RT EDIT in GP4 Tweaker

Posted by mangrove 
RT EDIT in GP4 Tweaker
Date: June 13, 2010 01:38PM
Posted by: mangrove
Thanks to MDBSnake I was able to adjust my settings (helmet, steer, tyre pos) in-game using RT Edit of GP4 Tweaker. I thought visual adjustments can only be done in TeamEditor. Anyway, i just want to share this 'cool' feature for those who havent tried it yet, here's how,
1. Open GP4 Tweaker and go to the categories' Onboard Camera Pos/Helmet, Steer../Tyre Pos (those categories with RT EDIT).
2. Just check the box next to RT EDIT (including helmet, steer..)
3. Play the game either in GP4 Tweaker or GPXPatch (I did it here)
4. Pressing Tab multiple times will bring you either to helmet, steering wheels, tyres (message appears on screen)
5. Choose what you want to edit and the adjustments will be 'real time' (H,K,U,J,I,M)
6. Exit the game, open GP4 Tweaker and Export to a folder to save your settings.

No need to look for a pen and paper and write the values one by one. Haha. Really Cool!
Re: RT EDIT in GP4 Tweaker
Date: June 13, 2010 09:14PM
Posted by: Madman271
Just an addition, the steps above are done from GP4 Tweaker launcher program (gp4tweak.exe). There's a different way for those who use stand-alone GP4 Tweaker DLL module or ZaZ CSM with built-in GP4 Tweaker enabled (correct me if I'm wrong).

1) Find a file called gp4tweak.ini on your GP4 game folder. If it's there, edit with a text editor (e.g. Windows notepad). If don't, skip these following steps and enjoy something else. ;)

2) If you want to edit/adjust Onboard Camera positions, look at the following lines (and set them to 1 as shown below):
OnboardCamera   = 1  ; set to 1 to enable onboard camera position tweak
OnboardCamEdit  = 1  ; set to 1 to enable onboard camera position edit mode

3) If you want to edit/adjust Onboard Camera angles (wider or narrower views), look at the following lines (and set them to 1 as shown below):
ViewAngleCam    = 1  ; set to 1 to enable onboard camera view angle tweak
ViewAngleEdit   = 1  ; set to 1 to enable onboard camera view angle edit mode

4) If you want to edit/adjust Driver Helmet positions, look at the following lines (and set them to 1 as shown below):
HelmetPos       = 1  ; set to 1 to enable helmet position tweak
HelmetPosEdit   = 1  ; set to 1 to enable helmet position edit mode

5) If you want to edit/adjust Steering Wheel positions, look at the following lines (and set them to 1 as shown below):
SteerPos        = 1  ; set to 1 to enable external steer position tweak
SteerPosEdit    = 1  ; set to 1 to enable external steer position edit mode

6) If you want to edit/adjust Driver Arms positions, look at the following lines (and set them to 1 as shown below):
ArmsPos         = 1  ; set to 1 to enable driver arms position tweak
ArmsPosEdit     = 1  ; set to 1 to enable driver arms position edit mode

7) If you want to edit/adjust Cockpit Steering Wheel positions, look at the following lines (and set them to 1 as shown below):
CptSteerPos     = 1  ; set to 1 to enable cockpit steering-wheel position tweak
CptSteerPosEdit = 1  ; set to 1 to enable cockpit steering-wheel position edit mode

8) If you want to edit/adjust Cockpit Dashboard positions, look at the following lines (and set them to 1 as shown below):
CptDashPos     = 1  ; set to 1 to enable cockpit steering-wheel position tweak
CptDashPosEdit = 1  ; set to 1 to enable cockpit steering-wheel position edit mode

9) If you want to edit/adjust Tyre Wheel positions, look at the following lines (and set them to 1 as shown below):
TyrePos         = 1  ; set to 1 to enable tyre position tweak
TyrePosEdit     = 1  ; set to 1 to enable tyre position edit mode

Run your GP4 game and launch any session (practice, qual, race). However, it's a good habit if you perform real-time editing not in race session, otherwise you'll probably finish at last! ;) During RT-edit mode, press TAB key few times until associated edit mode shown on screen, e.g. If you want to edit helmet position, press TAB until "HELMET POSITION EDIT MODE" shown, then press H (left), K( right), I (up), M (down), U (forward), J (backward), V (centering), and Q (reset to original position). If you don't like these HKIM things, these key-mappings are defined in {GP4 folder}\gp4tweak_data\keybind.ini in the case you want to choose another binding (beware to not conflicted with other tools such as GPxPatch).

Your modifications are automatically saved/updated to associated *.ini files within {GP4 folder}\gp4tweak_data folder when exit from GP4 game. Be sure to re-edit gp4tweak.ini and disable (set to 0) all corresponding tweak keys with Edit word suffix such as OnboardCamEdit, ViewAngleEdit, etc -- but keep the primary keys (OnboardCam, ViewAngle, etc) intact to ensure your modification takes effect next time you run GP4.

Good luck, everyone.

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: June 13, 2010 09:18PM
Posted by: vesuvius
woah Madman is back :o nice to see you back! hopefully this will be more permanent comeback and we may even see some new gp4tweaker or other stuff in the future?:)
Date: June 13, 2010 09:22PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
Yeah he is back, we missed you since the tsaunami, hope everything is ok with you and family

secretly hope for development of tweaker :-)
Date: June 13, 2010 09:46PM
@vesuvius and bigbrother:
Well, a bit off topic; I missed lots of discussions. I saw many great screenshoots from GP4 and lots of modders has join the scene. There's also many new great tools coming while the "ancient" ones are getting better, more useful and offers many new features which are unthinkable in the past. Perhaps I'm a little bit conservative but for today I think GP4 is near complete on many aspects. Geoff should proud about it. The question is; what's new or improvements that can we put to GP4? Yes, F1 now comes with more teams (and more cars), but GP4 does not friendly for additional slots, so we may say farewell for this "dream". ;)

Date: June 13, 2010 09:55PM
great news madman :) and indeed gp4 is quite complete and developed hugely since the release of 2002 and I have been happy enough to seen this all happening with first gpxpatch tool,carshape editing breaktrough and after that track editing become reality :) what more could be added for gp4? well individual steeringwheels and helmetshapes for all the teams etc, if I remember right you did have some ideas about this few years ago, when your forum was still activate and we betatesters gave lots of ideas and so on :) of course now there is talk in realgpx.com/gpxpatch forum about possibility to make new tv-styletimings for current 2010 standards and of course new qualifying rule would be amazing add on for gp4 ...those are my ideas that could be developed (including also more teams and tracks of cours hehe) =) I'm sure others have similar and maybe few more ideas as well.
Date: June 13, 2010 11:26PM
Posted by: ralv585
Welcome back!

You've been missed!

I remember asking you way back to add loads of features like head movement in t-cam and rain on every cam, and you put them in :)

What would tweaker have been like if you'd carried on after the disaster?

Good to have you back and well :)

Date: June 14, 2010 02:48PM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
Great to see you here once again Madman, your an inspiration to so many of us.
Date: June 14, 2010 03:57PM
Posted by: mortal
Welcome back m8. :-) Topic pinned to the FAQ.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: June 14, 2010 05:56PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Yes, its excellent to see you here again!

As Vesa said, stuff like different helmet, tyre and steering wheels per team would be a great feature. Maybe some form of the knock-out qualifying system as well, if that is remotely possible.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 14, 2010 06:57PM
Posted by: mansell92
Cool, a real GP4 community legend returns! :)

For 2010 and pre-1994 mods, I'd like to see some kind of effective way to prevent refuelling but have the AI change tyres sensibly when they need to. That would complete it for me, to be honest.
Date: June 14, 2010 07:40PM
Different steering wheels (in cockpit view mode) per driver/car was already on my to-do list, and now I put it in the top of development phase. TBH, I never knew the helmet shape is identical among drivers! Because the concept is no big differences with steering wheels, I put it on top of to-do list as well.

There's some missing parts that I need help from you guys. For shortening my time, what does the filename (or data in a filename) that actually used by GP4 to store cockpit 3D steering wheel and driver's 3D helmet stuffs (shape, textures)? Secondly, is there any recommended steering wheel and helmet shapes mod that can be downloaded? I need any of them that has different look (in shape view) than a default one that came with original GP4 game. I'll use them only in my testing purposes.

For qual rules, I think the 2010 rule still adapted from 2009, right? I mean there has four knockout session, where in each session the last fifth (in best lap times) are out and put to the last grid. Correct me if I'm wrong. I need more details about 2010 rules before decided whether it is possible or not to be implemented in GP4.

For 2010 rules about refueling (prevent refueling but allow tyre changes), I'll take a look at the old code (tweak about time adjustment during pitstop) about this one. I think there's no difficulties for it, I can put 0 seconds for refuelling time and prevent fuel to be added to the car. The only small problem in my mind is perhaps I should prevent the refuel crew to be animated during pitstop. It just a cosmetic problem, but I'll take a look at it.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

P.S.
I forgot to mention, right now I rewrite the dirt visor code. From now on, the dirt does not shown based in time (which is unrealistic when the visor get dirty while car just standing still all over the time), but by car speed. I also has a plan to add different dirty look on each helmet visor for different driver and also different dirt texture during rain condition.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2010 07:54PM by Madman271.
Date: June 14, 2010 07:52PM
Madman271 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Different steering wheels (in cockpit view mode)
> per driver/car was already on my to-do list, and
> now I put it in the top of development phase. TBH,
> I never knew the helmet shape is identical among
> drivers! Because the concept is no big differences
> with steering wheels, I put it on top of to-do
> list as well.
>
> There's some missing parts that I need help from
> you guys. For shortening my time, what does the
> filename (or data in a filename) that actually
> used by GP4 to store cockpit 3D steering wheel and
> driver's 3D helmet stuffs (shape, textures)?
> Secondly, is there any recommended steering wheel
> and helmet shapes mod that can be downloaded? I
> need any of them that has different look (in shape
> view) than a default one that came with original
> GP4 game. I'll use them only in my testing
> purposes.
>
> For qual rules, I think the 2010 rule still
> adapted from 2009, right? I mean there has four
> knockout session, where in each session the last
> fifth (in best lap times) are out and put to the
> last grid. Correct me if I'm wrong. I need more
> details about 2010 rules before decided whether it
> is possible or not to be implemented in GP4.
>
> For 2010 rules about refueling (prevent refueling
> but allow tyre changes), I'll take a look at the
> old code (tweak about time adjustment during
> pitstop) about this one. I think there's no
> difficulties for it, I can put 0 seconds for
> refuelling time and prevent fuel to be added to
> the car. The only small problem in my mind is
> perhaps I should prevent the refuel crew to be
> animated during pitstop. It just a cosmetic
> problem, but I'll take a look at it.
>
> Thanks for the feedback, guys.
>
>
> @mortal:
> Thanks. ;)

woah nice answer, me likes :)

I'm not sure what is the steering wheel shape in gp4 (but maybe for cockpit view it's included in cockpit shape?) but surely it's stored inside the cars.wad as is helmet shape and all textures (driver1_1 to driver23_2 ) steering wheel texture is called stwheel.tex , I'm sure someone can give better answers to this one :)

there is soon to come schuberth and bell helmetshapes by DaIMon (full helmetset textures included) and there is alrready released arai helmetshape by MDBSnake and ppit released bell helmetshape a while ago :) I have these files in my hard drive, if needed :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2010 07:54PM by vesuvius.
Date: June 14, 2010 07:52PM
Posted by: senna9194
Madman271 Wrote:
> list as well.
>
> purposes.
>
> For qual rules, I think the 2010 rule still
> adapted from 2009, right? I mean there has four
> knockout session, where in each session the last
> fifth (in best lap times) are out and put to the
> last grid. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I need more
> details about 2010 rules before decided whether it
> is possible or not to be implemented in GP4.
>
> For 2010 rules about refueling (prevent refueling
> but allow tyre changes), I'll take a look at the
> old code (tweak about time adjustment during
> pitstop) about this one. I think there's no
> difficulties for it, I can put 0 seconds for
> refuelling time and prevent fuel to be added to
> the car. The only small problem in my mind is
> perhaps I should prevent the refuel crew to be
> animated during pitstop. It just a cosmetic
> problem, but I'll take a look at it.
>
> Thanks for the feedback, guys.
>
>
> @mortal:
> Thanks. ;)

there are three sessions:Q1,Q2,Q3

into Q1 the last 7 drivers are "deleted",same in Q2,so in Q3 there are just 10 drivers to fight for the pole position.

in 2009 it was almost the same;the difference was in the number of drivers "deleted" into Q1 and Q2(in 2009 last 5 drivers)

in 2008's first 4 races the number of drivers deleted into Q1 and Q2 was of 6.

Also,these are the times of the three sessions(if i'm not wrong,those are the times used since 2009)

Q1-20mins
Q2-20mins
Q3-10mins

really nice to see you here again:-)

My GPGSL Career

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2010 08:13PM by senna9194.
Date: June 14, 2010 08:47PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Madman271 Wrote:
> list as well.

Yes, there are three main helmet makers that supply the field - Arai, Bell and Schuberth.

> purposes.

For 2010 helmet shapes, MDBSnake has released the Arai GP5-RC shape. [www.grandprixgames.org]
DaiMOn is currently working on the 2010 Bell and Schuberth shapes. [www.grandprixgames.org]
For testing purposes, you can download 2004 versions of Bell, Arai, Schuberth and Sparco helmets here: [www.gp4db.com]

The helmet files are in the cars folder of the cars.wad. The shape is 'car_helmet_00.gp4' and the textures are 'driver1_1.tex' (side) and 'driver1_2.tex' (top, HANS, visor etc.). The mapping will be different between the 2004 and 2010 helmet shapes.

For steering wheels, I am less certain, especially for cockpit view - so I'll let someone else explain it a bit clearer.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 14, 2010 09:50PM
Posted by: gezere
All the files regarding internal steering wheel are in the Subfolder "cockpit" (after to have extracted the cars.wad)
but don't hope a 3D shape from the original cars.wad. It's only 2D....
Anyway it's not really the matter. some good 3D shapes could be available easily.

In this same folder you can find also the cockpit shape.
Can I add it would be great to have also the possibility to get specific cockpit shape...

Nice to see you around Madman :)

Date: June 14, 2010 09:54PM
gezere Wrote:
> All the files regarding internal steering wheel
> are in the Subfolder "cockpit" (after to have
> extracted the cars.wad)
> but don't hope a 3D shape from the original
> cars.wad. It's only 2D....
> Anyway it's not really the matter. some good 3D
> shapes could be available easily.
>
> In this same folder you can find also the cockpit
> shape.
> Can I add it would be great to have also the
> possibility to get specific cockpit shape...
>
> Nice to see you around Madman :)

ank6n is working on with some 3d steering wheels for cockpit and t-cam view here : [www.grandprixgames.org] [gp4hardware.blogspot.com]
Date: June 14, 2010 11:09PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Thanks for this thread, much better than previewing with Teameditor and translating for GP4Tweaker.

Glad to see you back, Madman! (Y)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: June 15, 2010 12:59AM
Posted by: schroeder
great to see any progress on gp4 tweaker after all this years.... ;)

all internal steering-wheel things are inside the cockpit subfolder of cars.wad :
cockpit_wheel.gp4 as shape; steering_wheel_centre.tex and steering_wheel_ends.tex as textures. it would be nice to be able to get team-specific textures for the steering-wheel.
but in my opinion change of the steering-wheel-shape is not essential needed, as the steering wheel is not shaded in cockpit view, so you don´t really realize any difference between 2d and 3d. (but if you are already on the way...)

as bernard said, it´s more interesting to get different cockpit-shapes for the teams. car_cockpit_00.gp4 in cars.wad.
maybe this fact can help you for researching the code (maybe you already know): when changing cars in cockpit-view the front-suspension of each different car is rendered "behind" just the same cockpit-shape.

matt

btw: looking forward to see some more of your amazing surprises like in the past...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2010 01:02AM by schroeder.
Date: June 15, 2010 09:53AM
Posted by: fongu
Great to have you back, and wow, isn't it exciting that you're working on these things already :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy