Graphics Card

Posted by CMJH69 
Graphics Card
Date: June 15, 2002 01:52PM
Posted by: CMJH69
I need a new graphics card, can someone please what card will be ok for GP4. I dont wanna spend loads but i want a good card, i heard you can get a geforce 4 for £80 online but im not sure if MMX ones are any good. Can someone show me a good one?

I need it for Friday!!!!!

:-)

Re: Graphics Card
Date: June 15, 2002 01:57PM
Posted by: LS.
i have a geforce 2 gts 32mb and that out perfroms my friends geforce4 mx, and my video card struggles with gp4.

i'm gonna have to shell out for a Geforce 4 Ti 4600 to play gp4 as it is intended

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: June 15, 2002 02:06PM
Posted by: chris
Maybe

[www.ebuyer.com]

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: June 16, 2002 01:23AM
Posted by: Marki
Why don't you try Ati's Radeon 8500 64,128 MB(275/275) video card. With the new Catalyst drivers has a stunning performance and it's cheap as well.
Date: June 16, 2002 02:52AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Unfortunately Chris I think you have to buy more than one of them to achieve that price. I may be wrong but that's what it looks like...

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 16, 2002 02:55AM
Inno3D Tornado GeForce3 Ti500 AGP 64Mb DDR with TV-Out - Retail Box

£102.51
£120.45 inc VAT
Buy 1

Availability: 110 in stock
QuickFind code: 33746
Mfr part #: GF3TI500TV

Though try computer fares. There's a huge one near me (Crystal Palace) but if you live in london try Tottenham Court road.

It'll be cheaper there.

Date: June 17, 2002 08:29AM
Posted by: fockewulf
Try ATI Radeon 8500 64mb/128mb.
Date: June 17, 2002 09:05AM
Posted by: Habi
If you're buying a GF4, take TI4200.
It's a lot cheaper than TI4600, with just a bit lower results

Date: June 17, 2002 10:03AM
Posted by: _Alex_
The GeForce 4 MX 440 is better value still, although if you got the dosh go for something more posh. Arf Arf!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 17, 2002 04:52PM
Posted by: Wineman
I'm probably covering what has been covered in another thread but I'm also looking for a new card. I've seen various ad's also for nVidia GF3 ti 500 at around £120 to 125. However I went to one site where they offer to analyse your PC and the response was at best a GF4 MX 420 for PCI - does this mean I don't have an AGP slot? I bought the machine - AMD Athlon 1 Ghz, 256 Ram etc with a grotty old TNT2 card but assumed it was a stand alone card not integrated in the system. Be very grateful for any thoughts, because just buying the card is a lot less than a processor, motherboard and card option.
Date: June 17, 2002 04:56PM
Posted by: Zcott
Open up your PC, and see if it has an AGP slot. It probably does. And if you have an AGP slot, you'd be better buying an AGP graphics card instead of a PCI one.
Date: June 17, 2002 05:09PM
Thanks for that. Presumably if it does'nt I'll have to buy a new motherboard? If so might as well pay a little more and get a better processor? How difficult is it to fit these things yourself - its somewhat daunting, to say the least - I don't want to waste any more money with Time Computers though.
Date: June 17, 2002 05:13PM
Posted by: genesis
easy as pie, just rip it out and slap a new one in.
Hang on, why is it easy as pie? Pie isn't that easy to cook. How about, easy as beans. Beans are easier to cook than pies methinks.
Date: June 17, 2002 05:19PM
Posted by: CMJH69
Ive got the same problem as you Dave, im gonna have a look inside my pc first thing in the morning. Most newer Motherboards have AGP slot so we should be alright!

Good luck anyway mate!

Im off to bed

Date: June 18, 2002 03:16AM
I really don't know why ppl are afraid they don't have an AGP slot, my old pc's mobo has one (i bought it back in 1998), the only thing you should afraid is SIS motherboard - the chipsets are good, but the name tells you:
SIS = Silicon INTEGRATED Systems

My friend has one, its completely new and it only has 2 PCI slots and AGP slot, he only managed to get a network card in, the other PCI slot is covered by GF2's heatsink, sound card and original gfx card were integrated. bleh

Date: June 18, 2002 04:36AM
Sorry to be paranoid about this but I opened my machine up. There appears to be a brown slot above the 3 PCI slots but it is much smaller than I expected - really about half or just over the length of the PCI slots. Pictures I've seen of the AGP slot suggest its bigger than this. Also my TNT2 is not connected here and in Display Properties it says "Bus Type: AGP (PCI Mode). Any thoughts anyone?
Date: June 18, 2002 04:41AM
Posted by: reggie
:(

\\Visit RenaultF1 Team homepage//

\\[www.renaultf1.com]//

\\ 100% RENAULT //

Date: June 18, 2002 04:46AM
Um, sorry is that a reply to my post?
Date: June 18, 2002 05:05AM
That's confusing. So what's your TNT2 in?

If it says AGP that's where it is. Find your TNT2, and there's your agp.

I upgraded in 1998 and I've got one, so I'm sure you do.

Date: June 18, 2002 05:05AM
Are those 3PCI slots free?

How long is that brown slot, some boards have special slots for small stuff like 56k modem, BUS controllers etc... those are just about 4cm in length ...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy