HELP

Posted by bazza 
HELP
Date: June 14, 2002 06:58AM
Posted by: bazza
My computers spec. isn't really up to much, but what should I upgrade?

My choice was either a new graphics card, I've currently got a Voodoo3 3000, or a new processor and motherboard, P2 450 (slot 1)

I don't have much memory but that's cheap enough to buy, and I can make do at the moment with my 192Mb.

Please help, I want to run GP4 at more than 10fps!

Bazza

Re: HELP
Date: June 14, 2002 07:28AM
Posted by: Vader
New graphic card (a decent geforce is a must. Gerforce 2 are pretty cheap and even geforce 3 is getting cheaper and cheaper.)

New CPU could do the trick as well. P240 isn't much these days. The thing is, you will need a new mainboard (motherboard) as well + totally new RAM, since the old RAMS will certainly not support 100 or 133 Mhz FSB that newer boards will have. Just consider: You will have to change board, CPU, RAM, graphics card - not much left; could be cheaper and (easier) to get a complete new PC. Sorry.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 14, 2002 07:39AM
Posted by: chris
Or go to

[www.scan.co.uk]

And get a powerpack or whatever its called. You get all the components (no gfx) for powerful system, cheaper than anywhere else.

But remember, its only for today, it changes each day.

(I'm a walking, talking advert!)

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: June 14, 2002 07:43AM
actually, better idea. go to

[www.novatech.co.uk]

and do a blue print pc to your desired spec. Note down the components (type and all) cos they are definately compatibly (does that for you) then buy elsewhere those bits, and make it yourself. Everyone has a friend who knows how to build pcs....i guess

Chris J

Date: June 15, 2002 03:58AM
Posted by: bazza
I was thinking of getting a Gainward GeForce4 Ti 4200?

Is it any good?

Will it work in my 2x AGP slot?

Is it the best option, between a card and processor/mobo combination?

Is £129(inc. VAT, and I can collect it coz its a shop just down the road) a good buy, or can anyone reccomend somewhere cheaper?

I really should get a new system I know, but that is well outside my budget at the moment. At least with a new gfx card I know what I'm doing, and it's easy to get it up and running.

Cheers

Bazza

Date: June 15, 2002 04:08AM
go here:

[www.ebuyer.com]

£121

or, inc tv out, ddr etc, £116

Date: June 15, 2002 04:16AM
Maybe this

GF3

[www.dabs.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy