Does GP 4 have any of this?

Posted by Murray 
Does GP 4 have any of this?
Date: June 14, 2002 04:32PM
Posted by: Murray
CAREER MODE?

I've always wanted this option to start with without having to try downloads that don't work on my crap PC!!

They should have a more realistic career mode option, wherby if a driver is under-performing or out injured after an accident they sign someone else, or the test driver takes over or something along these lines. Why don't any of the GP version ever have this!

One way in which it could be done was if you started in say 1999 (for example) and were Alesi, you'd be with Sauber, and have the offer from Prost at the end of the year......... and so on... We have the data and carsets/performance data from 2000,2001 and 2002, and so could have a career spanding 4 years but with couple of fictional seasons thereafter, where a probabability of driver/performance change is entered. For example a % chance of Hakkinen returing, Toyota improving, Irvine retiring, Button returning to Williams , etc...etc...
Even have probabilities of different sponsors over a couple of years. Eg- Jordan losing B&H, Arrows gain O2 and lose Orange!

This should all have a probability, not a certainty of happening so there are limited changes over the course of a year.

HISTORIC CARSETS AVAILABLE -
Wouldn't it be nice if you could just click a button where a carset from bygone years was stored, and you could do that as an option.
Say 1992 Mansell's year, should be accessed on the menu screen without having to make downloads and other timely changes.
(Although I do respect this would hit memory depending on the numbers of carsets)

ALTERNATE OPTIONS-

The option to have or not to have a warm-up lap before start of a GP, where you line up on the grid etc..
This should definately be optional, as it may get boring after a while.

Safety Car. The option to have a safety car come out after an accident or bad weather.

DIFFERENT FAILURES-

Just ask McLaren, you'll get many a different failure! Eg- gear selection, where you are slowed but not definately out. Rear wing failure.......etc...

REALISTIC GRAPHICS-
Ie- graphics as seen on the TV. I know some folk can get this, but it should be there from the off on GP4. Most other GP games do have this to some extent.

NATIONAL ANTHEMS-
For example when the winner crosses the line say its Schumacher, the German anthem followed by the Italian anthem are heard. Has anyone thought of this before!!!!!
Obviously a podium graphic with the drivers celebrating would be prefered, but may cause trouble on the graphics front, and you could get bored with it.

Hope to hear your thoughts on my suggestions and hope that some are in GP4. If not WHY NOT. There are plenty more as well. So get the changes sorted Mr Crammond!!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy