F1 Manager - 2004 Main Season Thread - Season Over!

Posted by Twigster151 
More time to the GPGNC (yeh doesnt take more time than you think! ;)), more time to exams/life, less time for this im afraid

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
I am a newbie to the site, but was part of the old GPG forum and a long-time GP4 gamer (since it came out in 2002). If vacancies were to arise, I would be interested in participating in this as it looks a lot of fun. :) (Y) (H)
Chris Copeman takes over at Sauber

After the sudden departure of former Sauber boss Connor Steer the Swiss team confirmed that former Toyota boss, Chris Copeman, will be taking over the reigns from the European Grand Prix onwards. It seems that the Swiss team were impressed with his past experience as a team manager but time will tell if he will be successful at Sauber.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2011 11:42PM by Twigster151.
Chris Copeman press conference

Chris Copeman greeted the assembled media at the Sauber F1 headquarters earlier to talk about his plan for the team. "First let me say that I am thrilled to be back in Formula 1, especially with Sauber. I have big plans for the team and we intend to get to work straight away. First on our list of priorities is a second driver to partner Nick for next season. As far as this season goes we will continue to push for better results and I have already set the team a target of finishing in the top 6 of the constructors championship."

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

SuffolkF1 has been added to the waiting list and also thanks Mortal for sticking this thread but in fear of being cheeky could also sticky the signings thread as well as it gets lost very easily ;)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Twigster151 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Chris Copeman takes over at Sauber
>
> After the sudden departure of former Sauber boss
> Conner Steer the Swiss team confirmed that former
> Toyota boss, Chris Copeman, will be taking over
> the reigns from the European Grand Prix onwards.
> It seems that the Swiss team were impressed with
> his past experience as a team manager but time
> will tell if he will be successful at Sauber.

Ah now i hate to be really picky but my name is spelt Connor not Conner, sorry but it is different ;)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
truecrysis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Twigster151 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Chris Copeman takes over at Sauber
> >
> > After the sudden departure of former Sauber
> boss
> > Conner Steer the Swiss team confirmed that
> former
> > Toyota boss, Chris Copeman, will be taking over
> > the reigns from the European Grand Prix
> onwards.
> > It seems that the Swiss team were impressed
> with
> > his past experience as a team manager but time
> > will tell if he will be successful at Sauber.
>
> Ah now i hate to be really picky but my name is
> spelt Connor not Conner, sorry but it is different
> ;)

My bad ;) all should be well now :)

As promised here are the results for the Monaco GP.....

Race Results

Monaco - Monte-Carlo
(78 Laps)

Pos Driver Time/Speed

1st Juan P Montoya 1h 43m 00.293s
Williams-BMW
2nd Rubens Barrichello +49.510s
Williams-BMW
3rd Jacques Villenueve +1m 03.349s
Toyota-
4th Kimi Raikkonen +1m 11.507s
Jordan-Honda
5th David Coulthard +1m 17.303s
Renault-
6th Jos Verstappen +1m 17.702s
Ferrari-
7th Cristiano Da Matta +1m 18.217s
Toyota-
8th Mark Webber +1m 18.799s
Jaguar-Honda
9th Jarno Trulli -1 Lap
Arrows-Petronas
10th Pedro dela Rosa -1 Lap
Minardi-Petronas
11th Giancarlo Fisichella -1 Lap
Renault-
12th Fernando Alonso -1 Lap
Mclaren-Mercedes
13th Takuma Sato -1 Lap
BAR-Honda
14th Jenson Button -1 Lap
Mclaren-Mercedes
15th Nick Heidfeld -1 Lap
Sauber-Petronas
16th Andre Lotterer -1 Lap
Jordan-Honda
17th Justin Wilson -1 Lap
Arrows-Petronas
18th Ralf Schumacher -1 Lap
BAR-Honda
19th Heinz-Harald Frentzen -1 Lap
Minardi-Petronas
20th Michael Schumacher -1 Lap
Ferrari-
21st Allan McNish Didn't Finish
Jaguar-Honda
22nd Timo Glock Transmission
Sauber-Petronas

Fastest Lap - Da Matta - 1m17.700s
Minardi Statement:

After long and careful thinking, Anthony Davidson will replace Heinz-Harald Frentzen for the rest of the season. We feel that Frentzen has not challenged De La Rosa enough, and although Pedro's results have been impressive, we feel that with Davidson we would have two drivers challenging for some points. Heinz will stay, should any injury problems arise.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Klien Tops Free Practice at the Nurburgring
Christian Klien just pipped Jacques Villenueve by 4 thousandths of a second to the top of the timing sheets in Free Practice ahead of the European Grand Prix at the Nurburgring. Michael Schumacher ended the session third just behind the Toyota driver, meanwhile further down the field Frenzten was outpaced by his replacement Davidson by 4 tenths, albeit in 20th and 21st place.

Kliens Best Effort

Setup Reward:
1. Jordan +0.033
2. Jaguar +0.043
3. Renault +0.081
4. Sauber +0.139
5. Toyota +0.258
6. Arrows +0.282

Thats a good start to my return to management. Hopefully with the setup reward we can build on this and have a good weekend.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

We were rubbish again.....there's a surprise

Good practise from the team, looking for a strong race now.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Arrows are gaining pace here and are improving. We were faster then Mclaren with is great. Great job by Trulli and Zonta
Renault Statement
Unfortunately we could not afford mid-season testing and that is showing in out performance. But if luck is on our side we should have a great season next year :P.
I expected us to be a bit better than p15 and p16 after the tests, but lets look what qualy will bring.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Twigster just to let you know, I can run the next round this weekend if you wish me to do so. Cheers
Barrichello Takes Pole in Rainy Germany
Rubens Barrichello continues his good run of form by taking pole again for Williams at the European Grand Prix. However the unpredictable weather also created a mixed up grid with Kimi Raikkonen and Nick Heidfeld completing the top three. Other notable performances include Justin Wilson lining up 5th in his Arrows with Anthony Davidson in 7th, Ralf Schumacher in 8th. However those who were punished by the weather included Juan Pablo Montoya (13th), Ferrari duo Schumacher (14th) and Verstappen (15th) and Cristiano da Matta (21st)

Barrichello Taking Pole

(Due to me being a prat I forgot to view the full session times before advancing :/, however the grid is as follows)

European GP Qualifying Official Results
1. Rubens Barrichello - Williams
2. Kimi Raikkonen - Jordan
3. Nick Heidfeld - Sauber
4. Jacques Villenueve - Toyota
5. Justin Wilson - Arrows
6. Mark Webber - Jaguar
8. Anthony Davidson - Minardi
9. Ralf Schumacher - BAR
10. Andre Lotterer - Jordan
11. Pedro de la Rosa - Minardi
12. Fernando Alonso - McLaren
13. Juan P Montoya - Williams
14. Michael Schumacher - Ferrari
15. Jos Verstappen - Ferrari
16. Timo Glock - Sauber
17. Allan McNish - Jaguar
18. David Coulthard - Renault
19. Jenson Button - McLaren
20. Takuma Sato - BAR
21. Cristiano da Matta - Toyota
22. Jarno Trulli - Arrows

Ferrari Statement

Damn! ;)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Jordan Statement

Great job from Kimi and Andre, 2nd and 10th place :) Maybe both can get some points in race.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy