GrandPrixGames SuperLeague - Test Driver Vacancies! - Off Season - Shape poll results P193

Posted by Nickv 
For testers, I'd like Jethro (Turkey Machine)
Well, Its up to the drivers to decide with which team they sign offcourse ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
I'm not saying who I want, who I want has been contacted. It's all part of the fun

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
Gaulty schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not saying who I want, who I want has been
> contacted. It's all part of the fun

Speaking of fun, guess who are back?

Ricardo van Smirren suspected of bribing

Ricardo van Smirren is suspected of handing out bribes to various persons. Van Smirren proposed reintroducing the test drivers championship. His idea got rejected by GPGSLRS member Nick van der Voort, because there were too few potential test drivers. Soon after Van der Voorts statement, millions of potential test drivers started popping up. Anonymous sources say that they have seen Van Smirren with a big bag with a coin-like substance in it. Scientists say the content of the bag was indeed coins.

A woman saw Van Smirren opening the bag and handing over some coins to strange people in black rain coats. She said 'all those money being transferred. It was so much. Van Smirren also said something to the man. I couldn't hear what he exactly said, but I did hear 'take this money and show up'.'

This scandal will damage Van Smirrens reputation heavily. The Press strongly believe that the described situation did occur.

Signed,

The Press
The Press can not be made responsible for any thing that can be caused by untrue articles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2009 09:58PM by The Press.
ItalianEnglish Racing Press Release

Team boss Ryan Gault has announced that allegations involving bribary with current driver Ricardo Van Smirren are not true and will defend his cause. He was clearly seen eating in the ItalianEnglish Cafe at Monza.

We are asking Van Smirren to refrain from commenting at this awkward time.

GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
6 Time Race Winners
@ Ryan, well i sneaked away after a while, I dont rlly like the food our cooks produce... :$ Mabey a point for next year?

I would like to send a statement out. Im not guilty on the above accusations. I have asked various people about theire thoughts of these series and i asked them if they would like to join when there comes an Test championship. and Tadaa :D Oh and what i said to the person in a black raincoat (it was rlly raining heavily :|) was: "If you take this series serious you could try to show up". Now if further accusations will come online i will call my lawyer! RIDICULOUS. muaha... erm i mean hehe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2009 09:59PM by Rico.
I said shhh, you know our lawyers are cra..oh hi, we'll check on that chef. I think I fired him anyway, he burnt the kitchen just after you left.

6 Time Race Winners
I've had 3 offers from teams who want test drivers. Shame they can't offer a race seat, but no decision's been made yet. :)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

you can clean my house, and feed the dog if you cant find a job.

Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> you can clean my house, and feed the dog if you
> cant find a job.

I'll clean your mansion, and then after you go out, i'll change the locks and you can go some where else ;)
Team RaltWest is looking for test drivers. We want test drivers that know how to be ecologic saving energy, water, the green planet it is ;)

Re the test drivers. If you drive in the GPGSL, you shouldn't be a test driver. Test series can go ahead as long as there is enough bums on seats for a full grid. Current teams only, so technically each GPGSL team will have two GPGSL drivers and two test drivers. If new teams enter it is no longer a test series.
No screens except the qualy and race results. Stoopid is doing RD with me, GPGTV style coverage for the main series.
I think there's still drivers looking to get into the GPGSL so team owners have a look there first.
We can still go ahead using ghost drivers for unfilled seats (driver#1 etc.) and fill remaining seats as we go, those drivers would not earn points. There would just be a bit of extra work editing the results is all. A post could go up in the GP3 forum looking for test drivers, there's a thought, might get some interest from there.
The testers perf requires its own manager, who is up for the job? As far as I know, Marko does the GPGSL perf with Stoopid. After each test session, edit the excel file, post the new perf and the results table, maybe an hours work there.
It's not a problem if team owners have not updated liveries when I run the first race, liveries can be updated later. Send your helmets/cars to me at mortal.www.grandprixgames.org@gmail.com and pm me as well.
I know there's guys waiting for me to send them their current cars, please pm me on that with your email addy. I still haven't found time to do the re-install so please be patient, I'm flat out here at home putting in a pool. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2009 12:41AM by mortal.
I`m interested in a seat as test driver. so if that testing thing takes place i`d be happy to share my endless knowledge on racing.
If there are to be two testers for the test league, then I think I have found a full team - pending! 3 confirmed at the moment... awaiting my number one reply!

TN Racing FTW!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Phew! 5 pages to read!

This series is really taking off. Could we do this testing series with 11 drivers? One for each team and only count the eleven testers and not their team mates? If that makes sense ;)

Love the Alpha livery Ed :)

Nice to see I was in 8th place for the first test session, don't know what happened in the second LOL

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
You were not a part of second session, Stu, half the grid(actually 11+1 took part in 1st, others in 2nd.
Every team had only one driver in every session, only Paddock and Caranti drove in both. Did you not read the report?;)

re, test series
11 sounds better, and no ghost drivers aka driver#1. Less perf points, cause you're not actually racing "just" driving test laps, besides think of the tester series less than as a series, but more like drivers test shootout for a place in team for the GPGSL.

But the point of the test series and the big question is, will teams actually choose the driver with better perf file or make a choice by different standards?
Keeley almost did not get a seat and she was 4th in GPGSL WDC, f.e.

/the GPGSL series has really taken off a long long time ago, Stu, off season thread however always makes record breaking pages per day.
//I just wonder how many people read this, that are not participating.
///viewcount, Mal?;)

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Mal, isn't the point of the test drivers that they only run in the FP on Friday?
Yes Nick, that is correct. But in a way it is a standalone series.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Ah I understand now. I thought you wanted to run it entirely seperately, basically setting up a whole new series.
Dont want to be doing that, keep it simple, just post the results screens is all. Got enough work to do as it is. :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy