GPGSL Season 6 Complete!

Posted by GPGSL 
Re: GPGSL Season 6- CALENDAR RELEASED
Date: April 11, 2011 02:17PM
Posted by: Nickv
I will not hand in my championship trophy.
Re: GPGSL Season 6- DEADLINE APRIL 22ND
Date: April 13, 2011 01:30PM
Posted by: BAR#10
Out of the past seasons, only S5 starter perf was calculated differently than what I had intended with driver continuity perf concept. Not that it was against rules as misunderstanding occured when we were agreeing over a year ago to a rule change to have a gap from top to base on starter perf from s4 onwards. I intend that seasons gained perf points still accumulate on the evergrowing alltime perf,which is then compressed to the gap to get tweaked starter perf every season. Stu took it that now seasons gained perf points accumulate on this already tweaked starter perf to get next seasons adjusted starter perf. Formula itself isnt that complicated, but explaining in words sowewhat is, as we have all these similar terms for different things and many divisions. Rules werent updated either,which didnt help clarity either. Anyway S5 starter perf was still your perf poins, just simply put,more emphasis on s4 gained points and previous seasons pts more compressed compared to if evergrowing perf points would be compressed in one pot. Bottom line it was done in good faith and I see s5 as legit. I only realized after getting an explanation of someone perf numbers from s6 starter perf, that we had a misunderstanding a while back. As for s6 starter perf a decision needs to be made whether to revert to the intent of my cont. formula as explained in amendment thread or to have this one.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Date: April 13, 2011 01:46PM
Posted by: mortal
Without turning the thread into too much gobbledegook and blinding everyone with science, I recommend we stay put and continue with the current formula. Stu does a brilliant job managing the perfs and I for one wouldn't want to make the job any more complicated than it already is.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 13, 2011 01:59PM
Posted by: BAR#10
i am not trying to blind anyone with science or use meaningless stuff. I was trying to explain it as best as i could esp. writing via phone. Examples were made in amendment thread. I was only trying to say why a misunderstanding could occur if your not being precise,as perhaps i wasnt over a year ago.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Date: April 13, 2011 02:36PM
Posted by: CaptinFranko
You'll hear no complaints from me about perf calculation. I simply don't understand it well enough. You guys do a cracking job anyway! I really can't wait until the pre-season test, just to see the VXR cars on track with the others.

As an aside, I do have a suggestion about how we could use testing (albeit not a very well thought out one) to aid car development. If we held three tests a year, say pre season, and then two during the season, teams could elect to spend some of their boost points on tests and not races. The result could be a boost to the team perf. Drivers could also do the same. It could then work in the same way that perf boosts for races do...the more you spend the more chance of failing there is...but if you do succeed the greater the boost your team receives.

I don't know, as I said it isn't very well thought out, but the general idea is there and I hope it is relatively easy to understand. Just thought it might be something for consideration. If not, no worries.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Date: April 13, 2011 04:47PM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
Well Chris, I also thought about a similar idea some time ago. But I didn't make it public because of one simple reason. At the moment there is no disadvantage for a team giving a newly entered driver a test seat to build up his perfs. However, if the tests (even though only 3 events during the season) count for the perfs, no team would have an interest in using a low perf test driver for these tests. Consequently it would become even harder for new drivers to find appropriate seats. This is, IMO, the main reason why your (and my hypothetical) suggestion doesn't work out.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: April 13, 2011 05:34PM
Posted by: CaptinFranko
ah fair do's I see your point actually. Just wondered.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Date: April 13, 2011 09:40PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
This'll be our year ;)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: April 13, 2011 10:21PM
Posted by: Monza972
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This'll be our year ;)

Yes it will. I'll be spiking other cars with Diesel. I'm on an "advisory" role :P
Date: April 13, 2011 11:01PM
Posted by: Rico
@Chris and @John, It's also very important to keep the GPGSL board happy, if they also need to sort and run this kinda concepts next to the killing time taking FP's, Q and R's they do already they will stop ! :p

And yes, probarly some people will say that they can run these sessions now, but 90% of the people who offered to run sessions, never did... :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Date: April 17, 2011 07:35AM
Posted by: Macca25
I'm sorry, I have forgotten who I need to send a PM to about making the team user bars.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: April 17, 2011 09:47AM
Posted by: mortal
It was I, tsk tsk.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 17, 2011 10:09AM
Posted by: Charrel
Macca25 Schreef:
> I'm sorry, I have forgotten who I need to send a
> PM to about making the team user bars.

This week I have a lot of time, so I will start creating team userbars and editing my helmet..

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Date: April 17, 2011 12:11PM
Posted by: Macca25
Charrel Wrote:
> Macca25 Schreef:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I'm sorry, I have forgotten who I need to send
> a
> > PM to about making the team user bars.
>
> This week I have a lot of time, so I will start
> creating team userbars and editing my helmet..

Thankyou

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: April 17, 2011 04:00PM
Random question but does anybody have the Season 3 mod?

I'm missing the MPR from that season and would like to get it

Date: April 17, 2011 10:30PM
Posted by: Stoopid
I think I may have it Dan, I'll sort it out and pm you a link later :-)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Date: April 17, 2011 10:32PM
Cheers man

I've just taken a look and realised I'm missing the season 4 car too

It'd be awesome if you could send them over mate

Date: April 18, 2011 11:27AM
Posted by: SpaceAce
So i see i'm still dam awesome.
Carry on.

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Date: April 19, 2011 03:38PM
Posted by: oensan
Hey, are there any chances of a possible test driver slot anywhere? Thanks.
Date: April 19, 2011 03:48PM
Posted by: JackHammer
Getting close to the deadline, how many teams still haven't sent their car?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy