Personal F1 Challenge Conversion

Posted by Ferrari2007 
Personal F1 Challenge Conversion
Date: June 06, 2009 12:18AM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Yo

Quick question, I'm looking to make a personal conversion of a F1Challenge mod but the original .mts files are locked. Obviously this is to stop the work being stolen by others. My issue is I need to open these files in Zmodeler.

Does anybody know how to unlock a .mts file, I know many consider this to be leeching, but as I said this is a personal conversion, nothing else, it will be for my own use only. I would contact the original authors but I have no idea how I'd get in contact with them.

As this may be a controversial topic people can pm me a tutorial if that's easier. I don't want to start any leeching arguments here. So please don't start, I don't want to see my topic getting closed.

Dan

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Re: Personal F1 Challenge Conversion
Date: June 06, 2009 12:45AM
Posted by: Excalibur
I think you can unlock the MTS files with 3Dsimed sim editor...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: June 06, 2009 01:00AM
Posted by: Excalibur
You can try the demo version here: 3DsimEd sim editor

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2009 01:00AM by Excalibur.
Date: June 06, 2009 01:36AM
Posted by: pimpones1
yep.

open the .MAS files with mas explorer, then use 3dsimed to pick the parts.. export ´em as 3ds files use the parts on z modeler, and export as gp4 file.. do the magic on gp4 editor and its done.
Date: June 06, 2009 03:15AM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
If I open the locked .mts files with 3dsimed they just don't appear, perhaps it's because I'm using the trial version

I've tried with unlocked files saving as .3ds and then saving as .gp4 but that just crashes GP4Editor

Is there no simple tool to unlock .mts files?

Thanks for the advice guys

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: June 06, 2009 09:20AM
Posted by: mclarenfan09
For unlock .mts file i use this tool

*Link removed*

(Ask by Mp if you want it Ferrari2007)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2009 12:16PM by mclarenfan09.
Date: June 06, 2009 10:55AM
Posted by: Dahie
If the files are locked, I'd say it's because somebody didn't want to have it converted. So I suggest to contact him for unlocked files. instead of ripping him …

Website | Blog | Twitter | CTDP: Site Blog Twitter
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy