Grand Prix 4 & LAN play

Posted by CDN_Merlin 
Grand Prix 4 & LAN play
Date: June 15, 2002 08:19AM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
LAN play rocks but you must lower your res to compensate. The higher res you run the more bogged it will be on LAN. Once we figured that out, we were in racing heaven.

The only thing that sucks is there is no qualifing or other player sounds in MP mode. Couple of to many clicks but that's expected. The physics engine just blows my mind away.

I played about 8 hours last night and went to bed at 5am. Slept 5 hrs and I'm writing you this. Gotta get more in beofre wife comes home.

If you like GP3, you'll love GP4. Just make sure if you use a lower res, change the texture quality back to high.

I'm using 640x480 24bit(this is the one in the game that doesn't have 16bit next to the res.) This makes the game nice to look at while keeping the framerates up.

I'm just about to do some more racing.

TTYL

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Re: Grand Prix 4 & LAN play
Date: June 15, 2002 12:14PM
A few more things.

On a V5 5500, the mirrors don't work.

When in the multiplayer screen, when the host changes the track, the client sees the previous track name only until after the race is over. So you never know what track you are playing unless it's your first time in that session.

We need multiplayer replays. Also be able to save them.

Lets us keep stats(ie: best laps etc) in multiplayer games.

Use the entire screen area. Stop allowing to use higher res and only using the centre of the screen for text and pictures.

Sometimes, when changing graphics in the advanced tab, my mouse gets stuck in the performance/detail slider. I cna't get out of it.

Beta tester for;
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: June 15, 2002 12:16PM
Posted by: Chappie
Hello,

Cdn_Merlin I think you should be able to run in more than 640X480 bro. Make sure and read the readme file in the game directory. I promise you it will boost your framerates!!! Especially the suggestions about the sound tweaks.

Chappie
Date: June 15, 2002 02:08PM
I can run at 1024x768 but not in multiplayer.

Beta tester for;
MAX 2, Defiance
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy