Your Grand Prix 4 Career
Date: April 05, 2011 11:30AM
Posted by: mclarenaustralia
I want to hear peoples stories of races and what they have done in their "careers".

I'm about to start my F1 career (I'm playing on semi-pro) by racing for Benetton (I did test with Jordan) at the 1994 Brazilian GP, I've qualified on pole by 0.100 with Senna 2nd and Schumacher 3rd.
I had a quick couple of laps and found that it will be raining heavily from the start of the race. So tomorrow when I do race I'll start on the wets.
Re: Your Grand Prix 4 Career
Date: April 05, 2011 12:57PM
Posted by: jucksman
Nice thread. :-)
My GP4 career started in season 2000, driving for sauber, then mclaren from 2001-2006 and ferrari from 2007 onwards. I drive on ACE level, with 100% race distance and save only to protect the game files - that means I don't restart the race if I make a mistake. Also, I try to simulate as a accurately as possible the results of a given season, so for example ferrari was flying in 2004 and 2008, but fell behind in 2009...
So far, these are the numbers in my 'career':
- 4 world titles (2003, 2005, 2006, 2008)
- 63 wins
- 59 poles
- 33 fastest laps
- 99 podium finishes

:-)
Re: Your Grand Prix 4 Career
Date: June 04, 2019 10:34AM
Posted by: sjwilson1977
I like this thread. I have also been keeping my stats from my "official" F1 career.

I also play on 100 percent race distance, and I'm currently on the Semi-Pro level and play with full damage and failures and never re-start races. If I crash, then that's it for the weekend!

This is actually my first season in GP4, having done the 2004 and 2005 season in F1 Challenge.

2004 - Started in the Jordan, alongside Nick Heidfeld. A typical rookie season, in a back-marker car, but managed some points finishes at Spain, Nurburgring, and Monaco. Had a huge crash at Imola as the brakes failed heading into the Villeneuve chicane. Highest finishing position was a 5th place at Monaco.

2005 - Was picked up by RedBull on a 2-year contract, to race alongside David Coulthard. Surprisingly, the newest team on the F1 grid had pace from the outset, and I managed a great start to the season by taking 2nd place in Melbourne, and a 3rd place in Malaysia. My first ever win came at the Bahrain GP, and I would get another 3 wins for the season (Montreal, Turkey, Shanghai). Heading into the last round of the championship, I was leading the driver's championship, just 5 points ahead of Kimi Raikkonen's McLaren. Kimi took pole, and I would start from 4th on the grid.
McLaren employed team orders by using Montoya to block me for the first 20 laps, but luckily, Raikkonen was struggling with a gearbox issue and wasn't able to pull a gap. Kimi ended up retiring from the race on lap 37, making me the world champion in just my second season of F1.

2006 - Heading into the season, I had many issues with my PC. I decided to upgrade to a better machine, and therefore decided to try GP4 for the season, and man!!! Can I just say, how happy I am with the switch. Much harder to drive and much more realistic I have found so far. Just had my first race of the season in Bahrain, and after a struggle in the opening two practice sessions, i was able to make some set-up changes that put me on Pole after the hour-long session, just 0.107 ahead of Schumacher's Ferrari and Alonso's Renault. The first race was tough! I was passed by Schumi into the first corner, and progressively just kept getting passed by cars over the next 20 laps. Ended up finishing in ninth, 20 seconds behind my teammate in Coulthard. Looks like 2006 is going to be much tougher, but let's see what we can do in Malaysia.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy