F1 Manager - 2004 Main Season Thread - Season Over!

Posted by Twigster151 
Re: F1 Manager - 2004 Main Season Thread
Date: March 01, 2011 11:15PM
Posted by: Twigster151
pms have now gone out to those of you with completed lineups regard confirmation of your 2004 lineup, current reliability standings and preseason testing so if you can get back to me soon that would be great ;-) I will get round to the other four teams once they to have completed their lineups.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Date: March 02, 2011 10:10PM
Coulthard signs for Renault
It has been confirmed that McLaren reject David Coulthard will not be taking a sabbatical from Formula 1 in 2004 after he signed a reported £15m contract to take the remaining race seat at Renault. The Scot was 'overjoyed that (he) would be racing again in 2004'.

Jordan complete 2004 lineup
Jordan have to completed their driver lineup for the 2004 season with the signing of the young German Andre Lotterer for a fee of £4 million. The team were also interested in several other drivers but it is unknown to press who exactly they were.

McNish and Montagny confirmed at Jaguar
Alan McNish and Franck Montagny completed Jaguar's 2004 lineup today for a combined fee of £6 million. Jaguar are hoping that Montagny can use show his potential as the teams offical test driver whilst McNish can use his potential to bring home the points.

Shakeup at Minardi
After looking as though Olivier Panis and Luca Badoer both had secure seats in the popular minnow team it came as a shock when it was announced to the press that both their contracts have been terminated. Minardi instead splashed out £6 million in order to bring triple race winner Heinz-Harald Frentzen to team as their number one driver who will be accompanied by experienced tester Pedro de la Rosa for a fee of £3.5 million. Rumours say that Jaguar were also interested in the Spaniard but he decided to continue his racing career by making the move to Minardi

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Date: March 02, 2011 10:14PM
Posted by: MDBSnake
Interesting! ;) We will see! I hope Ferrari can (repeat) get the win in Australia!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Date: March 04, 2011 12:42AM
Right, just to keep you updated on whats happening I've have received your testing choices from most (if not all) of the managers now. This weekend I will start compiling the mods and the perfs which hopefully shouldn't take to long as it just involves replacing some files so, hopefully I can get the first one or two tests done this weekend :)

Date: March 04, 2011 12:50AM
Sounds great!
You're really picking this up ever so fast :) Thanks for all your effort so far!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
Date: March 04, 2011 12:57AM
Posted by: truecrysis
MDBSnake Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sounds great!
> You're really picking this up ever so fast :)
> Thanks for all your effort so far!

yup +1, well done and thanks for the effort so far! :-)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Date: March 04, 2011 01:03AM
Posted by: kedy89
MDBSnake schrieb:
> Sounds great!
> You're really picking this up ever so fast :)
> Thanks for all your effort so far!

+1, great work! (Y) Thanks for you effort! :-)
Date: March 04, 2011 06:58AM
Posted by: Macca25
Yer great work mate.

In the words of Joe from Family Guy, "LETS DO THIS";)

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: March 04, 2011 11:16AM

Sorry ;)

Date: March 04, 2011 06:43PM
Your welcome ;)

Date: March 04, 2011 08:28PM
Posted by: Alesi no1
Good stuuff m8..if u want a cud send u all the 2004 tracks ,i updated all the tracks from 2004 a while ago for personel use?
Date: March 04, 2011 08:58PM
Alesi no1 Wrote:
> Good stuuff m8..if u want a cud send u all the
> 2004 tracks ,i updated all the tracks from 2004 a
> while ago for personel use?

Yeah why not :)

Date: March 04, 2011 10:56PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Thanks for running this. Picked up some bargain drivers so lets hope for a few points.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: March 04, 2011 11:57PM
Right perfs are now done and after a few quick simulations with a performance editor the field should be very close together :)

Its also interesting looking at the testing choices with Barce and Silverstone being by far the most popular whilst only three teams attending Imola and just one at Jerez, so those test shouldn't take very long ;)

Now onto the helmets...

Date: March 05, 2011 10:01AM
Posted by: Chris2k6
Wow what's going on here?? Lol sorry I haven't been around, my laptop has lost connectivity for some reason and I can't connect to any networks. Not to worry I thought, I can just use my ps3 to let the lads know right? Well after 4 years of service I got the dreaded YLOD :-( so this is the first weekend away from base where I've had Internet connection. My problems still aren't fixed :-( but it's good to see twigster taking up the reigns. Once I get things sorted I really don't mind returning and supporting/help running it :-) cheers guys and sorry again for not being able to let you's all know sooner
Date: March 05, 2011 11:14AM
Hi mate welcome back :) and don't worry about not be able to tell us whats going on, $@%£ happens ;) Anyway once you're ready again I'm sure something can be worked out ;-)

Date: March 05, 2011 04:51PM
I can now confirm that the mod is up and running smoothly but I am missing the helmets of McNish, Lotterer and Frentzen, I can run preseason testing without them but it would be nice if anyone could point me in the right direction. I am not sure which helmet shape I am using but its the same as the one in the 2004 mod on gp4db. Anyway if all goes well the Barcelona test should be up by the end of today :)

EDIT: haha lol, just after saying that GP4 has decided to start crashing on me. I'll play around with the tracks and settings and see if I can rectify it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2011 05:50PM by Twigster151.
Date: March 05, 2011 06:54PM
Schumacher brothers top the timesheets at Barcelona
The Schumacher brothers made it a family one two with the Ferrari driver taking the top spot and Ralf showing the potential of the 2004 BAR competitor. Raikkonen finished 3rd on his first outing in the Jordan whilst the two Renaults, the two Mclarens and the Sauber of Heidfeld completed the top eight. Also teams focusing on performance received poor feedback whilst those who focus on reliabilty received average feedback.

Defending World Champion Raikkonen setting the pace early in the session

Fernando Alonso takes the McLaren out on track for the first time

Schumacher shows the field how its done

And finally...

Barcelona Test Session Official Standings
1. Michael Schumacher – Ferrari – 1:13.150
2. Ralf Schumacher – BAR - +0.609
3. Kimi Raikkonen – Jordan - +0.616
4. David Coulthard - Renault - +0.878
5. Giancarlo Fisichella – Renault - +1.395
6. Jenson Button – McLaren - +1.267
7. Fernando Alonso – McLaren - +1.273
8. Nick Heidfeld – Sauber - +1.585
9. Jacques Villenueve – Toyota - +1.726
10. Takumo Sato – BAR - +1.734
11. Jos Verstappen – Ferrari - +1.790
12. Mark Webber – Jaguar - +1.901
13. Timo Glock – Sauber - +2.356
14. Allan McNish – Jagaur - +2.578
15. Cristiano Da Matta – Toyota - +2.895
16. Andre Lotterer – Jordan - +2.950
17. Heinz-Harald Frentzen – Minardi - +3.229
18. Pedro de la Rosa – Minardi - +3.243

well we were holding a lot back there, so expect us to be a lot higher in actual races ;-)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Not sure if you noticed mate, but Alonso's car has Kimi's name on the side.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy