Date: May 11, 2009 04:03PM
Posted by: anynomous
thanx fongu:-)

Dont blaim me for my english im just proud that im from the Netherlands
Greetz Nick
Re: [Tutorial] How to build lower lods.
Date: October 02, 2009 09:42PM
Posted by: spoodge
I'm getting an "internal error 500" on all the rapidshare links for GP4_Renamer.rar, :( could be a temporary server error, but i'm itching to get going with this tut.....can anyone mirror ?
Only other place I could find it was gp4itlia, but it's not in the database upgrade yet.

tia

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2009 09:46PM by spoodge.
Date: October 02, 2009 10:15PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Spoodge@ Here is a link to the tool: [rapidshare.com]
Date: October 02, 2009 10:30PM
Ok now this is weird, that's 3 different rapidshare links, and I'm getting the same error message for them all.

ErrorMessage: Error:I O: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: [rs442.rapidshare.com]

This could be my bumhole ISP blocking RS grrrrrrrrrrrr

I use jdownloader and it say's the file is there.

Thanks jcaranti, the problems got to be on my end, is there any chance you could post it as an attachment ?

sorry to be a pain.....
Date: October 02, 2009 10:47PM
Posted by: Lo2k
I just got the file by using the second mirror link on first message of the whole thread if it could help you track down the problem.

Date: October 02, 2009 10:56PM
Hmmm , I must be getting blocked then, I have all three links in my dl manager and they all report the same error. Same with Firefox and IE.....
Got to be my ISP :(
Date: October 02, 2009 11:13PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Try this one: Megaupload

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: October 02, 2009 11:20PM
Got it....thanks Excalibur
Date: October 03, 2009 04:24PM
Posted by: kewell_fever
*post removed*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2009 04:32PM by kewell_fever.
Date: October 05, 2009 07:08PM
Thank's for the tutorial Excalibur, I learn't a lot about car's and texturing, this is a big help to someone new to modeling.
Date: October 05, 2009 07:22PM
Glad to see it is useful but I will update this tutorial for 3DPhoto Browser and modifiy some parts.
thanks ;o)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: October 05, 2009 07:32PM
Cool, look forward to it, the only part of the tutorial I struggled with was the texturing, I didn't know you had to flip the textures, but when I found the "Reverse All Textures" in GP4Builder the lightbulb came on lol ;). Classic noob error ;)
Date: October 05, 2009 07:34PM
Hahahaha... Yes, you're right for the textures, I will precise it in the future update ;o)

Date: April 01, 2010 12:52AM
New update that I wanted to share with you for a long time.

So, Part 2 is updated and show you how to make the lower lods with Polygon Cruncher and 3D Photo Browser. It is quiet similar than using Polygon cruncher with 3DSMax but this is my favourite method since I have discovered this tool:
- Simplier and faster
- Efficiency
- Quality.

Also, some little tricks added to save time...

Edit: I remember a question from Ruboy at the very begining: How much time to make 1 lod? I answered about 45 min./ lod
Now, when you are familiar with the method, it takes 30 minutes to make all the lods for the 2 cars, from step 1 to 4.
So thanks to some members here by their advices, links to great tools (and a little bit of experience too). It is now simplier and quiet easy to make lower lods in a short time.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2010 03:36AM by Excalibur.
Date: April 05, 2010 06:15PM
Posted by: polizzije
Firt cars all go smoth!! but for the second I'm getting the «File is locked or has an invalid header» message. I'm editing the files with the GP4 Builder 1.35 but could not save the file...

Some Help or advice will be apreciated!

Thanks
Date: April 05, 2010 06:30PM
«File is locked or has an invalid header» this message is displayed when you try to import a car into Zmodeler sometimes.
The solution is to open your car into GP4Builder and to save it. Then, re-import into Zmodeler, it will work.

If you can't save the file from GP4Builder, this is because the file was locked by the author. So you can't save it into GP4Builder or open it into Zmodeler.

Date: April 05, 2010 06:49PM
Posted by: polizzije
That's what is happening. So I'm scrued, jaja!!

GRATE tuto by the way!!!
Date: April 05, 2010 06:55PM
Posted by: malmedy
Excalibur, do you make a pdf or doc file with this tutorial?

Date: April 05, 2010 10:25PM
huu, no but I will think about it ;-)

Date: September 08, 2013 12:36AM
Posted by: TomMK
I found that when exporting to .3ds format, ZModeler 1.07b keeps textures assigned only if the texture filename is 8 characters or less. This saves you having to reassign the textures (as you describe in Part 3.1) to all the lower lods. It saves lots of time.

So a tip to car makers is to always name textures with names of 8 characters or less!

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy