F1 Manager - 2004 Main Season Thread - Season Over!

Posted by Twigster151 
I forgot to say in pm: drivers in test session will be Raikkonen and Lotterer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2011 10:30AM by kedy89.
Friday Practice and Qualy run, i'll stick up the results of them later on, but it's a cracker!
ROUND 4 - SPANISH GRAND PRIX - FRIDAY PRACTICE AND QUALIFYING

Hello and welcome to round 4 of the Formula One World Championship, here at the Catalunya circuit in Spain. The teams head here trying to stop Williams who have dominated the early season with Montoya and Barrichello. The race is the final race before the teams get to test at Jerez, so this weekend could prove to be important. Early forecasts suggest a wet Saturday but dry for the remainder of the weekend.

So let's see how the teams done in Friday Practice. Montoya proved once again the Williams' pace by setting the fastest lap, but M Schumacher showed Ferrari were improving and will push the Williams team this weekend. Renault also looked competitive while McLaren continued to struggle

Setup Reward.

1. Minardi +0.229
2. McLaren +0.222
3. BAR +0.035
4. Jaguar -0.013
5. Renault -0.088
6. Ferrari -0.237

And onto Qualifying. Indeed the weather forecast was right as the heavens opened on the Spanish track, flooding most of the circuit. This provided us with an amazing Qualifying session and has mixed up the whole pack ready for tomorrows race. Infact the pole lap was not caught by the TV camera's as it came from the most unlikely of teams and drivers, as De La Rosa took pole for Minardi alongside Arrows' Wilson and ahead of the Jaguar of Mark Webber. This has most certainly set up a fantastic race for tomorrow which you can join us here live for round 4!

I give up.

Glock had a great lap and 7th is very strong, especially as we can look to get passed some of the guys up ahead (arrows/minardi ;)). But heidfeld had an obsolutely terrible day, will just be making the best of a terrible situation in the race...

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
I did not see that coming ;)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Arrows Statement

Tonight Arrows are in shock about this result. We never antisipated Wilson being p2 on the grid :) A great job by the brit and Trulli qualifying p17 is not that bad. We anticipate that normal service will be resumed tommorow so we are not celebrating just yet. This is just part 1 of 2. But it is nice to see the small teams at the front :)

Also the Arrows livery has changed. I dont mind because I actually prefer it lol. But im just wondering why
Sorry bud that's because i ran the race using the original wad i started with for 2004. Since Twigster took over he uses some different cars, such as the Williams front nose change etc. The only thing i changed in the wad was the helmets

DStonesF1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Arrows Statement
>
> Tonight Arrows are in shock about this result. We
> never antisipated Wilson being p2 on the grid :) A
> great job by the brit and Trulli qualifying p17 is
> not that bad. We anticipate that normal service
> will be resumed tommorow so we are not celebrating
> just yet. This is just part 1 of 2. But it is nice
> to see the small teams at the front :)
>
> Also the Arrows livery has changed. I dont mind
> because I actually prefer it lol. But im just
> wondering why
not a good result in qualify for us...

My GPGSL Career
Its fine mate. I actually prefer your livery :P lol.... cheers for the reply
DStonesF1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Its fine mate. I actually prefer your livery :P
> lol.... cheers for the reply

Well if Chris is willing to send it over or tell me where he downloaded it I can add it into my mod if you want :)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

If thats possible ye, cheers guys :)
YES! POLE! WOOHOO...*ahem* I mean, uh, [insert PR drivel].

A la mode for Frentzen though...oh well.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2011 11:34PM by Incident 2k9.
BAR Statement

It's just hugely disappointing again. Beaten by those slow cars and not taking full advantage of the conditions. This should have been a lot better...
Jordan Statement

An incredible qualifying and a fantastic job from Andre to get p5 in this conditions :-)
Ferrari

Happy to be in such a strong position after a lottery like this, 4th and 6th are looking good for the race. We are going to try and pull the victory towards us!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Race is run and complete, i'll stick it up tomorrow or wednesday :-D
ROUND 4 - SPANISH GRAND PRIX - RACE

You join us here near Barcelona in Spain for round 4 of the 2004 F1 season. The season so far has seen Williams dominate, but yesterday's qualifying provided a shock as Pedro De La Rosa clinched pole for minnows Minardi ahead of Arrows' Justin Wilson. With slower cars at the front due to adverse weather conditions and title contenders towards the back we're surely in for a fantastic race. So lets head down to the track for today's race and round 4 of the F1 season.....

65/65 The lights are about to go out and we're about to go racing. The lights go out and De La Rosa gets a fantastic start and remains infront, while Wilson was slow off the line and has lost out.

64/65 De La Rosa leads a full lap before Verstappen proves to be too fast and passes him into the first corner. Justin Wilson looks to be recovering as you can see in the background, he's passing Webber for 3rd. Further around the lap and M Schumacher passes Webber for 4th.

63/65 Webber is still travelling backwards as Barrichello in the Williams passes him for 5th. Kimi Raikkonen is having a torrid time down in 16th as he runs wide and loses a place

62/65 As we ride on board you can see M Schumacher easing past Wilson to take 3rd on the home straight, While Webber is now down to 6th after Juan Pablo Montoya takes 5th. Big accident on this lap as well, as Glock runs off wide. As he comes back on to track McNish collects him and ends his race. Fisichella and Trulli are also involved as they hit the debri on track. Both of them and Glock will all have to pit for new front wings

61/65 Wilson seems to be struggling slightly now as both Williams' of Barrichello and Montoya fly by him. Action towards the mid-field as Da Matta spins on the penultimate corner, it looks like he's beached it in the gravel, ending his race

60/65 M Schumacher puts Ferrari in the top 2 spots after passing De La Rosa for 2nd. Just behind them and the Williams' are dicing with eachother. Montoya comes out on top though and gains 4th

59/65 Montoya continues his charge and passes De La Rosa for 3rd

58/65 De La Rosa is once again powerless as Barrichello this time passes him to take 4th. Further back and Webber is now down to 7th after Sato in the BAR passes him

57/65 And Sato isn't stopping there as he moves past Wilson for 6th

56/65 A bit of team orders at Ferrari? M Schumacher moves down the inside of Verstappen and the Dutchman doesn't put up much of a fight. M Schumacher now leads the race. Webber makes a move in the right direction as he passes Wilson for 7th

55/65 Montoya splits up the Ferrari's now as he passes Verstappen for 2nd. The Columbian is looking fast today

54/65 And M Schumacher now has two Williams' behind him as Barrichello passes Verstappen for 3rd. Lotterer is having a cracking drive in the Jordan as he moves into a points position, but drops Wilson in the Arrows out of one at the same time.

52/65 Let's have a look at the top 12

50/65 We now have our 4th different leader of the race as Montoya overtakes M Schumacher. Can he keep the pace up??

49/65 The first stops begin for the race. It looks like everyone will be making 2 scheduled stops today

43/65 Sato passes De La Rosa for 9th, but both these drivers have already pitted

42/65 We ride on board with Montoya who has already pitted, M Schumacher is leaving the pits and he's infront of Montoya! Great pitstop by the Ferrari team to get MS out infront

39/65 Montoya is really struggling since that pitstop and his team mate Barrichello passes him for 3rd. Mark Webber became the 5th person to lead the race by the way before pitting on this lap

37/65 Lets have a look at the top 12 after those first stops. Oh no disaster for the Minardi team. De La Rosa has stopped out on track! What a shame for the team, De La Rosa really was getting the best out of that car. It seems as though he was having transmission problems

31/65 Coulthard has had a quiet day so far, but he makes a move on Villeneuve to take 9th

28/65 The race is really starting to quiet down now as drivers begin the 2nd stops of the day

19/65 M Schumacher pits from the lead

14/65 There's a good old battle going on for 4th place between Verstappen, Sato and Webber

13/65 Let's have a look at the top 12 after those stops and M Schumacher still has the lead!

10/65 Webber has been pilling on the pressure on Sato and it pays off as Sato makes a mistake allowing Webber past

7/65 More bad news for Sato as Coulthard passes for 6th

6/65 And we have a new leader as Barrichello outbrakes M Schumacher and takes the lead! Can he hold it till the end??

0/65 And he does as Barrichello continues Williams' succesful start to the season! Thanks for joining as we'll see you again soon

Race Results

Spain - Barcelona
(65 Laps)

Pos Driver Time/Speed

1st Rubens Barrichello 1h 27m 15.394s
Williams-BMW
2nd Michael Schumacher +2.239s
Ferrari-
3rd Juan P Montoya +10.258s
Williams-BMW
4th Jos Verstappen +42.349s
Ferrari-
5th Mark Webber +47.955s
Jaguar-Honda
6th David Coulthard +50.268s
Renault-
7th Takuma Sato +56.867s
BAR-Honda
8th Bjorn Wirdheim +1m 02.757s
McLaren-Mercedes
9th Andre Lotterer +1m 02.843s
Jordan-Honda
10th Ralf Schumacher +1m 03.165s
BAR-Honda
11th Giancarlo Fisichella +1m 04.590s
Renault-
12th Jacques Villenueve +1m 08.215s
Toyota-
13th Nick Heidfeld +1m 11.972s
Sauber-Petronas
14th Kimi Raikkonen -1 Lap
Jordan-Honda
15th Jenson Button -1 Lap
McLaren-Mercedes
16th Timo Glock -1 Lap
Sauber-Petronas
17th Justin Wilson -1 Lap
Arrows-Petronas
18th Heinz-Harald Frentzen -1 Lap
Minardi-Petronas
19th Jarno Trulli -1 Lap
Arrows-Petronas
20th Pedro De La Rosa Transmission
Minardi-Petronas
21st Cristiano Da Matta Didn't Finish
Toyota-
22nd Allan McNish Didn't Finish
Jaguar-Honda

DOTD - De La Rosa - Was surely going to finish in the points in a massively underpowered car if it wasn't for that transmission problem
Fastest Lap - Montoya - 1m18.879
Jaguar on the radio after the race

"Great drive Mark, great drive. Clearly best of the rest hear today. Well done."

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2011 02:19PM by Macca25.
Well that was pretty poor, we seem to be alternating between decent and absolutely terrible at the moment...

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy