GPG Nations Cup - Season 2 Thread <> Provisional Calendar at Page 1 <> Mod build in progress <> Any interested managers still welcome!

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
The GPGNC is an international offline league, bringing together 22 countries to compete for the championship. The rules are as follows (season 2 changes in bold):

Format
The championship is an offline championship. Team owners choose the performance levels of their cars, based on their own personal strategies, and the races are run on the PC of the Race Director, with a full race review posted to the GPG Forums

The Championship
The championship will take place over a full season of circuits - 17 locations designed to test drivers and cars to the limit

The Teams
The championship will consist of 22 teams. Each team MUST be themed on a nation of the world - either the owner's home nation, or one they like for some reason. Multiple cars of the same nation ARE allowed as long as they are owned by different owners, and have different drivers.

The Drivers
The Driver names are a free choice. Real drivers/drivers whose names are relevant to the countries would be preferred, but this is not essential

Carshapes
As agreed by all participating members, one single carshape shall be used for Season 2 of the GPGNC. By popular vote that car shall be the SMD-09a by Snake Motorsports, a link for this carshape can be found at the bottom of this post.

Liveries
The livery of each car must be relevant to the nation the car represents. Limited sponsor logos are allowed, however, they must be of decent taste, and the company must be based, or heavily related to the nation of the car (ie, a UK car might have Yorkshire Tea as a sponsor for example, but not Sony). Each car's livery must be unique, and identifyable. Each livery must also carry the car's number, which in the second season will be allocated by choice of each participating nation. It is preferable that the livery contains the nation name on the rear surface of the rear wing.
Tobacco sponsorship cannot be used, as in some countries images of said products are banned, which may infringe on a managers ability to view the coverage.

Car Performance
Each car will have the same performance, set using the performance file – 850bhp, 1500 reliability.
Any points gained from the season(s) previous shall be used to reduce the reliability of the managers team car AFTER such season has finished. Reliability does not change as the season progresses and shall only be changed in the break between 2 seasons.
Reliability stays with the manager, therefore if the manager is to change participating nation, the reliability is still reduced by acquired points over the last season(s).

Driver Performance
This is where the team owner can really make a difference to his/her fight for the championship.
Each driver will be given a base performance of 16000 for races, and 17000 for qualifying. The team owner is given a ‘budget’ of 8500 points. The team owner may allocate some of these extra points to the qualifying and race performances, up to a maximum of 500 each (ie, the absolute max performance is 16500 for races, and 17500 for qualifying). This limit is imposed in order to prevent runaway races.
Boost deadlines will be at the discretion of the Performance manager, and shall all be sent to the GPGNC account.
Each performance file containing the boost shall be posted before qualifying commences. If errors are found and a session has already been run, a rerun may be called upon to correct the erroneus result.

Race Weekend
Qualifying shall be 40 minutes in length, 22 cars on the track, 4 laps of fuel per stint, and as many laps as possible in the set time.
Race distance shall be set to 66% of full race distance, with 2 mandatory pit stops per race. If a driver does not complete both pitstops, penaltys may be used to correct any erroneus result.

Season 1 Calendar:

Season 1 Final standings:

Season 2 Entrants

Car Number/Nation/GPG User:

#1: Switzerland - John Maverick
#2: Canada - Icky
#3: USA - CaptinFranko
#5: Italy - senna9194
#6: Netherlands - MDBSnake
#7: Austria - Incident 2k9
#8: Argentina - Rod_vs
#9: France - Shep34
#10: Sweden - Willward
#11: Japan - Turbo Lover
#14: Belgium - kenney
#16: Montenegro - Truecrysis
#22: Brazil - NeoLiot
#23: Wales - Johnwarrington
#24: Ireland - Ferrari 2007
#25: Australia - Macca25
#27: Finland - Oensan
#29: Germany - Kedy89
#39: Romania - Reve-san
#42: San Marino - Gigi4
#69: Portugal - X_Acto
#86: England - Twigster151

Provisional Season 2 Calendar

Country/Track/Rain Percentage:

1. San Marino – Imola – 25%
2. Austria – A1-Ring – 15%
3. Belgium – Spa – 50%
4. Holland – Zandvoort – 15%
5. Germany – Old Hockenheim – 25%
6. USA – Piranema – 0%
7. France – Le Petit Sarthe – 15%
8. Argentina – Buenos Aires – 0%
9. Australia – Phillip Island – 0%
10. Italy – Vallelunga – 0%
11. Romania – Hungaroring – 15%
12. Portugal – Estoril – 0%
13. Brazil – Interlagos – 25%
14. England – Oulton Park – 50%
15. Canada – Montreal – 15%
16. Japan – Suzuka – 75%
17. Neutral - Dubai – 0%

SMD-09a link: here
Car Presentation Kit: here

Edited 117 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2011 03:31PM by GPG_Nations_Cup.
Re: GPG Nations Cup - Round 1 - Surfer's Paradise
Date: November 30, 2010 02:17PM
Posted by: harjinator
Can all entrants please PM me their desired performance modifier (ie a number between 0 and 500) before saturday morning please!

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: December 01, 2010 04:15AM
Posted by: Macca25
TEAM AUSTRALIA LAUNCH ENTRY

As one of the leading countries in motorsport and with such a rich
heritage of racing, it only makes sense that Australia be apart of
this ground breaking new championship. Everyone knows it takes
money to be apart of motorsport and with backing from the likes of
QANTAS, MACQUARIE BANK, TELSTRA, VICTORIA BITTER and HOLDEN,
we fell we have a great package to really deliver some great results
in this competition.

Of course all the money in the world won’t breed a successful team
if you don’t have the right personnel around you. With former F1
champion Alan Jones taking charge of the team and an up and coming
young talented GPGSL driver in the name of Nathan McGregor,
Team Australia feel they have everything in place to be a championship
contender. And with the championship kicking off in Australia, what
better way start a year than to win in front of our home fans on the
streets of the Gold Coast.

So without further ado, TEAM AUSTRALIA would like to officially declare
it's entry into the GPG Nations Cup and wish al the teams the best of
luck in this exciting inaugural season.

We will see you all at Surfers Paradise - In our mirrors.

TEAM AUSTRALIA

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: December 01, 2010 09:36PM
Track map for Surfer's Paradise, for those who haven't seen the track before -

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: December 01, 2010 10:38PM
Posted by: MDBSnake
I'm confused by the driver performance ...
There are 8500 points to spend, and 500 per race. There are 17 races and 500x17 is 8500.
So that means you can max in every race just like everyone else? You're not gonna leave it if you have 500 points for every race in the season ...
Other then that, the race perf base is 16000, the qualy is 17000.
You can boost the race perf to a max of 16500 but the qualy max is 17000 and thus not changeable.
Doesn't this mean that when everyone assigns 500 poins to the race perf it's in fact still as equal as before?

Please elaborate on this :) Sorry if I'm wrong!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Date: December 01, 2010 11:24PM
Posted by: Macca25
MDBSnake Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm confused by the driver performance ...
> There are 8500 points to spend, and 500 per race.
> There are 17 races and 500x17 is 8500.
> So that means you can max in every race just like
> everyone else? You're not gonna leave it if you
> have 500 points for every race in the season ...
> Other then that, the race perf base is 16000, the
> qualy is 17000.
> You can boost the race perf to a max of 16500 but
> the qualy max is 17000 and thus not changeable.
> Doesn't this mean that when everyone assigns 500
> poins to the race perf it's in fact still as equal
> as before?
>
> Please elaborate on this :) Sorry if I'm wrong!

I think the idea is, yes you have 500 points to spend on every race but the desicion comes from weather you put it all on qualiy, all on the race or spread it over both parts of the week end.

The qualiy max is not capped at 17000, he was just saying in that example that if you assigned all you point to the race then the max you could have on qualiy would be 17000 for that weekend.

For example you could assign 100 points to the qualiy (17100) and 400 points to the race (16400). By do this you are still only using the allowed 500 points.

Thats what I make of it anyway, I hope that helps.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: December 01, 2010 11:27PM
argh, sorry, my bad. Yeah, max for qually should read 17500 (base is 17000)

I have amended it.

Basically, i did it, so that if you wanted, you could use 250 points in every session over the season, which would obviously give you the same performance all the time (so yes, it averages as a total of 500 points per weekend as you say). however, if you wanted to go mad (for example), you could blow 1000 points in one weekend by having both race and qualli with a 500 modifier. (so 16500 and 17500). This of course, like the engines rule in real f1, could come back to haunt you later in the season.

Hope that's cleared that up - sorry for the typo!

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2010 11:31PM by harjinator.
Date: December 01, 2010 11:59PM
That's a lot clearer now :) Thank you!
Also good to read that you can go 'mad' and spend 1000 points in one race. As long qualy/race don't get added more then 500 each.

Just as example, you can do this for round 1?
Qualy: 17175
Race: 16350
*Using a total of 525 points. (Leaving 7975 for the rest of the season)

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
Date: December 02, 2010 12:01AM
yup, you can do that - shall i note that down as your choice?

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: December 02, 2010 12:12AM
I'm gonna think about what I'm gonna do ;-) Clear out my inbox tomorrow, since it's full and then send my choice :)

One more Q, when you forget/no-time/no internet or whatever reason to send something in, will you just got 0 or a set amount?

Date: December 02, 2010 12:19AM
Posted by: senna9194
Team Italy
First of all,we are glad to partecipate the Nation Cup.We are partecipating in collaboration with TafuroGP,who will give us the crew to prepare the car.For some GPs we will use the SMD-ZG01 chassis,then we will pass to Williams FW15C.About Round 1,we think that will be important to get a good performance,just to see where we are in the field.We have Ferrari engines,and in the tests they prooved to be really reliable.We hope so for the race too.In the end,we want to wish a good championship to all the other partecipants.:-)

My GPGSL Career
Date: December 02, 2010 12:20AM
I'll either set it to base perf, or, i'll just assign 250 to each session. think the 2nd one is a bit fairer - i'll be away myself for 3 weeks over X-mas (going to japan with my fiance), so there'll be a break for X-mas. Hoping to get rounds 1 and 2 done by then, unless somebody else wants to direct a couple of races in my absence??

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: December 02, 2010 08:55PM
Posted by: truecrysis
Team Montenegro Entry

Team Montenegro are proud to announce their entry into this years GPG Nations Cup. Montenegro will enter their first major season in motorsport with a car on the SMD-ZG01 chassis, with the possibility of moving onto a different chassis at a later date. The driver for this initial season of the cup shall be Mirko Vukcevic. Being a new motor racing nation, we will be looking to establish ourselves in racing, whilst hopefully picking up points as we go. It should be fun, so see you all in australia :), whilst hopefully we pick as many of you off as possible ;)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2010 07:24PM by truecrysis.
Date: December 03, 2010 12:31PM
Posted by: willward
Ireland Press Release

Id like to confirm Team Irelands entry into the nations cup the car did some recent testing at silverstone with some good results we hope to get some points here

think i need to sort the alpha out!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2010 12:35PM by willward.
Date: December 03, 2010 03:39PM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
Team Switzerland also proudly officially confirms the entry to the Nations Cups

Team Switzerland will be managed by young driver John Maverick, who will also function as the main driver.
As race-tracks are prohibited in Switzerland, the team will need to test in Germany and Austria.
As you can see on the car, the only sponsor of the Team is chocolate manufacturer Cailler. In fact, the German-Swiss co-production "kult-fernsehen.de", from which Maverick is also a co-owner, will definitely financially support Maverick as a personal sponsor. It might also happen that the enterprise jumps in as team's main sponsor for next season. However, the team has a small budget, yet, why the trips to Hockenheim and the A1-Ring are not really appreciated.
But the team is convinced, that it is a good choice to keep the head office and the factory in Switzerland. Actually, the team already cooperates with "kult-fernsehen.de", in the way that "kult-fernsehen.de" shares their factory, which was built up for being ready when they are able to enter GPGSL, with Team Switzerland.

John Maverick says this:
"Well, we'll see how the season starts. Most teams are starting with the ZG-01 chassis from Snake Motorsports. We also sticked to them, but chose to use another chassis, as we feel this one fits better to the rest of our components. The first few races will show if this was a good decision. We're convinced of the team's possibilities and have high aims. However there's hard competition. All of this guys and teams know how to drive a race car. Our aim for the first season is to be in the first half of the grid. Our car is good, our team is so very motivated, and I'm sure that we can have a good start in Surfer's paradise."

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: December 03, 2010 04:18PM
Posted by: NeoLiot
Team Brazil joins GPG Nations Cup field for 2011

Team Brazil will join the GPG Nations Cup next year after signing an agreement with the series, it was announced on Friday.

The squad was founded by the driver Felipe Antunis, with support from Hot Car Competições, that runs two cars in the Brazilian Stock Car championship.

"I believe GPG Nations Cup is the only championship that can offer a place for those drivers who want to be professionals and that would not be acceptable in F1," said Antunis.

"Their system of prizes and, above all, the promotion for the sponsors makes me believe that they will do an extraordinary championship.

"I am convinced that they have really hit it on the nail and I feel proud to form part of this project and to work with them. The team is ready for this new challenge."

-------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2010 04:23PM by NeoLiot.
Date: December 03, 2010 08:14PM
Reminder - i need performances before qualifying tomorrow

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: December 03, 2010 08:53PM
Posted by: burazel
TEAM TURKEY ANNOUNCMENT

We are very happy to join the GPG Nations Cup.
For the first season, our aim is to score as many points as we can and result some podiums.
Also a victory will be cherry on the cake.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2010 09:08PM by burazel.
Date: December 03, 2010 09:29PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Team Austria announcement:

We are pleased to confirm that Team Austria will be participating in the Nations Cup with our driver Marko Jantscher. We are aiming to make a mark on the series, targeting at least one race win over the course of the season.

Financially we are quite sound, with main sponsorship from Telekom Austria and Red Bull, and have other associations with OMV and the UniCredit Bank conglomerate. We, like many other competitors will be using the ZG-01.

Marko Jantscher, our driver, had this to say: 'This project looks really exciting! The guys have been great, having to deal with such a late entry, but I think we've all bonded really well. The car is very nice to drive, and it looks very striking with the golden nosecone! Let's hope I can bring some glory to this country.'

So, we wish everyone the best of luck for the season ahead - not as much as for ourselves though!

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: December 04, 2010 12:28PM
Posted by: CaptinFranko
Christel Racing Launches GPGNC America

Christel Racing is pleased to announce that it entering the inaugural GPGNC. The car will be based on the snake motorsports W300 chasis and be sponsored primarily by American computer giant apple computers. Team boss and race driver for the season Chris Copeman was present at the launch and seemingly very excited. "This championship presents another fantastic opportunity for the Christel Racing brand to expand further on GrandPrixGames.org it is definitely something that we are taking very seriously. With backing from firms such as Apple, Mcdonalds and Intel we hope to have the financial backing and technical skills to be up there challenging for race podiums and race wins."

The team then presented its first GPGNC challenger, the USA001, painted masterfully by Macca25, to the waiting crowds.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy