GrandPrixGames SuperLeague - Test Driver Vacancies! - Off Season - Shape poll results P193

Posted by Nickv 
hmm its great that this is still going
Kudo's to all!

Except... why do i still suck!?

GPGSL WDC Season 4
BAR#10 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You were not a part of second session, Stu, half
> the grid(actually 11+1 took part in 1st, others in
> 2nd.
> Every team had only one driver in every session,
> only Paddock and Caranti drove in both. Did you
> not read the report?;)

With 6 pages to read, I must confess I skimmed a few lines and obviously missed that bit ;)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
GPGTV LOGO, anyone?
Could anyone make a GPGTV or/and GPGSL logo so that we could use it ingame via gpxpatch?
Just an idea.

As far as old liveries for race one goes, Mal, we will need a new mod though in correct new order or -rearranged old one -though.

The way I did testing was using old mod, but with new perf file,so that Minardi guys were actually driving Alpha cars (but ofcourse with Minardi perf file points and BHP), so it said Minardi in TV timings and was okay because I used no screenshots.

I think it's time to make a calendar.
A start in Melbourne, right? But then what? 15 other track to name.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
I've asked people in the second post the of the thread to send their favourites. I have received the enormous number of zero replies though :P
I will send my three favourite, Nick, to get the ball rolling for the calendar.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Haha.
Actually I can rememeber Mal asking that too a while ago
Send 14 tracks to him, he said. Dunno if anyone did.
See that's what I'm saying when things get lost in one mega thread's shuffle. We'd need an entire forum and a new topic for this;)
Everyone should name 10 tracks so the 16 with most votes get in?
And let's say at least 15 people must vote within a week to make it count.

/and ran race thread separately with *spoilers* in the title
//kidding

GPGSL career;
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
I asked for three tracks. Maybe that's too little. I guess asking 6 would do. So msater, could you send another three? :P
Right, maybe 10 or at least 8 nickv so that votes wont overlap and we'd get less than 15?
Oh and Melbourne is confirmed for a start so to speak, so leave it out.

GPGSL career;
Fine, let people send 10 votes then :P
I will let you in on an important secret. If were just a driver or team owner I probbably would not(edit: scratch that sentence, I probbably would let it know anyway), but I am in the GPGSLRS, making things fair;)

Apparently teams will be on different setups on different tracks and thus favoured! Since I tested things (2-3 tracks) I know where we would be disadvanataged it. (at least one track)

It's a GP4 thing and so far I have not receive an answer if it is at all possible to change it. Altough it may be little random too as our setup on Barca changed in session two.

Basically a team slot becomes hugely important. At least for close perf files but not always. Seems random but not always.
Thankfully Melbourne was announced before we knew that.

But you can test other track and vote based on that.
Again I know it, so I'll share it, that everyone will have a chance for a vote on suppoesed advantage, otherwise I'd be the only one voting for
track that favours us.
Altough I wont bother with testing for every track.
And it is sort of random and not for sure, dunno how long in the season will it matter.

GPGSL career;

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2009 03:51PM by BAR#10.
But nobody knows which kind of setup he has, so he can just vote for his faves.
There is a way to find out;)

GPGSL career;
But people shouldn't :P Also, if it does appear to be random, all's fine. And one rear wing isn't that much of a difference anyway.
meh you know what, this is the closest thing to influencing and making your car that suits the tracks, heh, being a constructor.;)
Altough you're right in a way, we did a much better time than Phoenix with same setup (and Janis had almost as high perf file as me)
And funilly set up changed, when i did session two. We had 13 then 14.

GPGSL career;
some good testing results for both alpha and shadow, and thanks for supplying the drinks dan! ;)

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2009 03:07PM by SchueyFan.
4 testing offers now, I'm still considering them all, I'm mostly waiting to see if this "testing" championship goes ahead. Disappointed that I can't get a race seat over rookies, but meh.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

I vote for Rio de Janeiro (Jacarepagua) circuit :) It must be in the calendar, its RaltWests HOME TRACK! ;)

Get other people to vote for it too then. Start a campaign or something :P

In case all else fails: I also take bribes ;)
I vote for Austria (havent tested it) and regardles even if it sucks for us, as is as I said before "the next best thing to my home race"

/Altough this time I hope we use Ed's highres update and not default one.
//and I guess we should have as much of home races for drivers/teams as possible so I second Bruno.

GPGSL career;
You do need to make a choice. It's either voting for faves, or giving as much home tracks as possible. You can't have both.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy