I'm new to GP4 and need major help, lol

Posted by 2chance1 
I'm new to GP4 and need major help, lol
Date: October 13, 2010 01:16PM
Posted by: 2chance1
Alright. So my friend came over and he had this game, I told him I've watched YouTube videos and that this game was cool so he installed it and stuff. Anyway. I followed the guide of patching it, putting the decoded/decrypted exe, the other patch, and yet, I still have several problems:

I'm having white boxes and white textures on stuff
My controls aren't working correctly. I have a Logitech Driving Force GT Wheel.

Can anyone help meh? I'd appreciate it! :D
Re: I'm new to GP4 and need major help, lol
Date: October 13, 2010 01:52PM
Posted by: harjinator
white boxes and white textures is a symptom of using the 9.6 patch exe, but not installing the 9.6 patch (or vice versa). try reinstalling the 9.6 patch, and re-copying over the exe. If that doesn't fix it, it's normally a reinstall job in my experience

Can't help you with the controls i'm afraid - in what way 'aren't working' ?

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: October 13, 2010 10:40PM
I calibrate my wheel, but when I go to the controls menu to specify how to shift, gas, brake, etc.. the options are greyed out.
Date: October 14, 2010 01:32AM
Posted by: noncon
For the white cars, you may have to go into graphics options|Advanced, and cycle between Automatic and Manual setting, then see if the white cars now have color.

As for the wheel, I have the same Logitech Driving Force as you do, here is my .con file.

[www.4shared.com]

Just put the file in your GP4 directory, start game, go to Controls|Advanced then choose Load Control Set, locate the file, click OK and it should work.

KJ
Date: October 14, 2010 02:14AM
Alrighty, thanks.
Date: October 15, 2010 02:03AM
I don't understand why the graphics are so buggy in this game. I unticked the TV graphics options and I still get white boxes and untextured objects. I patched the game correctly, too.
Date: October 15, 2010 09:32AM
Posted by: mortal
They are not buggy. If you do a proper installation off the cd, run once-save and exit, then apply the v9.6 official patch, run once and exit. Then you can apply the v1.02 no_cd. Then install gpx_patch and csm. Then if you have white cars in a downloaded mod, it means your in-game graphics are not set to high.
Please post an 800 x 600 screenshot of the fault you have. Use Fraps to take a screen and reduce it, upload via imageshack. Fraps available in my sig.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: October 16, 2010 12:04AM
These graphics still aren't normal. No wonder why everyone is at rFactor, F1Challenge, and F1 2010.
Date: October 16, 2010 02:37AM
Posted by: ramf1v
Dude...your not normal...that's why your at rfactor, F1Challenge, and F1 2010....get yourself an XBox..;.

F1Dev
Date: October 16, 2010 03:25AM
Posted by: auscain
Yeah,
I didn’t respond to this earlier this week because you don’t own the CD.
As mortal said, you need to reload from the CD. Trust me: spend the $40 to $70. It is well worth it. These guys are very passionate about Grand Prix 2-3-4.
They will be more than happy to help.
:-P
Date: October 16, 2010 03:48AM
Posted by: noncon
What video card are you using? Did you try changing video card drivers?

What are your system specs?

Can you post a screen shot so we can see what you are seeing?

KJ
Date: October 16, 2010 12:44PM
Posted by: harjinator
i've told him what causes the issues. Another way to fix is to get the CD, delete anim.wad, cars.wad and GP4.exe and then repair the install. However, a full reinstallation, as mortal has suggested is probably the easiest fix. I used to get it loads, but then realised i wasn't installing the 9.6 patch properly (i thought once it was extracted it was done - obviously you have to go to where it's extracted and run setup)

rfactor is hopeless for f1, f1 challenge (afaik) has nowhere near the support of GP4... and F1 2010... LOL

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: October 16, 2010 01:15PM
Posted by: msater
rFactor F1 is cool, just it's better for touring cars...rF2 is gonna be awesome...

GP4 is the best racing game, it's just such a hassle to get it working on modern systems

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: October 16, 2010 03:09PM
Posted by: ooleeeo
rfactor is a good game,but the AI is terrible.
f1 challenge is midway b/w rfactor and gp4.
also,f1c/rf doesnt have idiotic rules like max 22 cars and 17 tracks.

Kimi forever!
Date: October 16, 2010 10:19PM
I finally got it to work and it's actually a really cool and realistic game. Now I need to find an idiot free 2010 mod that I just drop it and go. XD
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy