I GOT GP4 and these are my first impressions

Posted by LS. 
Re: I GOT GP4 and these are my first impressions
Date: June 15, 2002 02:11AM
Posted by: chris
6) Went to Canada, took CDN_Merlin's copy

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: June 15, 2002 03:04AM
Posted by: _Alex_
6) Went to Canada, took CDN_Merlin's copy

See number 3 :)

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 15, 2002 03:10AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Better try that good ole link again

Date: June 15, 2002 04:21AM
Posted by: LS.
i downloaded it from a site that i know about, but as with gp3 and gp3 2000, the moment i have the hard copy in my hands this version will be deleted and geoff will get his deserved money.

i just could'nt wait til the 21st for it, then have to go on holiday the same day

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: June 15, 2002 04:30AM
Posted by: Morbid
Jeez, GP4 ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!

I have to kill to get it, DO IT!!

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: June 15, 2002 04:32AM
A slight typo there... It should have been "IF you...". ;)

Anyway, Geoff has well deserved my cash, and will get it as soon as the game is released here in Denmark.

Date: June 15, 2002 04:54AM
Posted by: Glyn
This aint fair... ive gotta wait another week to get it :(

It seems a jolly good game though

Date: June 15, 2002 05:04AM
Posted by: matthewp
ok i've got it also, and my first impressions were, oh my god this is absolutely shite, do not trust the automatic graphics and control calibration it made the game look and feel terrible.
i've got a 750mhz Athlon with Geforce 2 MX 128mb RAM and at 800*600 res can run most things medium or high apart from bump mapping and reflections so it looks pretty good. the controls are @!#$ it took me 40 mins of experimenting to get it right but once I did I finally started to enjoy the game.
I'm not sure on the physics, the car feels like its got slightly too much grip, like on-rails as its been said before, as LS says it does spin more easily but i've found it only spins if you take too much kurb at which point you loose the car very suddenly apart from that its actually quite difficult to loose the car unless you get on the throttle to quickly.
The people who have said that they've played it for 5 minutes then deleted will be mising out quite a bit because my first impression was that it was terrible but its definetely grown on me and I think its pretty good now although not the huge leep it should be, its basically the game Grand prix 3 should have been.
The mechanics are great though but the launch control is much better in F1 2002, in gp4 you don;t operate it manually it just means you can floor the throttle without spinning.
Date: June 15, 2002 05:21AM
Posted by: _Alex_
F1 cars have a hell of a lot of grip. It's probably realistic.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
ok matthewp you post a few screens plz.......

Date: June 15, 2002 06:45AM
Posted by: matthewp
I haven't got any webspace to host pics, if anyone has I can e-mail some to them, any requests? as for the grip, I know the downforce produces immense grip but at low speeds I think the car is too hard to spin, you can throw it into the corner as much as you like and it will not spin unless you apply too much throttle, with traction control on however its almost impossible to loose the car. Don't think i'm being too negative though, I think its a good game, i'm just being critical. I;m just looking forward to my real copy arriving so I can use it properly with the Gpeadia etc...
can't wait for the add-on guys to get going, apparantly the track editor is already almost ready! before the games released! I know it sounds unlikely but apparantly the track format is the same as Gp3
Date: June 15, 2002 08:32AM
Yeah, it takes about two hours of holy @!#$, this is not good... And then all of a sudden you realize that you are actually having loads of fun. And then the game just begins to grow and it grows and grows and.... Oh my god, I think I found my summer vacation. :)

Date: June 15, 2002 08:58AM
wher do you get it from though? I wouldnt usually want to know, but chances it are it wont run...so to save me having to return the game and waste a day, could someone tell me where to get it?

I've searched internet, downloaded this program for news groups, but couldnt work out how it worked. Help me!

Date: June 15, 2002 09:04AM
If it helps convince you, I'll sing. Where the streets have no name, where the streets have no name still something something blown by the wind blown by the wind, and when I go there, I go there with you, its all I can do.....

Or maybe under neon loneliness, motorcycle enptiness, culture sucks down words itemise loathing and feed your self smiles, organise your safe tribal war, hurt, maim kill and enslave.....maybe not

gimme a break here, I'm trying...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy