F1 Manager - 2004 Main Season Thread - Season Over!

Posted by Twigster151 
Raikkonen on top at rain drenched Silverstone
Jordan's Kimi Raikkonen posted the fastest time at the latest preseason test in adverse weather conditions. Although he wasn't first out of the pits Raikkonen pulled out a miracle lap to find 3 seconds on the rest of field early on in the session which no one, including himself, could get to within 4 seconds of during the rest of the test. Conditions then began to deteriorate very quickly with drivers crawling round 12 seconds of the pace as the checkered flag fell. The top three teams, Ferrari, Williams and Mclaren were the only ones not to test at Silverstone and will instead appear at Imola in the coming days. As a result of the conditions those focusing on pace had a terrible session although those focusing on reliabilty received incredible feedback.

Coulthard showing how bad conditions were as he flies across the gravel on his first flying lap.

Raikkonen absolutely destroying the rest of the field.

McNish showing us just how wet it got towards th end of the session

Silverstone Test Session Official Standings
1. Kimi Raikkonen - Jordan - 1:32.416
2. Pedro de la Rosa - Minardi - +3.120
3. Giancarlo Fisichella - Renault - +3.242
4. Jacques Villenueve - Toyota - +3.457
5. Andre Lotterer - Jordan - +3.651
6. Ralf Schumacher - BAR - +3.769
7. Heinz-Harald Frentzen - +3.876
8. Nick Heidfeld - Sauber - +4.015
9. David Coulthard - Renault - +5.181
10. Takuma Sato - BAR - +7.428
11. Allan McNish - Jaguar - +7.495
12. Timo Glock - Sauber - +7.609
13. Cristiano Da Matta - Toyota - +7.880
14. Mark Webber - Jaguar - +9.614

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Yay! 2nd and 7th...lol.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Schumacher on top as F1 heads down under
Michael Schumacher finished the final preseason test session on top of the timing sheets at the Imola circuit. The German beat the times of his team mate Verstappen and the Williams and McLaren drivers with a time of 1:22.402. The teams who chose to focus on pace received above average feedback whilst those trying to improve reliability only managed to receive average feedback. The F1 circus now heads down under to the Albert Park circuit for the opening race of the 2004 F1 season.

Verstappen sturggling to match the pace of Alonso's McLaren

Barrichello driving his Williams

Schumacher exiting the final chicane late on in the session

Imola Test Session Official Standings
1. Michael Schumacher - Ferrari - 1:22.402
2. Fernando Alonso - McLaren - +0.252
3. Juan P Montoya - Williams - +0.269
4. Rubens Barrichello - Williams - +0.329
5. Jenson Button - McLaren - +0.349
6. Jos Verstappen - Ferrari - +0.731

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Happy with the testing at Imola. Nando was quick which was encouraging. Jenson struggled slightly but he is still getting used to the car.

We were alright in Silverstone, but the rain really didnt help...
Can't remember which i allocated each test focus on ;)

But 8th and 12th is alright

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
1st and 5th, I'm really happy with the performance of Andre and Kimi.
3th and 4th is good...

My GPGSL Career
Williams Deal First Blow in Melbourne
William's Juan Pablo Montoya ended the Friday Practice Session on top of the timing sheets ahead of BAR of Ralf Schumacher with Christian Klien in the second Williams taking the third spot. Other good performances came from Bjorn Wirdheim, Robert Doornbos, Franck Montagny, Ryan Briscoe and Anthony Davidson, who all outpaced their more experienced teamates. Also current defending World Drivers Champion Kimi Raikkonen had a difficult session in his new Jordan, finishing the session down in 12th place.

Montoya taking the top spot

Australian GP Friday Free Practice Official Standings
1. Juan P Montoya - Williams - 1:26.322
2. Ralf Schumacher - BAR - +0.177
3. Christian Klien - Williams - +0.207
4. Bjorn Wirdheim - McLaren - +0.294
5. Robert Doornbos - Ferrari - +0.350
6. Michael Schumacher - Ferrari - +0.406
7. David Coulthard - Renault - +0.736
8. Bas Leinders - BAR - +0.759
9. Jenson Button - McLaren - +0.794
10. Gianmaria Bruni - Renault - +0.832
11. Franck Montagny - Jaguar - +0.845
12. Kimi Raikkonen - Jordan - +1.000
13. Nick Heidfeld - Sauber - +1.095
14. Ryan Briscoe - Toyota - +1.299
15. Alexander Wurz - Sauber - +1.431
16. Mark Webber - Jaguar - +1.447
17. Sasoshi Motoyama - Jordan - +1.535
18. Jacques Villenueve - Toyota - +1.789
19. Anthony Davidson - Minardi - +1.834
20. Heinz-Harald Frentzen - Minardi - +1.980

Setup Reward
1. Ferrari -0.056
2. Renault -0.096
3. Minardi -0.146
4. Williams -0.207
5. Sauber -0.336
6. McLaren -0.500

Well not ideal position to begin the season... hopefully we can do better in qualifying

well done by my guys;)

My GPGSL Career
Not bad going at all :) Looking forward for qualy!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
*ahem*...things can only get better :P

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Arrows Make Surprise Return to Formula 1
It was confirmed earlier today that the Arrows squad will be returning to the Formula 1 grid from the Malaysian grand prix onwards. The news comes after the team failed to find the financial backing in order to enter the 2004 F1 season but now under new management in the form of DStonesF1, the FIA granted the team permission to rejoin the grid in Sepang. At the team relaunch, Arrows were able to confirm that the Arrows A25 will be powered by Petronas engines and will feature former Renault drivers Jarno Trulli and Justin Wilson at the wheel in race trim, whilst Ricardo Zonta will be the teams official test driver.

Just a quick update on quali. I did manage to get it run today but unfortunately the game decided to crash when I exited the session. Hopefully a re-run will be done tomorrow or Friday if worst comes to worst :)

Montoya Takes Pole in Tight Qualifying Session
Once again Williams found themselves on top of the timing sheets as Colombian Juan Pablo Montoya scraped pole position by just two thousandths of a second over a surprise show from Renaults David Coulthard, meanwhile futher down the field pre-season pace setters Ferrari could only manage 3rd and 10th on the grid whilst world champions Kimi Raikkonen and Jacques Villenueve were both out quailfied by their rookie team mates.

Montoya takes the first pole position of the season.

Australian GP Friday Qualifying Official Standings
1. Juan P Montoya - Williams - 1:26.263
2. David Coulthard - Renault - +0.002
3. Michael Schumacher - Ferrari - +0.130
4. Rubens Barrichello - Williams - +0.182
5. Jenson Button - McLaren - +0.308
6. Giancarlo Fisichella - Renault - +0.344
7. Takuma Sato - BAR - +0.406
8. Ralf Schumacher - BAR - +0.474
9. Fernando Alonso - McLaren - +0.515
10. Jos Verstappen - Ferrari - +0.608
11. Nick Heidfeld - Sauber - +0.759
12. Mark Webber - Jaguar - +0.988
13. Allan McNish - Jaguar - +1.082
14. Timo Glock - Sauber - +1.136
15. Cristiano Da Matta - Toyota - +1.145
16. Andre Lotterer - Jordan - +1.215
17. Pedro de la Rosa - Minardi - +1.225
18. Jacques Villenueve - Toyota - +1.252
19. Heinz-Harald Frentzen - Minardi - +1.324
20. Kimi Raikkonen - Jordan - +2.222

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2011 12:10AM by Twigster151.
you see,testing alone at Jerez helped us;)

My GPGSL Career
Also just a word of warning, now that the new season is underway I will be performing activity checks on all the managers, starting midday this Sunday, every two weeks. Managers who have not posted in the thread in that time will be given a warning, two warnings and you will either be replaced by the first reserve manager, or if there are not any reserves you will receive a perf deduction. Warnings will be reset at the end of each season. As for the race I should be able to run it tomorrow and have it up by Sunday as long as I don't run into any problems :)

Well 11th and 14th, i will take that! Points please?

3rd and 10th is not what we've been hoping for, let's see what we can achieve in the race!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Mclaren Qualifying Statement

Could of been better for us but then again it could be a lot lot worse. Should get some good points from there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy