GPG Super League - Season 3 (finished): Pre-season 4 winter test LAGUNA SECA online - S4 Calendar at p163

Posted by GPGSL 
Another fantastic session! Wasn't expecting this kind of performance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2009 05:59PM by Jolkins.
Bloody hell ! A WIN ! :D Finally i won a race again since the W300 departure. WOOT :P Ryan, brilliant car mate, thanks for this. the team did a good job, specially with Rick in 5th ! :D Leading both drivers and constructors is more then what i've hoped for :D Kevin did great in 3rd :D Too bad for Jethro. At least you scored a pole positions which proves the fact i've signed a great driving pair. :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Yikes, 20th and 21st in practice for VSM. Hope it's better in qualifying. I got me a good setup for this! :)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Great, I'm liking this. Got back into my stride! Looking forawrd to qualigying and race, hope I can be as successful!

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
the VSM car however worked ingame for fast alonso. look at the screenshots on page 4.(of this thread)

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Well, I think Mortal should contact fast Alonso (he's really fast today ;)) then hehe ;-)

Final Suggestion. Mal, go to the global vars and stuff and make sure the name for the VSM team is VSM because that's another case that it will not work. I've named the LODs as VSM so the name in Global Vars has to be VSM aswell
I used a normal wad that I updated manually and still got the car like I took the screenshot of it...

racingstefan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I used a normal wad that I updated manually and
> still got the car like I took the screenshot of
> it...

Hm... Let me try it 2nite and see what I get
Will there be an official IED car release Ryan?

--------------------------------------------------

-GPGSL Career- Starts: 64 Points: 237 Wins: 3 Podiums: 8 Poles: 2 Fastest Laps: 2 Best Result: 1st (Mal + Bra GP S3, Jap GP S4)
Most consecutive races without DNF: 23
racingstefan Wrote:
> Well, I think Mortal should contact fast Alonso
> (he's really fast today ;)) then hehe ;-)

Yeah, I've sent a PM to him earlier today.
BTW, my comment wasnt a dig at anyone for not making it work.
LOL, I couldnt have made it work myself, didnt even know that lods had to be renamed via gp4 builder.;)
Just pointed out that it worked for one.

Rob said that he deleted the files after he took screens, but that he didn't change anything from the pack. It worked immediately for him.
Kev, maybe the first pack - that you sent to fast alonso- was different?

GPGSL career;
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2009 10:16PM by BAR#10.
I've found the problem!

Kev, would it be possible if you could send me the PSD to the VSM car?

And Your Helmet aswell.

It seems you've saved it in a different format therefore it's coming up distorted.
BAR#10 schreef:
> racingstefan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Well, I think Mortal should contact fast Alonso
> > (he's really fast today ;)) then hehe ;-)
>
>
> Yeah, I've sent a PM to him earlier today.
> BTW, my comment wasnt a dig at anyone for not
> making it work.
> LOL, I couldnt have made it work myself, didnt
> even know that lods had to be renamed via gp4
> builder.;)
> Just pointed out that it worked for one.
>
> Rob said that he deleted the files after he took
> screens, but that he didn't change anything from
> the pack. It worked immediately for him.
> Kev, maybe the first pack - that you sent to
> fast alonso- was different?

Well, you start up GP4Builder and open up car_team_carx_lod_x.gp4 and then go to "Tools" and then "Rename Textures". There will always be 2 textures there called CARLIGHTMAPCH2.TEX and CARLIGHTMAPCH3.TEX, these must be there if it's a car. Besides those 2 there will be more textures, but that depends on the car. For the VSM car there will be the textures Carbon.TGA and VSM.TGA. Normal textures must have .TGA behind it. When you have the hi_VSM.tex, Carbon.tex and the .gp4 files inside your cars.wad the car will work fine. The "hi_" is never in the name in GP4Builder, or the texture in the wad is called hi_hi_VSM.tex ;) When the car is showing up white ingame, then the name of the texture in the cars.wad is different from the name inside GP4Builder. So you go to the rename textures menu and you find out that the name of the texture in GP4Builder is not what you want, it's called VSM_GPGSL.TGA and you want VSM.TGA (this is just an example). So you remove the _GPGSL part and press Apply. Then you save the .gp4 and do it whit all the other lods. If you don't understand, tell me and I'll explain it to you via screenshots :)

Now lets get the VSM car fixed and lets go ;)

Thanks for the expertize, Stefan, but I don't have GP4 builder(and obviously don't use it otherwise):-)
Maybe I will someday.
I did think that "manually" renaming lod files,tex to synchronize it with config settings and team folder name (within the CSM mod ) would be enough, but obviously not. I get the gp4builder concept you explained.
I wasn't aware of this tool, or its role/procedure when it comes to making cars (work ingame),that is.

Anyway, yeah, let's get it fixed and put the show on the road.;)

GPGSL career;
The globalvars is correct, trust me. ;-)
TSS has arrived in Germany, but will not be running, files rec'vd are one tex and cars1 & 2 lod0 only. Car is white. I'll need working files, same for VSM. Until then, no Hock session.

Original VSM upload by Kev. [megaupload.com]
TSS upload (filenames to be TSS to match globalvars).[www.megaupload.com]

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
mortal Wrote:
> The globalvars is correct, trust me. ;-)
> TSS has arrived in Germany, but will not be
> running, files rec'vd are one tex and cars1 & 2
> lod0 only. Car is white. I'll need working files,
> same for VSM. Until then, no Hock session.
>
> Original VSM upload by Kev.
> [megaupload.com]
> TSS upload (filenames to be TSS to match
> globalvars).[www.megaupload.com]

Mal, I found out that the Vars aren't the problem after I posted that message. I checked it on my system and I got the same problem as you guys. The problem is that TGA file that was saved was a different internal version compared to the PSD so it didn't show up :)

If i get the PSD of VSM and Kev's helmet, it's all good
The PSD is in the original upload by Kev. I think I need a full set of lods for TSS as well.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2009 01:14AM by mortal.
I'm looking at TSS now and will be at the VSM very soon.

TSS Sorted :)
File is sent and hopefully soon ready!
I´m really sorry for all the trouble, but I´m not very good at doing these things. I can paint that´s all...and in three cars that I´ve painted this year for the series there had to be one mistake :P nothing really comes without any kind of trouble, but sorry again!
Hopefully it`s all good now and we can concentrate on the race :)
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy