Posted by: tiger
Showing bumps in the track i believe?

Like my sig? TELL ME!!!! =P
Re: Where Do You Sit?
Date: June 25, 2002 04:37AM
Posted by: Vader
from [www.tweak3d.net]

Bump Mapping

Bump mapping is a technique used to add more realism to images without adding a lot of geometry. Texture mapping adds realism by mapping images to geometric surfaces. Bump mapping adds per-pixel surface relief shading, increasing the apparent complexity of the surface. This uses lighting properties and indicates which parts are dark and which are light on a texture, making it look more geometrically complex because of light refraction.

Surfaces that should have a patterned roughness are good candidates for bump mapping. Examples include strawberries, oranges, stucco, wood, water, etc.

A bump map is an array of values that represent an object's height variations on a small scale. A custom renderer is used to map these height values into changes in the local surface normal. A normal is the perpendicular vector to a plane -- 90 degrees from the plane. These normals are combined with the surface normal, and the results are used to evaluate the lighting equation at each pixel.

[

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 25, 2002 10:39AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Wow something you said makes sense :-P

Date: June 25, 2002 12:18PM
Posted by: Glyn
Hehehe.... thanks for the explanation Vader! Much appriciated!

Date: June 25, 2002 04:03PM
Posted by: Vader
Thank you, Neil.

Chris-
Everything I do or say makes sense. If it looks the opposite it is due to the limited brain capicity of ye mortals have. From time to time I forget that not all of you (actually non, apart from Morbid) are omnipotent, but nevermind: beati pauperes spiritu, as they say where I come from.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 26, 2002 01:55AM
Posted by: bigj
Bump mapping :

have you noticed that the bump mapping motion blurs as the car moves.
Start of stationary and look at the track, now move forwards and you'll
see the track bumps stretch.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy