key assignment

Posted by oyvind 
key assignment
Date: June 25, 2002 06:24AM
Posted by: oyvind
Hi, folks.
I've been playing GP, GP2, GP3 and now, GP4.
But all this time, I've had big difficulties with the different "view keys"
Can someone please explain to me what the Insert/Delete Home/End PU/PD buttons actually do? I really havent't figured that out.
They seem to do different things every time!
The manual is in 4 languages I really don't understand, so I'm sort of f.... !

Are there any other keys, except from O, Shift Q and Shift J that's good to know about?

On the bugs: I hate buggy games but I was soooo hyped on getting GP4 on the 21. that I would have been very disappointed if the game were delayed, just to fix a few more bugs. If I've know about the bugs, I would have gotten it anyway, because I think that a buggy game is better than no game at all, assuming that a patch will be deployed asap.
BUT HURRY UP AND FINISH THAT PATCH!!! There...

Finally, on the graphics: I upgraded my PC, so that I could enjoy GP4 to it's fullest: AMD 2100+, GF4 -4600, 1 GB 2700 DDR RAM, SB Audigy, Logitech FF wheel, XGA projector on a 100 inch screen, plus a full home stereo, taking care of sound. (I've OC'd the proc and gfx board, to get the little extra...)
The result: Just outstanding! I've got 26 fps, everything maxed out with 4xS FSAA. It's just a sight to behold!!! :-)
Re: key assignment
Date: June 25, 2002 06:27AM
Posted by: Cmspodwy
With that system spec, you only get 26fps.

Thats just plain stupid. With that system spec you should be getting a fps of near 60. if the game had been programmed correctly anyway in the first place.
Date: June 25, 2002 07:18AM
Posted by: chris
4x FSAA brings fps down, on ANY system.

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: June 25, 2002 12:28PM
Yes, especially the 4xS mode I'm using, it taking up alot of processing power.
I've been testing a bit now, and I discovered something very strange:

The FPS doesnt go up when I disable the 4xS FSAA mode!

It still recommends 26 fps!!!

Something is very strange here. When I set to minimum/disable everything in the gfx options, and set my d3d settings to lowest quality/high speed I still don't get a recommandation for more than 36 fps!!!

One would think that the difference between absolute top gfx to absolute minumum gfx should be more than 10 fps!

Comments?

Date: June 25, 2002 02:29PM
Posted by: Morbid
If you bought the game in Denmark (like I did) you got the wrong manual. But you can sign up at the danish Infogrames website <www.infrogrames.dk/gp4> and get the manual delivered by snail-mail.

I guess something similar applies if you are from on of the other Nordic countries.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: June 25, 2002 02:40PM
Posted by: jginete
If u want i can send U a copy of my manual (i think it's in english because i don't have GP4 yet).

Date: June 26, 2002 03:35AM
Thanks, but I discovered something.
Under the Extras folder on the cd, you can find an english version of the manual, in pdf-format.

So, now I'm happy....

Morbid: I live i Norway, btw...
Date: June 26, 2002 09:17AM
Posted by: Morbid
Thumbs up!

Btw, you problems sound a lot like you get a bottleneck of some kind on your system. It is hard to be specific, but doing a bit of maintence on your OS might change things a lot for the better.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy