done a terrific job with the info displays.

Back to practicing.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2014 07:25AM by smasha.
Date: July 03, 2014 07:29AM
Turbo Lover Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Obvious troll is obvious.

aah Priest!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy