GPG SuperLeague - S4 Over! WDC Matt Houston! WCC Velox! Season 5 Vacancies. JOIN NOW!!

Posted by GPGSL 
brunoboi schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't forget the Testers!
>
> As I know many people are starting to think about
> drivers for next season already, I just wanted to
> remind team owners that there is a boot full of
> talent currently sitting in the tester seats. I
> think it would be great to get some of these
> enthusiastic and quick guys up into race seats
> next season!

Wow, that is a very honorable statement. I suppose I speak in the name of all testers, when saying that I appreciate that very much.
I'm definitely too new for a race seat, but some of the guys here have an incredible speed and will be an enrichment for every team.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
I wonder if it would be nice to mix things up and have a combined list at the end of the season with the top drivers covering all the main league and testers, and then only the top 22 performance guys of the combined list can compete for the following seasons main races.

This would give the other half of the field a chance to roster up performance points and thus be more ready to compete better in the main league for the next season.

It would also shake things up a bit more, a lot more.

We end up with testers who are actually a LOT faster than the main league guys, but never get the chance to have a main race.

So why not give them that break by introducing an end of season performance clause, a promotion and relegation system to keep things fresh.

Most of the main guys will stay, but for the sake of teams (including my own in previous seasons) adding random new drivers, we should take priority with testers.

And maybe a rule stating replacement drivers in the main team MUST come from the tester pool.

A bit like having to earn your racing licence, no leapfrogging straight into a main role.

Just an idea to keep things fresh!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Thanks so much, guys!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
danm schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder if it would be nice to mix things up and
> have a combined list at the end of the season with
> the top drivers covering all the main league and
> testers, and then only the top 22 performance guys
> of the combined list can compete for the following
> seasons main races.
>
> This would give the other half of the field a
> chance to roster up performance points and thus be
> more ready to compete better in the main league
> for the next season.
>
> It would also shake things up a bit more, a lot
> more.
>
> We end up with testers who are actually a LOT
> faster than the main league guys, but never get
> the chance to have a main race.
>
> So why not give them that break by introducing an
> end of season performance clause, a promotion and
> relegation system to keep things fresh.
>
> Most of the main guys will stay, but for the sake
> of teams (including my own in previous seasons)
> adding random new drivers, we should take priority
> with testers.
>
> And maybe a rule stating replacement drivers in
> the main team MUST come from the tester pool.
>
> A bit like having to earn your racing licence, no
> leapfrogging straight into a main role.
>
> Just an idea to keep things fresh!

A good idea in theory, but this way activity doesn't get rewarded. If someone brings good performance as a tester AND is active here as well, he'll get his chance in a race cockpit sooner or later.
If just the best 22 drivers get race cockpits, there again will be people inside that won't be very active but don't have to worry as they are under the best 22 drivers.
And a teamboss who keeps racedriver that is a lot worse in perf-files than another tester, is stupid.
So a good tester will most likely get his chance, even in nowadays system.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
The trouble with that is seats in the main league do not come free very often - it is mostly a case of seat shuffling between those already there.

As regards to activity and being rewarded, everyone is in the same boat! Tester AND main drivers, so rewarding someone over activity is not even a way to settle it! Lol.

The point is someone could be stuck in a test role for season after season. Sometimes, even just one season in three or four, they got a chance to race with the main guys, would be fair!

There are some testers in the series who have been here AGES and are unlikely to have a main seat unless a vast number of main drivers simply quit or relegate themselves to a test role.

It isn't so much a case of 'the best drivers get the best seats so they will not be as active as they made the cut'. They too will be reliant on activity checks the exact same as everyone else! It goes deeper - the best drivers are usually those who have stayed longer, accumulated consistent good results, and sent boosts to stay quick. If you have half the main series on their toes and very active, and the other not so active, why can't we mix things and allow those working actively in the tester series to be put into some sort of combined ranking to see how they compare - it would also gives teams a nice insight into who really is good and bad.

Wouldn't it be better to have the 22 top guys overall?

Those just outside that top 22 for the main league will thus then be forced into a tester role, and join the test series. They would be the slowest of the main division, but one of the fastest of the testers. With consistent results over a season of testing, they would then be more likely to make the top 22 cut the season after, and shake things up, probably finishing up the top end of the field, challenging those constantly in the points, forcing them down the rank.

As those guys sink, they might then find themselves outside the top 22, and forced to spend a season in the tester series. That would be a year upping performance points, only to make the cut again, and return to the main series - should they be relegated in the first place.

It is just an idea to keep things fresh and allowing more opportunity.

I just think it is very samey, the same sorts of people are finishing in the points, same bunch of teams etc. That alone wouldn't bother me, but it is the fact that realistically, nobody else stands a chance. Once you have the edge, you keep that edge

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
The GPGSL will be discussing at a later date what changes we will introduce for Season 5. Marko is away at the moment and when he's back we may start some preliminary planning talks. The proposals put forward are quite good. Your ideas are appreciated. :-)

It's an unwritten rule that any new race driver must come from the test driver pool. That's what it's for. The test driver series also gives more of you the opportunity to participate in the GPGSL without the GPGSL having to run another full blown spin off league, even though, in theory the test series is like another league as the test drivers earn points and compete for placings. (AFAIK two vacancies remain).

V7.0 CSM Test Mod
I've just finished Ben Johnson's (L7) helmet and inserted to the mod. The maze of driver swaps has been sorted. Will be upped in an hour or so.
The Interlagos Brazil test session after tea my time, or a bit later. Hang in there.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
First of all, damn what an absurd amount of changes! Hopefully I did not make any mistakes now ;-)

Updated Boost Tables - Brazilian GP

*Notes

- Matt Houston and Rodrigo Vilela max out their boosts
- 1/4 of all the drivers using a boost here!
- Only two teams using boost here in the Brazilian GP
- Two teams have reached their boost cap, MPR & VSM. Phoenix is most likely to join them soon, as they have already used 20 points now
- Phoenix keeps on going using a boost, using 2 points here though means they will not be able to use it every race this season. Only 4 points left, 6 races to go! And we keep on talking about Phoenix! Lalalalalala! The perf-poster was right that something was going to be said about it! This time it's even two notes ^^

GPGSL Round 11 Brazilian Grand Prix Interlagos Test Session

Welcome to Interlagos for the test session.
After winning Round 10 at Hockenheim Velox look good to dominate here this weekend. Lucky 7 debuts their new test driver Ben Johnson and Raymond Buijs returns to the track testing for TNR.

Weather Report
Fine, sunny and dry as an Arabs sand shoe. No dogs sighted on the track.

Due to unforseen technical difficulties, the Race Director has reduced the session duration to 30 mins.

Session Green

Rookie Ben Johnson waits for the all clear from the Lucky 7 pitcrew.

First out onto the track is Kevin Schroeder.

Buijs back on track.

Velox sets the benchmark as Maverick goes to the top.

Vilela makes use of his boost.

\

Dan Mills in the queue.

Rodrigo Vilela second.

Davies currently in fourth place.

Charrel "Iluvaseatswap" Jalving.

Davies makes it a Velox one two!

Session ended.

That's it for the Interlagos test session. Stay tuned for the official results from the GPGSL.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
GPGSL Round 11 Brazilian Grand Prix Interlagos Test Session Official Results

both drivers at the bottom of the standings:-(

p.s.i've noticed the hidden note from gpgsl guys about phoenix's boosts;)

My GPGSL Career
fantastic 3rd place from me. Fantastic! Didn't expect this. hot
Wow, my testers are doing wonderfully again! You're both rocketing up the championship standings, well done!
The test mod upload is delayed until tmrw, I found a couple of bugs and it's a bit late to do anything now.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
The VSM car is simply not good enough *sigh*

Wouldn't be too many 'turkey subs' would it? :-)

3rd and 6th. We seem to like that position. Well done Florian, great drive mate :) and Jethro, nice solid start as well. Keep it up guys.

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
18th for the love of god!! Not happy with that I can only apologise to the team. I really need to get my head around this boost system and how to use it.
13th and 19th was to be expected at DXR.

MPRs were good once again. Keep it up guys :)
woo i will take not last on my debut.
wow the boosts have done nothing for me so far :(

-----------------------------------
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy