Date: June 16, 2002 05:27PM
Posted by: LS.

and so do the jackmen and pitcrew

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Re: Helmet Cam rocks!!!!
Date: June 16, 2002 05:30PM
Posted by: Morbid
Yup, helmet cam kicks ass. Especially when the rain kicks in. You can tell when it begins to rain much faster, than looking at the track. And the effects are stunning. It costs a bit of PO, but it is well worth it.

Btw, how did get that last camera angle?

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: June 16, 2002 05:30PM
Posted by: Morbid
correction, "how did YOU...".

Messy typing...

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: June 16, 2002 05:44PM
you select the external camera angles using the right arrow key or is it left?? ( sorry i just in from the pub :-s ) and then start pressing the page up/down button or insert/delete to bring up the external cameras

or ask me again in the morning when i have the mother of all hangovers

LS's Tip of the week
Date: June 16, 2002 05:50PM

LS's Tip of the week
Date: June 16, 2002 05:52PM
GP4 will be sooooo much better once that nice man mr hummerich releases his 2002 tobacco update for the cars and helmet visors :-)

LS's Tip of the week
Date: June 16, 2002 06:00PM
the only let down for me

( and its nit picking i know considering what we have seen included in gp4)

is the omission of hands on the steering wheel

this has been made even more obvious by the inclusion of the helmet cam. and quite as to why nic court said that they tried it and did'nt like the way it looked seems like bull.shite to me

GPL has done this terrifically, so has the xbox version of f12002.

but to turn around and say that another one of the main reasons for leaving arms out is because they obstruct the view of the information screen on the wheel is bollocks too.

the only time the view is obstructed is when full or half lock is applied entering a corner.

how many times have you heard F1 driver say that the only time they look at the data on the wheel ? it is 99% of the time going down a long straight

if crammond & co are choosing the slogan " as real as it gets" then surely they are over looking a major part of the principles or racing i.e arms

LS's Tip of the week
Date: June 16, 2002 06:05PM
Posted by: genesis
However, L.S., you can't complain cos Crammond does warn us in advance. On the GP series it says: Geoff Crammond's......
In 'Crammond's' is 'no arms'. See, he is clever.
Date: June 16, 2002 06:10PM
Posted by: bazza
Lol, but it doesnt say "no safety car" in there, unless im just missing something.

Bazza

Date: June 16, 2002 06:19PM
Posted by: genesis
AHA! That's where you are wrong Bazza, look again.

Crammond's - No S-Car
Date: June 16, 2002 06:29PM
the point of my post was'nt about us being mislead as to what is included, it was the lame excuses that they felt they could'nt implement them properly, when its plain to see other people have.

again when you have the game in helmet cam mode ( and as fantastic as it is) it still looks silly having no arms turning the wheel when viewing it from the cockpit.

LS's Tip of the week
Date: June 16, 2002 06:43PM
Posted by: Zcott
Maybe they'll release a GP4-2002 update with arms sometime in 2005.
Date: June 17, 2002 03:19AM
Posted by: Glyn
Those helmet cams really do look good. Im glad ive seen a screenshot of them now. I was kinda worried when I first heard it because the ones in F1 Grand Prix 99 were totally crap. GP4's are done perfectly nearly, espically with the rain drops.

Can you wipe your visor?

Date: June 17, 2002 03:28AM
Posted by: Marki
Without hands, it's quite hard to do :-)
Date: June 17, 2002 04:19AM
Posted by: _Alex_
I've got it! What an incredible game :O

I still don't understand these people who say the cars are on rails. Either they're using the keyboard, or they haven't turned steering help off. LOL at the people who deleted it after 5 minutes. Fools. It seems to be the general concensus that the game sucks the very first time you play it, then suddenly everything clicks and it's brilliant. I haven't tried all tracks yet, but Sepang has to be one of my favourites. All the tracks I have tried are inch perfect, it's just incredible. And the handling - well, I don't think I'll be going back to the F1 2992 demo, Gp4 just blows it away.

Morbid you press END to get that camera you referred to.

I've got to go and play some more!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 17, 2002 04:30AM
Posted by: jordangp2001
F1 2992????

wheres the demo!!!!!!!!!!

url plz :)

Date: June 17, 2002 04:35AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Erm, yeah... Gp4 will still probably be better than F1 2992 ;-)

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 17, 2002 06:33AM
Posted by: matthewp
yeah the game does grow on you, when I first played it I thought it was absolutely terrible but once I sorted out the controls a gfx I havent played another game since. I said that the cars felt a 'little' like on rails because there's so much grip (no I don;t use any driving aids) now this may be realistic, noone here can tell (unless we've an F1 driver amongst us :-) but asi've said in another post the face that you can floor it through Eau Rouge in heavy rain suggestst the car has too much grip although maybe its because of too much downforce on the default setups.
One thing which was disapointing is the lack of bumps on any tracks. this was way overdone at some tracks on F1 2001 but its better than the super smooth tracks of GP4 for example after playing F1 2001 you really realise why drivers swerve to avoid the bump approuching Mirabeau but in Gp4 you can just drive straight over it. Its the same in Brazil, drivers constantly moan about the bumps but its as smooth as a billiards table in Gp4.
Apart from that its a great game, have you got a legit version alex? becuase i'm eagerly awaiting my pre-ordered copy.
Date: June 17, 2002 08:10AM
Posted by: chris
Well, it is GPS, so its accurate...don't know what else to say really.

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: June 17, 2002 08:45AM
Posted by: matthewp
GPS won't pick up the bumps on the circuit
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy