strange car bug??

Posted by JonBoy 
strange car bug??
Date: June 16, 2002 08:37PM
Posted by: JonBoy
when playing the game any car that is in the background seems to become very different shape and almost resembles a 70's shape car. It does it say on a long straight when not very far in the background. It looks pretty crap does anyone else notice this?
Re: strange car bug??
Date: June 16, 2002 09:41PM
Posted by: Pinguin-Qc
IT,s the same thing in Gp3
When the car is far the rendering changes to reduce cpu usage.
Date: June 17, 2002 01:04AM
Posted by: Ellis
RCR distances isnt it called? When a carshape editor comes out you will be able to edit them to make them longer

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 17, 2002 01:07AM
Posted by: Morbid
Except it is not the same at all!

The carshapes do not go 2d anymore. They get blurred, but they are still in 3d.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: June 17, 2002 02:49AM
Posted by: Habi
Oh, opps i thought that was heat haze :$, it looks pretty weird though

Date: June 17, 2002 04:40AM
Posted by: _Alex_
The only bug I've seen so far is Alex Yoong having Marques's helmet, or Marques having Alex Yoong's name, whichever way you look at it :)

Can't wait for Ralph H to get to work, although I'm sure he already has!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 17, 2002 10:06AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Just had another quite major bug. At Monza I knocked my front right wheel off, limped back to the pits, into the garage, and it renewed the front wing, but left my right front wheel off, so when I went out again, the car acted like it had all four wheels, but the front was missing! Argh! Switching camera a few times fixed it though.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 17, 2002 11:07AM
Posted by: Habi
I know that problem Alex, same here :P

Date: June 17, 2002 12:54PM
Posted by: matthewp
i've seen that one too, funniest one though was when I crashed at Monaco, the marshall came out and started pushing my car back, it pressed shift-q to get back to the pits and the marshall was still there grabbing my front wing, I pulled out the of the pits and he started running backwards at 50 mph down the pitlane still holding my front wing! looked really funny.
Date: June 17, 2002 02:05PM
Posted by: Zcott
There's a weird bug where if you lose your entire nosecone and come into the pits for a replacement, you see the guys actually taking off a front wing whichjust miraculously appears.
Date: June 17, 2002 02:25PM
Posted by: matthewp
yeah i've seen that one too, there's actually quite a lot of bugs, hopefully they will be gone in the real version
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy