Re: Monza 1995-1999 beta + paul ricard 1986-1990 beta *56k warning*

Posted by n00binio 
jep, i was referring to you and jep, a point for badoer would be great indeed :)

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Good work.
Just a few points(if I may):
There was a slight kink on the entrance to Becketts, the kerbs were blue back then, and the Woodcote chicane was a little bit closer to the bridge(braking point should be before the bridge).

:)

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
Berger_Fan schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good work.
> Just a few points(if I may):
> There was a slight kink on the entrance to
> Becketts, the kerbs were blue back then, and the
> Woodcote chicane was a little bit closer to the
> bridge(braking point should be before the
> bridge).
>
> :)

thanks for the feedback. it's quite tough to find accurate trackmaps for that track imo. i used the one you posted here a long time ago and it seems i missed that little kink. do you have a pic with good view on the entrance of becketts? depending on the exact position of the kink i could have a go at that without rebuilding everything (seems likely i'll manage that). blue curbs are no problem, i simply lack a good texture, so if anyone has one, please tell me :)
i wondered about the last chicane as well but wasn't sure if it was the bridge that moved :) . it seemed ok to me as farm straight seems to be a bit longer than the straight between club and abbey. displacing the chicane would definately need some rebuilding but that last part isn't a lot of work.

awesome, thank you very much :)

good to know :)

:)

Track-Packs 1988-1991-1993-1994-1995-1997-1999

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2009 01:58AM by plodekk.
it's done!

[www.speedyshare.com]

as it might be interesting... the readme file:

September 1st 2009

--------------------------------------------

Title : Silverstone 1990 layout
Author : n00binio
Description : Silverstone track in 1990 layout for GP4
Base : track was made from scratch, most objects and textures are the Silverstone defaults. Grass, wall, tarmac and sideline textures, adverts as well as trees and corresponding textures taken from TTM's monza 2007, kerb texture by plodekk
Editors used : GP4 Builder 1.181, ZModeler, CMagic4, Easywad, Texresizer, Slimtex, Gimp
Build Time : a very long time ;)
Bugs : a lot
- flickering pitlane
- shadows float a bit
- layout is not 100% accurate (kink at entrance to Becketts inaccurate, misplaced last chicane (maybe)
Special thanks to: lo2k, bergerfan , plodekk, TTM, Kimi the champ, GPGames.eu, grandprixgames.org, everyone involved in the development of the plus system

Contents of this package:

This package contains 2 versions of the track. A version with default pitstands and garages can be found in the subfolder called "standard". This version is ready for use. The subfolder "plus" contains a plus compatible version of the track. I didn't include textures so you'll have to download at least one plus package for proper use of this version. You can update the wad manually with a tool of your choice (e.g. easywad). Just open the wad and drop all plus textures into the maps/silverstone2001 subfolder. You can also use TSM to get that job done. As there's enough information on the internet and in readme files on how to do that (and due to the fact that I'm a TSM noob) I won't provide further information on that.

Obviously a readme file (called GP4form) has been included as well.

Note: As this is more or less open source (unlocked files) the content of the package you actually downloaded might differ from the description above. In that case see the other documents for further information on the contents of the modified package.

A note on fuel consumption: the fuel consumption was tweaked to fit the quite fuel consuming physics files of recent years. That way you won't have to bother cars running out of fuel even with 08 or 09 physics (at least i hope so). On the other hand 88 or 91 cars might have a lot of fuel left at the end of races or stints.

Installation:

Copy the s1ct11.dat into your circuits folder inside the GP4 folder and the silverstone2001.wad into your gp4 directory.
Don´t forget to backup the original files!!!

See TSM documentation on how to make this track TSM ready.

History:

version 1: released June 2008

Permissions:

You are allowed to modify / upload this track without asking me for permission (a pm at GPGames.eu or grandprixgames.org would be kind but is not necessary).

Important note: This readme has to be included. This applies to modified versions and to uploads of the original version! That way I can be sure that all people who contributed get credited. Thanks.

You are not allowed to make money with this work (i doubt that someone would pay for it :) )

Disclaimer:

The author of this package takes no responsibility for its use

n00binio 2009

thank you very much

p.s pitlane exit is wrong,and layout is 100 longer than real one.

My GPGSL Career

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2009 01:33PM by senna9194.
i know, i hope you don't mind :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2009 01:40PM by n00binio.
Thanks Christopher, will d/l when GP4 is working correctly!

Thanks again, it looks like excellent work!

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Great work, thanks!

X (@ed24f1)
thanks guys

thank you :)

-I didn't include textures so you'll have to download at least one plus package for proper use of this version-

i'm a bit disappoint, but i will do. Having too a proper 1990 sponsors for example will be imho a nice idea. Just an imho :)

My workthread with all RELEASED and WIP stuff

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2009 07:28PM by Rot Teufel.
well, there's something in the pipeline, not 1990 and not my pipeline but you'll see :)

n00binio, you will go to make another version, or this version of Silverstone is definitive?
grateful

AYRTON SENNA FOREVER!
i have other ideas for future projects but everything is possible

OK!
It was thinking about asking for authorization to make a UP for mod 1988…
You think about modifying tracings (TO CREATE YOU DECEIVE) of old tracks?
How Hockenheim 91, Magny-Cours 91, Hungaroring 88 among others?
grato

AYRTON SENNA FOREVER!
cleberpister schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OK!
> It was thinking about asking for authorization to
> make a UP for mod 1988…

if you want to do that you have my permission, no porblem. a 91 version could be already in work by someone else but 88 is fine. :)

> You think about modifying tracings (TO CREATE YOU
> DECEIVE) of old tracks?
> How Hockenheim 91, Magny-Cours 91, Hungaroring 88
> among others?
> grato

not decided yet but i'll consider these tracks, too

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy