Ask Geoff

Posted by mortal 
Re: Ask Geoff
Date: December 19, 2009 12:32PM
Posted by: CarlosTex
I don´t believe that´s Mr. Crammond at all. I think at least he would answer some of our questions. If that´s him it was like, hey i made the game gave a lot of work and headaches you bought it and have it, what do you want from me more? Give me a break. That doesn´t seem an english man attitude.
Date: December 19, 2009 02:15PM
Posted by: racingstefan
mangrove Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Codemasters will release the F1 2010 next year in
> PC platform. If some of us will not be happy with
> 11 teams & 17 circuits, we have an alternative in
> a complete package coming soon.

I don't know what you're thinking, but you can't compare a commercial aimed arcade game with GP4 ;-)

Date: December 19, 2009 04:13PM
Posted by: mangrove
Im with you on that Stefan but just like what Lo2k said and I quote, 'we just have to pray for Codemaster to give us something close enough to a simulation'. And yes, who knows? Let's wait for their PC game and then make a final verdict.
Date: December 20, 2009 12:56AM
Posted by: super__alonso
It will be crap and we can't change it because its going to be unmoddable
Date: December 20, 2009 10:54AM
Posted by: Lo2k
GP4 was also designed to be "unmoddable".

Date: December 20, 2009 11:23AM
Lo2k Schreef:
> GP4 was also designed to be "unmoddable".

Yes, but Codemasters will be bringing "new" games every year, so it won't really be any good to mod the game..

Date: December 20, 2009 01:50PM
With Campos, US, Virgin, Lotus plus the rest all running at the same time in detailed Singapore or Yeongnam circuit, I bet you're going to have a cd of the Codemasters, nobody will know anyway. ;-)
Date: December 20, 2009 04:09PM
Posted by: Hologide
If this is truly Mr Crammond, I'd be very, very interested to know what he does now!

Having not released a game for 7 years, he must have surely moved into a new career?
Date: December 20, 2009 10:28PM
Posted by: mortal
Last I heard he was doing the 'washing up' for Nora, his lovely wife. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: December 20, 2009 11:02PM
I think this discussion about Geoff Crammond is getting out of hand. Let's give him our utmost respect and leave his name alone.
Date: December 23, 2009 11:39AM
Posted by: Zero Wolf
mangrove Schreef:
> Codemasters will release the F1 2010 next year in
> PC platform. If some of us will not be happy with
> 11 teams & 17 circuits, we have an alternative in
> a complete package coming soon.

I have played CMR Dirt2 and i gotta say it was the first racing "sim" that last less than 1h on my computer compared to Richard Burns Rally that it's still on my cpu since it was released back in 2004, same is with gp4. I'm not that much into graphics but i want physics to be on gp4 or RBR level or better not like in CMR Dirt2. And i hope that they will not repeat the same mistake in their new F1 "Sim"
Date: December 23, 2009 11:51AM
If physics will not be good 11 teams and 17 circuits will not suffice.
Date: December 23, 2009 05:18PM
Posted by: madotter
GP4 + Physics... Wtf!? GP4 is no more a sim than F1C was. Yes, it's good to play and it looks nice but all this talk of "it won't be as good as GP4 physics" are just stupid. GP4 does not have good physics!!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I love and have been playing GP4 since day 1, and I always will but lets not kid ourselves when it comes to realism.
Date: December 23, 2009 06:02PM
Posted by: n00binio
imo the physics files for gp3 and gp4 cover everything that would be necessary to describe the behaviour of racing car. the only problem is, that the physics engine/implementation in the game/whatever you want to call it, is not that good.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: December 23, 2009 06:29PM
madotter Schreef:
> GP4 + Physics... Wtf!? GP4 is no more a sim than
> F1C was. Yes, it's good to play and it looks nice
> but all this talk of "it won't be as good as GP4
> physics" are just stupid. GP4 does not have good
> physics!!!!!!!
>
> Don't get me wrong, I love and have been playing
> GP4 since day 1, and I always will but lets not
> kid ourselves when it comes to realism.

F1C and a sim??? Drives almost as crappy as rFactor :|

Date: December 23, 2009 09:08PM
You're missing my point... None of the are SIMULATIONS. They are games, good, bad, decent, whatever. GP4 is and always will be like a train simulator but it is a good game. Like I said, I have played it since release and always will but the physics are not great.
Date: December 23, 2009 09:13PM
Posted by: Lo2k
I somewhat agree with Madotter, physics aren't that great, you just have to watch a crash replay to immediately notice that everything's wrong. Anyway they are descent enough to make you believe you're driving a F1 car most of the time so it's ok.

Date: December 23, 2009 09:53PM
Exactly. I love GP4 and what this forum has done for mods has made it a game no one will put down in a hurry.
Date: December 24, 2009 12:38AM
Moderator, all i was trying to say is that the car behavior in Dirt 2 is not so good compared to RBR or GP4. The car is just too easy to drive and it's not behaving enough realistically
(my opinion). And i didn't say that the car behavior or physics in gp4 is good or the best but it is definitively better than in Dirt2 and the new F1 game will by made by Codemasters same as Dirt2. So this is my point, new F1 game must have better physics or car behavior than Dirt2, i mentioned GP4 and RBR because i think they have decent physics, car behavior not because they are the most realistic games ever, far from that.

Lo2k: "'we just have to pray for Codemaster to give us something close enough to a simulation'. And yes, who knows? Let's wait for their PC game and then make a final verdict.

It Seems that I'm not the only one saying that Codemasters should do better race sims.
Date: December 24, 2009 01:33AM
Posted by: Naboo
its "madotter" dearie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy