Cars 2009 .. you believe that? $ 499.00 and salt for any pocket!

Posted by psic0tico 
[www.the3dstudio.com]
I prefer to wait for cars Fongu, Gezere, Racervieh, Craig and Raulongo that are free and much better!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2009 05:33PM by psic0tico.
damn, look at the discount they give รถ

F1Champs.net - F1 Manager Game (WIP)
Nothing wrong with charging money for 3d models. Do you know how many hours and free time modelers spent in 3d cars?.
Those modelers you mentioned are just nice guys doing something for the community. I would also respect the decision if they would charge money for their models.

1c,2c,3c, Sorry I don't have a Cent sign Oh wait A Quarter! AWESOME!!
I wonder if they've bought any rights from the teams or Bernie to produce these? If not, Bernie will be on their ass pretty soon...
does someone has courage and money to buy it?
For so much money the models should be more accurate in configuration and details.

I checked two cars and the models have quite many differences from the real cars.

See for yourself Ferrari F60:

the real F60:

and the 3dstudio.com version:

the real BMW:

now, see the lower nose edge, the different body configuration under and rear of the nose cone and the different shapes of front wing flaps,
at the 3dstudio.com version:

I expect more accurate modelling if someone has to pay for it.

"Cyberacer"

my GP4 works
videos of GP4 with 2009_Physics_and_V8Torque(18000rpm)
Music bands I listen to: C:REAL and KELDIAN
i wonder if any1 has waisted there money lol

we can buy our own 09 mod ;)

To be honest if I made half of that on any of my cars I'd be happy!

just some thoughts for non-modders here:

- commercial models are on the market for years, usually ranging between $99 to $200
- most of them are horrible bad, inaccurate or all of them
- depending on the effort the pricing is cheap!

The one linked above did at least 4-5 cars in the past 4 weeks, so you can't expect to much accuracy, as the cars had to be done quickly, to be available quickly. Still it's not the worst I have seen. Still, the price is quite low, if the car is done properly by professionaly it can easily be 2-3 times the price. That's the worth of a proper model, that we modders do for free here!

Website | Blog | Twitter | CTDP: Site Blog Twitter
Hey wake up..... its not a @#$%& 3d model for a game... its a just a toys..... Why you compare... toys with mods from Fongus!?!?!?!??!?.... Its normal to pays 499$ for 11 toys cars...
I know its much too high poly for a game, that's why theres a smiley after my comment. I thought toys were something I could grab with my hands...

just to know... you use this "toys" for what? just to see it on 3ds max or wherever?

-------------------------------------------
does anyone know of anyone that actually has bought one of those f1 models? what could you use them for anyway?
2009 F1 Red Bull RB5
[www.the3dstudio.com]
is a pity that these models cost the eyes of man ...
even though they do not want money for people to look ...hehehehehehehehe
honestly, it's a shocking how badly that model is made that they expect people to pay for it. Just wait for a much better free GP4 model from your friendly GP4 modders ;-)

kaid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nothing wrong with charging money for 3d models.
> Do you know how many hours and free time modelers
> spent in 3d cars?.
> Those modelers you mentioned are just nice guys
> doing something for the community. I would also
> respect the decision if they would charge money
> for their models.

doukouris Wrote:
> For so much money the models should be more
> accurate in configuration and details.
>
> I expect more accurate modelling if someone has to
> pay for it.

i agree with kaid but i also agree with doukouris, for that price i would expect more acurate cars, especially helmets, they are very, very, very inaccurate.

i was trying to make some 3d models for helmets, but i'm just a beginer so i thought about paying a professional to make them so i could share it with all the community, but i would expect very accurate models for prices like that

anyway, if some people have the money to pay for them it's their own decision
Those 3d models there are not the same you guys do here. Those are probably around the 500K polygons mark. It's a whole different ball game to what a game uses. They do not make it for games...they make it for use in high quality videos...for those, game shapes are way too low resolution.
Joe_Satriani Wrote:
> Those 3d models there are not the same you guys do
> here. Those are probably around the 500K polygons
> mark. It's a whole different ball game to what a
> game uses. They do not make it for games...they
> make it for use in high quality videos...for
> those, game shapes are way too low resolution.

What Joes says, sounds to me like +1 that "they should make models of high accuracy" especially if they are to be used in high quality video.

But for what reason and how do they make high quality video, out of computer 3d models?

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy