GP4 Doesnt load...

Posted by zibit 
GP4 Doesnt load...
Date: June 25, 2002 10:20PM
Posted by: zibit
I attempt to run it, and i get a black screen and it doesnt go any further...

Ive seen others with this problem on this and another forum, has anyone got it working, who has had this problem? I tried newer and older video card drivers but it didnt seem to work...

AMD Xp 1800
geforce2 pro
windows98
Re: GP4 Doesnt load...
Date: June 25, 2002 11:11PM
Posted by: Morbid
Try reading this thread:

[www.grandprix3.com]

Hope it helps.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: June 26, 2002 01:27AM
Posted by: jawwad01
HI

Well really this problem has been experienced by many fans.

Man why don't you press escape button,maybe there is a intro problem as with me .

Hopefully cd is not corrupted.

hei if you have intel motherboard than we can say there is a motherboard problem.
For gp3 didn't work on intel (In HW Mode).

I have worst 4 mb vga ,but it only supports gp4's menu.

ok

bye

Date: June 26, 2002 01:28AM
Posted by: chofi
I had the same problem and managed to fix it by installing DirectX 8.1 (previous version was 8.0). It's on game's cd.
Date: June 26, 2002 02:13AM
Posted by: Loopan
Don't know if this will work for everyone but....

Had the same problem - and tried the same solutions as all of you. Then I rang the new technical support line - first day with the game and they hadn't had any guidance from Infogrames - surprise! - but tried to help.

They suggested:

1). uninstall the game
2). reinstall the previous version of my graphics card drivers - I still had them thankfully (I have an ATI Radeon 8500 LE)
3). reinstall the game don't play it immediately but reboot the pc instead
4). once the pc has rebooted play the game.

and....it works! I have been able to play ever since - I've even managed to reinstall the newer graphics drivers and the game still starts.

The only problem I've had since is a crash or two during races.

They have reported it as a bug - so we'll se if an official soultion comes out but you might want to give it a try - even if you just uninstall the game reinstall your current graphics drivers and follow the same sequence from there.
Date: June 26, 2002 04:43AM
Posted by: seemsnice
I had this problem with black screen and game refusing to load and spent about 8 hours frigging with it. Infogrammes were no help at all - they said it was a safedisc problem and to wait an unknown amount of time for a patch !

IT IS NOT SAFEDISC related. It is video related.

1) The safedisc check completes and the Safedisc logo goes away.

2) Then a black box goes to top left with approx 80% of screen blacked out. Then res changes and screen blacks out 100% then res changes back and game exits to normal correct resolution desktop.

3) "Nocd" decrypt patch fails exactly the same way.

THE FIX for me was uninstall again (for like the 10th time !!!)
Then FULL install (not Minimal without videos) and now it loads every time.

Then like everybody else I spent 2 hours setting up the options with yet more black screens and restart failures (fixed by restoring f1gstate.bak over f1gstat.sav) Then there was the lockups needing power off/on and menus flashing and scrolling after calibrating Guillemot Ferrari Wheel (fixed by going into menu options and exiting again)

PIII 1.0GHz Abit SA6-R MSI GEForce3 512MB SBLive5.1 Win98SE/XPPRO dual boot Mirrored IBM UDMA100 disks

PIII 1.0GHz Abit SA6-R MSI GEForce3 512MB SBLive5.1 Win98SE/XPPRO dual boot Mirrored IBM 7200rpm UDMA100 disks Guillemot Ferrari FF Wheel
Date: June 26, 2002 09:12AM
Posted by: Morbid
Quote: "Then like everybody else I spent 2 hours setting up the options with yet more black screens and restart failures (fixed by restoring f1gstate.bak over f1gstat.sav) Then there was the lockups needing power off/on and menus flashing and scrolling after calibrating Guillemot Ferrari Wheel (fixed by going into menu options and exiting again)"

Sorry to disagree with you here, but it took me less than 5 minutes to configure the game (GFX, sound and controller) and to get playing.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy