GP4 screens 2 diff res.

Posted by CDN_Merlin 
Re: GP4 screens 2 diff res.
Date: June 16, 2002 08:03PM
Posted by: Chappie
HI guys,

thought I might add something here. After I manually adjust my graphics AND TEST it I accept whatever fps the game recommends. Then I subtract anywhere from 5 to 7 fps from that test generated fps number. That way I keep my PO down.

I am running a PIII 900, 512 ram, a geforceIImx video card and a SB 128 sound card. I run GP4 at 1024x768 with most settings at medium except car models (set to high). I don't use the bump mapping and special lighting effects. My video card can't handle it. At these settings GP4 recommends about 27 fps. I set it to run at about 20 to 21, this keeps my PO below 100 most of the time...

I also turn my sound acceleration all the way down. That helps out alot.

Hope this helps someone.

Chappie
Date: June 17, 2002 03:14AM
Posted by: Glyn
Im suprised turning the sonud quality down helps. Modern sound cards act like modern video cards, taking the load off the processor by doing its set task.

Date: June 17, 2002 04:25AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Morbid I'm also on 21FPS, 1024x768. It's fine. I have trouble with the PO in Quickraces so I'm just sticking to Free Practise at the moment. I've got most of the flashy stuff off, Just car eometry and trackside objects high, plus shadows, and it looks brilliant, and runs OK - without too many other cars around. I think I'll upgrade my CPU/RAM/GFX Card to get the best out of the game.

BTW the gfx calibration system is a bit dodgy. It set mine to 8FPS and I was driving in a slideshow with PO of about 15 or 20, so then I yanked the FPS up to 21 and now the PO is about 70-90. You's need a beast of a PC to run eveything on max. That would be gorgeous!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 17, 2002 02:28PM
Posted by: matthewp
has anyone else here tried running it on both XP and 98SE? I tried it in XP at first and got shitty performance but it win 98 it works briliantly, if anyone else has two operating systems i'd try it out,
Date: June 17, 2002 02:51PM
Posted by: Zcott
I'll be trying it in 98SE later tonight. I've been running it on XP all day.
Date: June 17, 2002 06:22PM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
I had 98Se last night and it ran fine, running it on ME now and runs better.

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: June 17, 2002 06:39PM
Posted by: Zcott
I just tried to get it to work in 98SE for me, and it wouldn't. Kept crashing to the desktop when it tried to load a track. Will fiddle more later.
Date: June 18, 2002 03:07AM
Posted by: Habi
I'm running it on 98SE and XP...

XP works better with 4x FSAA, but i have different detonators, so that might effect the results...

What detonators do you guys use? (we're talking about nvidia, *cough*)

Date: June 18, 2002 03:11AM
Posted by: Glyn
I hope it does work fine with XP. Can somebody reassure me here?

Date: June 18, 2002 05:11AM
Posted by: Morbid
Detonator v. 28.32 for WinMe! They are rock solid and give good performance. At least they do for me. I am not sure about the 28.32 for WinXP. You might want to check the forums at www.guru3d.com

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: June 18, 2002 05:18AM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
I'm using the 29.42 in ME and it works fine.

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy