Track crashes

Posted by haki386 
Track crashes
Date: April 21, 2010 12:58PM
Posted by: haki386
I have downloaded and installed many of the new tracks, such as Bahrain, China and Valencia but they always crash part way through a Grand Prix. By that I mean the screen freezes. It can happen at any point during a GP distance and only happens for the new tracks not updates to existing tracks. The only new track it does happen at is Turkey.

I have tried three or four different versions of Bahrain and it happens on each one. I can re load the game from my last save but it keeps on happening.

Anyone got any ideas? All help appreciated.
Re: Track crashes
Date: April 21, 2010 01:18PM
Posted by: mortal
Try running gpx in high verbosity, sometimes that is known to fix a ctd.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 21, 2010 04:36PM
I have tried running low, medium and high in the past with no luck but will try again. Found a 2009 last night so will give that a go. Strange that it just happens on new tracks though.
Date: May 02, 2010 01:13PM
Tried the 2009 track in high verbosity and makes no difference. On Bahrain I usually get to about lap 17 or 18 before the screen freezes. Frustrating. It may be dull to watch in real life but I enjoy racing at Bahrain in GP4.
Date: May 02, 2010 07:16PM
Posted by: charliewatts55
Yea any help with this would be great. It alway happens at Bahrain and Valencia, it never happens at Abu Dhabi though. One time i did the whole Bahrain race and it crashed on the slowing down lap! It's a strange problem, it always happens under braking and when i load the file up again and don't brake it doesn't crash! Strange.
Date: May 02, 2010 08:03PM
Posted by: phantaman
check your power supply :p

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: May 04, 2010 12:18AM
Well just happened to me again (under braking as it happens) on the back straight at China (leading on lap 48 as well). Not sure it only happens under braking though all the time. Pretty sure it doesn't. Annoying though. The new tracks are good to drive and I haven't finished a race yet. Happens to me at Bahrain, China and Valencia. Never at Turkey for some reason.
Date: May 05, 2010 02:01PM
Posted by: macnative
Processor: intel core 2 cpu quad

take ctrl alt del in game

processes

gp4.exe

affiniti

I have to put 2 cpu out

It Works for Me
Date: May 05, 2010 03:27PM
macnative. Thanks for the advice. I am not technically minded. Could you explain what you mean. I understand down to and including gp4.exe but then I don't what you mean from affiniti onwards. Sorry to be dumb.
Date: May 07, 2010 11:36PM
Worked out what you mean but didn't work. Unmarked all the CPU in turn but still crashes. One thing I didn't mention is that when the screen freezes, you can still hear the revs. Thanks for trying.
Date: May 08, 2010 01:42AM
Posted by: tumyeto
uses version 1 of Bahrain 08 created by f1 virtual, you will have no problem. Other versions include a problem detected in gp4 builder therefore unusable
same problem for all version of valencia.
shanghai 08 normally no problem
Date: September 13, 2010 07:13PM
Posted by: hagar147
Hi haki386,

I'm having the same problem on lap 22 of the Malaysian GP, the Sepang version is the 2007 one. All the issues you described are there: going well for a couple of laps, then freezing when braking for a corner. Like you I still hear the revs but can't do a thing.

Did you manage to solve the problem?

Greetz,
hagar147
Date: September 17, 2010 12:32AM
Posted by: noncon
Hard freezes are almost always caused by hardware, or overheating. Try opening up your case for ventilation, update sound and video card drivers if that doesn't work.

Don't forget to check Windows Event Viewer to see what was going on (on your system) when the freeze occurred.

KJ
Date: September 28, 2010 10:59PM
Posted by: pippo46
hei mate

I have a similar problem as you have, but ONLY in Singapore 2009 Track! & it SEEMS thatwe both have same issue when GP4 FREEZES!!

[www.grandprixgames.org]

That is where I explained my problem!

Regards
Date: September 30, 2010 01:47PM
Posted by: gp4life
I have the same problems too with the following tracks: sakhir, nurburgring 2006, shanghai, melbourne 2006
I don't think that this crashes are caused by the hardware, because they happend on three different machines.
Maybe it has something to do with the slot, in which the tracks are running, because I made some strange experiences. If I run the 2005 F1 Season an play Sakhir, after ~20 Laps, the screen freezes. If I run the same track with the 2006 F1 Mod, everything works fine. No Freeze. Same for Shanghai: 2005 fine, 2006 crash.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2010 01:48PM by gp4life.
Date: October 01, 2010 06:10AM
Posted by: Charles Bronson
Basically, it happens the same with me. Yesterday I was racing at Shangai 2006 and right after my pit stop (lap 39) the problem happened. Actually, it didn't happen under braking, but under acceleration.

After that, I tried something different: I retired from racing and selected accelerated time. Surprise, surprise: after 44 laps, the same problem happened.

It's a little bit strange because I race on Hockenheim '06, Imola '06, Interlagos '06, Montreal '06, Sepang '06, Hungaroring '06 and it never happened to me...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy