GrandPrixGames SuperLeague - Test Driver Vacancies! - Off Season - Shape poll results P193

Posted by Nickv 
GPGTV.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
TESTING in BARCELONA, January 5th, 12 drivers from all teams took part in the second 20 minutes session

Raltwest' Andrew Fuh on top of the world in the late afternoon testing session!

Barcelona - GPGSLRS have done it again, ordering teams to resume and finish test session today in sunny Barcelona! Drivers who did not get to jump into the car were delighted, not so much the team bosses who wanted some lunch.
Nick Van Der Voort had to satisfy his hunger with cornflakes and milk he had in his car. Anyway Jorge Caranti was allowed to run again after a complaint from TN was filed about his ruined lap, while Dan Paddock ran again so that all teams would be present.

Team Shadow looks to be back, which should make Tom happy as John Warrington set the early fastest lap. Caranti improved compared to his fist session, while the world champion Phillip Oakley struggled with the high downforce finishing disappointing 10th.

Setups were different, MPR had now 14 on rear wing, while Phoenix and Raltwest got 13, Minardi and DER 15, others 14. Very strange.

Mal Stoddart emerged motivated and eager to outperform everyone, Miss Grant was quite impressive on the track in her stint proving she deserved to keep her seat in the series.

Ed Greenhalgh, Ricardo Van Smirren and Marko Aleksander were - as Americans would say - "shooting the sh*t", meaning debating and watching the session drinking Martini in the MPR garage on - Dan's expense.
Paddock unfortunately did not repeat his showing from earlier on, altough the set up may have cause that.

It was Andrew Fuh who stole the show and came on top with 1:30,318, with Warrington not far behind, and Stoddart third.
Raltwest's owner Bruno Castello started jumping up and down, shouting in joy. Testing in Spain is now over.

Testing times Barcelona, 2ND SESSION

1. A FUH -RALTWEST 1:30,318
2.J WARRINGTON-SHADOW 1.30,409
3.M STODDART-PHOENIX 1:30,515
4.M SANTILAL-DOUBLE F 1:30,528
5.K GRANT-TN 1:30,567
6.R GROENENBER- IER 1.30,586
7.B VAN HET BOLSCHER - DER 1.30,667
8.J CARANTI-TN 1.30,734
9 B NEILL-ALPHA 1:30,804
10 P OAKLEY- MINARDI 1:30,831
11 M HOUSTON-VELOX 1:30,998
12D PADDOCK -MPR1:31,354

Testing times Barcelona Session One

1. M ALEKSANDER - MPR 1:30,293
2. E GREENHALGH -SHADOW 1:30,435
3. K SCHROEDER - MINARDI 1:30,465
4. M SMITH - DOUBLE F 1:30,471
5. R WINSTON - ALPHA 1:30,517
6. N VAN DER VOORT- VELOX 1.30,648
7. B CASTELLO - RALTWEST 1.30,664
8. S INGERS - DER 1:30,774
9. D PADDOCK -MPR 1:30,875
10.R VAN SMIRREN -IER 1:30,986
11 J EGLITIS -PHOENIX 1:31,073
12.J CARANTI -TN 1:31,172

EDIT: copy pasted test one session so that you won't have to look back for times.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2009 08:00PM by BAR#10.
Matt! Get your act together! ;)
Oh dear, the new champion isn´t performing up to scratch...

Nice one, Mal, looks like we´ll have a nice season!!

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
BAR#10 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> GPGTV.com
> --------------------------------------------------
> ------------------------
> TESTING in BARCELONA, January 5th, 12 drivers
> from all teams took part in the second 20 minutes
> session
>
> Raltwest' Andrew Fuh on top of the world in the
> late afternoon testing session!
>
> It was Andrew Fuh who stole the show and came on
> top with 1:30,318, with Warrington not far behind,
> and Stoddart third.
> Raltwest's owner Bruno Castello started jumping up
> and down, shouting in joy. Testing in Spain is now
> over.
>

LOL. coming true! ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2009 07:58PM by Bruninho.
Nice to see I'm 0.4 seconds faster than my teammate. But there's still a lot of work to do on the car to be competitive again.

--------------------------------------------------

-GPGSL Career- Starts: 64 Points: 237 Wins: 3 Podiums: 8 Poles: 2 Fastest Laps: 2 Best Result: 1st (Mal + Bra GP S3, Jap GP S4)
Most consecutive races without DNF: 23
BAR#10 Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------
> Ed Greenhalgh, Ricardo Van Smirren and Marko
> Aleksander were - as Americans would say -
> "shooting the sh*t", meaning debating and watching
> the session drinking Martini in the MPR garage on
> - Dan's expense.

Quality mate haha :)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
im gutted about my pace but im happy that Rick showed his quality' s... .... ... finally ;) Philip did a good job we didnt drive for times on the 2nd day with Minardi. Kevin did tho. And to be honest, we are so happy to have him in our team. His feedback is fantastic and so are his race abillities.i cant wait to see him racing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
I completely agree with what Rico said about Kevin. He is an asset to Minardi. :)

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Nick put the "Barcelona testing results are online" in the headline, if you will.
Guys we still have the setup issue, click here

[www.grandprixgames.org]

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Guys i need a little help.
Need the template for the visor and top part of the helmet.
Its not included in the old download section and in the first post of the thread.

Kind regards
J-C

07 No Tsm Track Pack__GPGSL08 Mod__range">97 TeamArt
Tutorial how to compile a No Csm Mod
listen up folks, i think we are ready for it...

A testdrivers championship. I mean look, weve got a couple of members of last season without a seat and a couple of newcomers wanting to enter the series somehow. Season 2 is a good time to start a testers pool. The can get the free practise and get half the points that we can score (due to the likely impossibillity of 22 testdrivers). Like i said they could use the Free practise and we dont need screenshots for it. Not a lot anyway. THe Race irector COULD do it without any screenshots. then its just a matter of accelerated time, and post the results.

What do you guys think?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
I think it could work without the screenies that is. It wouldnt take more than 10 mins for the RD to run and post this on the forum.

-GPGSL Career- Starts: 64 Points: 237 Wins: 3 Podiums: 8 Poles: 2 Fastest Laps: 2 Best Result: 1st (Mal + Bra GP S3, Jap GP S4)
that could be a good idea. I mean many racers from last season are out of drives and there are new dudes coming in. we could do a FP session and help the new comers gain perf points. After that someone can jump on the best one and get him to your team et voila, your champions ;)
Rico.

What the hell were you doing in MPR's garage? Expect a fine for that.

Oh and you were drinking Martini.

Erm, nice result in testing team nonetheless.

Edit : The test driving idea sounds like a good plan. Does not take up forever to do and gives the un-signed/new kids drivers a chance.

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2009 08:25PM by Gaulty.
I've sent PMs to everybody on the waiting list who hadn't shown up for a while. I've got two replies from people who were interested. Two others on the list haven't been active since November. That leaves 6 interested people. IMO not enough to start a testers championship.

Expect ghosts getting kicked out too. I reckon at least 3 people will be kicked out this season due to the more strict rules. If suddenly a lot of interest is gained, we can start thinking about testers. But 6 (or 3, if 3 get into a race seat) people is just not enough.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2009 08:27PM by Nickv.
Nickv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've sent PMs to everybody on the waiting list who
> hadn't shown up for a while. I've got two replies
> from people who were interested. Two others on the
> list haven't been active since November. That
> leaves 6 interested people. IMO not enough to
> start a testers championship.

What's the minimum in your opinion?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2009 08:26PM by van keeken.
11 or something. That everybody has a tester (on average). That would certainly make it more interesting than a 6 man championship.
Oh, the irony, one of those who wasn't active since November just sent me a PM saying that he's still interested :P
well thats 7 already ;)

I'm also looking for a drive, so if someone can put me on the list? thank you :P

And no i'm not someone who's f*cking with more accounts, I also drived in WGP/W300.

Name: Redmer Postma

Cheaters never win, and winners never cheat!!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2009 08:36PM by Schumaster.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy